Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• OMV 4 problems after install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Wumpus: “However, just trying a plain installation by installing omv-extras and then just selecting the zfs-plugin from the GUI failed, so I think I need to dig in it somewhat deeper; but that is out-of-scope of this thread. ” The plugin can't fix this. zfs-dkms builds the zfs module and depends on linux-headers. But apt installs the headers after zfs-dkms sometimes causing the module compiling to fail. The following should fix it. apt-get -f install (might fail but that is ok because…

• OMV 5.0.5 released????

ryecoaaron - - General

@votdev The plugin upload is broken because the Engined\RPC namespace is declared in engined/rpc/apt.inc (here) causing line 230 to look for finfo in that namespace (here).

• openmediavault-omvextrasorg_

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

If you are not familiar with the Linux command line, I wouldn't recommend running OMV 5.x because it is beta.

• Quote from mrpg: “Something is terribly wrong with this new version of omv. ” I have no problems with it on four systems. Quote from mrpg: “is my machine dying? ” Seems underpowered or just not happy with the newer kernel. What system is it again? Quote from mrpg: “these forums seems to be very inactive, i just want some help along the way. ” 80 posts a day seems decent to me. Personally, I just don't have much time to devote to the forum and even less since I am trying to port the omv-extras pl…

• Quote from Erikk: “Uh, "omv-confdbadm populate" compelted sucessfully, but changed nothing. I still have empty list of disks ” That command wouldn't help this problem. Did you mount your filesystems using the omv web interface? See problem #2 here -forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/

• OMV vs Cockpit

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from jollyrogr: “So OMV will be able to use my SAS hba on Proxmox without doing pass through? This is nice so that other VM’s can use the bulk storage too. Is there a performance hit by doing it this way? ” If you don't passthrough your hba to the OMV VM, then you will have to create virtual drives for the VM.

• openmediavault-omvextrasorg_

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

I haven't worked on why the upload to the web interface doesn't work. Use the command line method until then - OMV-Extras.org Plugin

• Just to warn you that omv-extras hasn't supported armel since the 2.x days.

• LVM2 does not show all drives

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Lord_Pinhead: “Should the drives not be in the list with red background or something to make it clear that the drives at least where found? ” I don't think that is possible but I also don't think they should be in the list. The Physical Disks tab shows you the drives that are found. If they aren't in the dropdown, you know they are either in use or need to be wiped.

• OMV vs Cockpit

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from jollyrogr: “did you configure passthrough for any HBA's for OMV? ” I have in the past but not currently. Quote from jollyrogr: “do you run any dockers, and if so do you run them in OMV, in another VM, or on proxmox itself? The latter I believe is possible but not recommended. ” Yes. I have a couple of dedicated Ubuntu 18.04 VMs for docker. Quote from jollyrogr: “Some of them seem to be redundant? Like there's a couple plugins for snapraid, and one for mergerfs and also unionfilesystem…

• Quote from johndoe123: “Do you think it would be a good idea to expand the backup script to detect GPT and backup accordingly? ” Maybe. I never worried about it because the OMV installer doesn't use GPT for the system disk.

• Snapraid update error

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from vmn: “When I run the SnapRAID - Scheduled diff job from the OMV Gui, I get no email. ” Which button are you clicking on to run the diff job?

• Raspberry Pi 4 HELP PLS!!!

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from LinuxG6702: “so for your RPI 4 did u just install buster lite, then use the guide on installing omv 5 and just setup everything from there ” More or less. I don't need the guide to install OMV. I've done it thousands of times. Quote from LinuxG6702: “I wasn't using buster lite, i was using buster with desktop. but i will try with buster lite(probably won't make a difference ) ” That makes a lot of sense and yes, using the desktop can cause you problems ESPECIALLY with networking. That…

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from LinuxG6702: “Probably because a stable version hasn't been released for the RPI 4 yet. ” Yep. Quote from LinuxG6702: “I've manged to finally change the hostname, web password, mounted my external disk, create a user all in 45 mins. (Should've taken 2 mins) ” I just did that on my RPi4 in between other things and it only took a few minutes. Never had to refresh the page. Quote from LinuxG6702: “Do you get ANY ERRORS when using the web gui on ur OMV 5 . Cuz even when i had installed OMV…

• what can "proxmox kernel" do ?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from bluskai: “Can you tell me the differences between"default kernel" and "proxmox kernel" ” The default kernel is 4.19 and is the stretch-backports kernel. The proxmox kernel is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 4.15 kernel. I find the proxmox/ubuntu kernel a bit more stable and has zfs builtin (instead of a compiled module). Really just a preference. I have seen the 4.19 kernel have issues on some hardware. Quote from bluskai: “Dose it mean that I can run "Proxmox VE" on OMV? ” NO. Proxmox and OMV have …

• Debian Scretch and OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from lin: “OK, there is full output from the install command. ” Let me guess, you install a desktop environment? resolvconf (dependency of openmediavault) failed to install because it couldn't make changes. This makes me think networkmanager is running.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from LinuxG6702: “Everything was working fine until i was about to change my host name and web password. ” Are you using the hostname or IP address to access the web interface? Quote from LinuxG6702: “Then when i go to ssh to it it says the device refused to connect when i have allowed root login on the web gui for ssh ” ssh either isn't enabled or root login is disabled. I would try doing things without changing the hostname or network settings for now. I will look into why the hostname c…

• users and scheduled job

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from nnicola82: “I would like some of these to have access to the scheduled job section: which group should they be part of? I checked member of "openmediavault-webgui", but it is not enough... ” This is not possible. The admin user is hard-coded to be the only user with access.

• Debian Scretch and OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from lin: “What's wrong? ” We need more output from the install command.

• Apt-Get Issues

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from RS1: “Is the USB causing the issue do you think? ” only if it is old and worn out.