Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from LogicalUnit: “Why is my username going from John which works, to john.welsby@gmail.com which doesn't work? ” Quote from LogicalUnit: “root@helios4:~# getent passwd {1000..60000} john:x:1000:100:,,,:/home/john:/bin/bash root@helios4:~# ” As you stated in an earlier post there two users John and john; john is the user you have created using OMV that is confirmed by the output from above, and as stated previously the email option when creating a user account is not necessary. John is the…

• Plex on Docker - looking for servers

geaves - - Docker

Quote from calin: “My server is in a remote location and I am using OpenVPN addon over OMV to connect with it. ” IMHO this can't be done this way, you need to use the remote plugin to mount the remote shares locally, if Plex was running on the remote server then you need a Plex app to access it which would work over the VPN. Quote from WastlJ: “those, if you want to reach it from the Internet. ” Interesting, if you do that I assume you have to set port forwarding on the router.

• No IP instead weird letters

geaves - - Network

Quote from KM0201: “I don't think it's his router. Mine shows exactly the same thing. ” Interesting, not seen that before, but I have seen routers where you set a static IP in the router using PC's MAC address. I see that one has a menu tab for Lan IPv6 does that allow you to turn off/disable IPv6 for the LAN. Quote from thegameksk: “After reinstalling IP shows up ” well that's a result, but it is odd behaviour to have an IPv6 address issued.

• Quote from VladVons: “I wonder about the 10 years old OMV project which has no such feature as a partion ! ” Don't know I just use it.

• Is OMV5 out of beta?

geaves - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from RS1: “The "latest version" download link usually ignores beta's.. unless of course this is an oversight? ” There's been no announcement on the forum that 5 has been released and from other threads it will release when Buster 10.1 is.

• Is OMV5 out of beta?

geaves - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from RS1: “Hi there, I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in OMV5? Thanks ” AFAIK this is still beta, and to answer the second part, no!

geaves - - Network

Quote from thegameksk: “Under DHCP it says IPv4 start 192.168.1.2 and IPv4 end 192.168.1.254 ” That's not normal!! there is usually a range which is used to assign to DHCP requests on your network, as an example my router is assigned 254 but the DHCP range is 192.168.1.64 -192.168.1.253 this leaves anything before .64 to be used if necessary for static IP's. My router is not able to assign a static IP via MAC address nor can I add so that the PC can pick up that ip address via MAC. Your router s…

• Quote from VladVons: “I installed x64 OMV image on my 250g and cant create shared folder because device item is unavailable. All space in a roor FS ” The only way I can explain this is from my own experience, using a 32Gb USB flash drive, OMV installed and created a partition to install, I had to use gparted to extend that root partition, but I have no intention of using the flash drive for anything other then OMV. If I understand what you are saying that OMV uses the whole 250G on a standalone …

• OMV install on USB2.0 or HDD SATA?

geaves - - General

Quote from RS1: “I've decided to buy a couple of USB3 flash sandisk ultra drives. ” I use USB flash drives, 3 in total, one for master and two rotate on a monthly basis.

geaves - - Network

Quote from KM0201: “Could this be a DNS issue? ” I think it could be, but if you look in /etc/network/interfaces it will just reference dhcp, so unless the router is totally running IPv6 it should give an IPv6 dns. That's why asked for information from the router, mine does both, but I use IPv4 for internal.

geaves - - Network

Ok log in to your router and check ip address range and dhcp table.

geaves - - Network

Quote from thegameksk: “How do I do that? ” Well if you're using chrome http://<hostname> and I think the default host name is openmediavault or http://<hostname.local>

• Quote from Adoby: “But you can partition before you install and not wipe the disk. ” This has gone to here

• Actually @TechnoDadLife has a video on how to do this.

• Quote from VladVons: “i installed my first OMV on ProxMox host to test ” Then this is out of my pay grade I have experience of MS Hyper-V, your other thread says something about a 256Gb SSD, I assume what you have done is created a virtual drive using that 256 SSD. OMV does not include something like gparted a user would have to use this from a LiveCD. So best guess scenario would be to create a 10Gb virtual boot drive on that SSD to install OMV on then create a working partition on the remainde…

• /dev/vda that implies a virtual disk, OMV would display this as /dev/sda what or how are you installing OMV, OMV does not use an entire disk to create it's boot partition.

• Quote from VladVons: “When I go to make a new file system, and hit the "CREATE" button, then hit the drop down menu for "Devices" nothing comes up and thus I can not make a file system. ” I assume you have a drive to add/create a file system to, Storage -> Disks

• Output this from the cli getent passwd {1000..60000} that will list the 'normal' users.

geaves - - Network

Isn't that an IPv6 address? it should be possible to get to the GUI using host name

• Quote from enzoweb: “If I put \\raspberrypi or \\raspberrypi.local or \\192.168.1.225 in File Explorer I just get "this folder is empty" ” That message makes no sense, this is what I would expect "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.225" Ok go back, when you try map network drive and use \\192.168.1.225\goflex is goflex an actual SMB share?