Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 23.

• OMV E-Mail hacked/leak?

phrogpilot73 - - General

I got the exact same email before I ever installed OMV. I ignored it, and nothing happened. Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

• Best way for plex server

phrogpilot73 - - Network

Quote from wesleyliekens: “its both on linux I first used the OMV extras plugin and it created a database on an external SSD now im using Plex with docker and would preferably just let him use the same database on the external SSD” This was the link that I found on the Plex support forum. Basically, you move everything over to the new data folders and then copy the library database info over. Windows has registry keys associated with it and that's why moving from Windows to Linux is a PITA. supp…

• Plex Installing Plugins under OMV

phrogpilot73 - - Plugins

I thought Plex had EOL'd plugins. Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

• Best way for plex server

phrogpilot73 - - Network

Is your existing Plex database on Windows or Linux? There's instructions on the Plex site (or forums, don't remember) for copying from Linux to Linux, and Windows to Windows, they also have a post on going from Windows to Linux. I tried it (going from Windows to Linux) and it turned into such a giant PITA that I ended up rebuilding my database from scratch. And I have a huge library, with 600+ movies and 30+ TV Series, plus my music. Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

• OpenVPN - can't log in

phrogpilot73 - - Plugins

Quote from Virgil.A: “SETTINGS: General settings: - Configure the plugin: - enable: true - port: 1194 - use compression: true - PAM: true VPN network: - Address: 10.8.0.0 - MASK: 255.255.255.0 - Gateway interface: your internet interface (mine is ens5, but the interface is in the dropdown list just select the one connected to the internet) - Default gateway: true DHCP options everything is empty Public: - Public address: your IP or if NO-IP use your domain.ddns.ne ” I would NOT enable compressio…

• Quote from valent0ne: “Quote from taichun: “Greetings, OMVers: I created the following script to re-mount all the inactive sharedfolder mounts in one go and just created an @boot scheduled job to run it. Working fine for me so far after each reboot. However it's still safer to have all processes to use the actual mounts located under /srv than the /sharedfoldes reference ones. Shell-Script (5 lines)Hope this helps! P.S. Just want to point out that this solution will work for people who's been se…

• Piwigo + letsencrypt help needed

phrogpilot73 - - Docker

Well that was easy! Thanks for the quick help!

• Piwigo + letsencrypt help needed

phrogpilot73 - - Docker

I currently have letsencrypt running nicely with Nextcloud (both in dockers), and I'd like to use it also with piwigo (also in a docker). I know that I'd have to add --network MYNETWORK name to the piwigo container, as well as editing/adding the letsencrypt nginx config files. Since I don't see a piwigo nginx config file in letsencrypt, I assume I'm going to have to start with one that works and edit/rename. My ultimate endstate is MYDOMAIN.duckdns.org points to Nextcloud, and MYOTHERDOMAIN.duck…

• Where is URbackup?

phrogpilot73 - - Plugins

Quote from Nefertiti: “Just wondering why I do not have URbackup inmy plugin list?” Have you already installed it? If you have, it's located at the bottom of the services section. If you're trying to install it and can't find it, have you installed OMV-Extras? Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

• The Piwigo Challenge

phrogpilot73 - - Docker

Quote from KM0201: “You don't have that user number assigned on your system. I'm assuming you have created a user under the "Users" section.... so you need to get that users info Example, if you had a user "ken" on your system, from there, you'll clearly see your users UID and GID. I'm not really sure where the P comes from in docker setup.. :): Source Code (3 lines)” I knew that I didn't have that username, I was trying to figure out who their UID of 99 was to map it to my system username/UID. …

• The Piwigo Challenge

phrogpilot73 - - Docker

So I ran the command: id -nu 99, and it returns "no such user" Who is user UID 99 in your instances where piwigo is working? I think that might be my problem...

• The Piwigo Challenge

phrogpilot73 - - Docker

I have one MariaDB for Nextcloud, so I created a new one for piwigo. Changed the port from 3306 to 3307. I get stuck at this step Source Code (2 lines)Then, nothing. Just sits there. Any ideas?

• So I have a similar, yet different situation that I'm scratching my head for... unionFS with the shared folders created in OMV GUI. ALL shared folders in unionFS mount correctly. Only some subfolders are available. i.e. /sharedfolders/media only has "Music" and "Unsorted" when you browse to the UUID of the unionFS pool, /pool UUID/media has "Music", "Movies", "TV Shows", etc... the sharedfolders created in OMV GUI are Media, Users, etc... So it's only some of the subfolders of the shares that ar…

• symlink Source/Destination question

phrogpilot73 - - Plugins

Nevermind. Figured it out. For others that may be scratching their head - I had it backwards. Source is where the data/real rolder resides. Destination is where the symlink is. Then I ran into the problem of trying to access it with samba. Here's what I did to fix that: Add the following lines at the end of /etc/default/openmediavault - OMV_SAMBA_SHARE_FOLLOWSYMLINKS="yes" - OMV_SAMBA_WIDELINKS="yes" - OMV_SAMBA_UNIXEXTENSIONS="no" After that, at the terminal prompt type the following two lines:…

• I've got a quick question about the symlink plugin, specifically what the source/destination fields should be. Little Background - My wife and I have a small home business. There is a folder on our current Windows Home Server under users, called "Dream Vacations". I am currently using a janky system of dropbox/boxifier to access that shared folder via laptop/desktop/cell phone/tablet, etc. As I'm moving everything over to the new server, I'm trying to structure everything to be more logical and …

• Quote from Morlan: “Works! Added the PUID and PGID (and also the TZ) in the docker tab. Then chown -R Dockeruser:users /Nextclouddatafolder. My AppData folder was already owned by the right User. ” If you were here right now, I'd KISS YOU! I've been tearing my hair out, and have removed and replaced letsencrypt and nextcloud at least 3 times. I was most recently trying to figure out how to add myself to the "911" group. Did exactly the same thing you just did, and everything works 4.0. Thanks!

• Recommended Plugins?

phrogpilot73 - - Plugins

Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I am just doing a video about recommended plugins, because some of the plugins are disappearing with the next version of Openmediavualt. Why should you use or not use dockers Short answer use docker for : Plex, Nextcloud, DuckDNS, OpenVPN, what ever photo organizer you use. Plugins : ClamAV, URBackup, Remote desktop ” I look forward to it, seeing as how it's your videos that made me partially decide on OMV. I'm a subscriber, and I have the notification bell checked! Ot…

• Recommended Plugins?

phrogpilot73 - - Plugins

I'm still in the planning/testing phases of my OMV server, and I'm trying to replicate almost all of the Windows Home Server features I've become accustomed to/expand my feature set. With that said, here are the plug-ins I'm planning on installing: Media Server: Plex Remote Access: Nextcloud DDNS: Duck DNS AV: Clam AV Backup: URBackup (for my Windows/Linux machines) Datapooling/Replication: unionfs/SnapRAID VPN: Open VPN Some small things that I'm looking to do, that I don't know if plugins exis…

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from phrogpilot73: “Thanks for all the suggestions. After setting up unionfs on the virtualbox, and watching some videos on SnapRAID - I think you guys are right, that is exactly the solution I'm looking for. The only weird thing I noticed was trying to link it with Plex, had to identify each individual HD's Media folder with Plex vice the pool that I created with unionfs. Not a big deal, but I could see as HDs get more and more (just two in the test environment) it coul…

• So, I've been planning this new server build for a while, and have been slowly accumulating the components as they go on sale. Some items I picked up at a premium because they were being discontinued, or because they were finally back in stock and didn't want to risk not being able to get them. Goals for the server were to EOL my Windows Home Server that's been chugging along nicely for a decade, but replicate all the functionality. Because I only recently decided on the NAS software (OMV) after…