Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 649.

• Boinc on your home server?

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Thanks! I'll give it a try ASAP.

• Boinc on your home server?

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Sadly I didn't had time for my NAS in this few months The installation is easy, but I don't know how to control how much resource give to boinc. I would like it to stay between 10 and 20% of CPU.

• A question about the autoshutdown plugin. Would it be possible to add a new check before shutting down? I think it would be helpfull if it will check if there is a smart self test running before shutting down.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

Blabla - - Plugins

I think that this are issues that should be easily avoided improving the wiki. I'm fine will help as much as I can with it, since I made so many trial and error

Blabla - - Plugins

I still don't think it's an issure. The folder that will become huge is the config one, not the container one. To avoid problems I put the config in a different partition so that I can move it in a different disk without problems. In any case: Plex/emby users should know that if they use video preview or other function that use so much memory they have to take it in consideration while buying the OS/Program disk.

Blabla - - Plugins

Quote from KM0201: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “My plan was for the button to install docker if it wasn't already and then start portainer. Maybe a button to open the site in a new tab. Pretty simple. ” First, as much as I like the Docker plugin, I've been using OMV 5 in Vbox a week or so and am using Portainer there and it is really growing on me. If you go the path you're stating above, I'm assuming docker will install with default settings? If Containers go to their default location (ie, var/lib/…

• with that it will do it every saturday right? I would like it to set it only 1 saturday at month

• thanks a lot for your answers! I wanted to ask a last thing: is it possible from the gui to set the long test on the first,second, third an fourth saturday/sunday of the month? Since it take 10 hours, I can only o it during saturday or sunday where I have my NAS up for that much (I put it on sleep at nigh/when I'm not at home).

Blabla - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “My plan was for the button to install docker if it wasn't already and then start portainer. Maybe a button to open the site in a new tab. Pretty simple. ” yeah, I think that's the best plan. A basic plug-in that just install portainer and will open a new tab to it if you click on it. It would avoid trouble with people installing something wrong/in the wrong way. Also I would add this: this I don't think many people know portainer, I would rename this plugin in "omv-docker…

Blabla - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “This plugin is mostly at is current state and it will probably not be ported next release There are better alternatives atm, Check portainer. Other than that you can submit a pr to github for a change. ” Do you think you'll make a portainer plug-in? Or you will suggest to just install it using the official guide? Also: there is some way to manage my already running container with portainer? P.S. Can I contribute at the wiki in some way? I learned a lot throught those years…

• Quote from neurotone: “I think if we keep looking the web will find it ” I don't even know what software OMV is using to check the SMART data Quote: “ SMART 5 – Reallocated_Sector_Count. SMART 187 – Reported_Uncorrectable_Errors. SMART 188 – Command_Timeout. SMART 197 – Current_Pending_Sector_Count. SMART 198 – Offline_Uncorrectable. ” thanks!

• no one know the difference, or can link me some guide? I can't find anything usefull

• Up No one has some suggestoin?

• thanks a lot to both of your for your answers! Out of curiosity: OMV5 will be based on Debian 10 right?

• Quote from Mr.Onion: “Sounds promising! Any thoughts on how much ram is worth it for omv? ” I would go for 4 GB since the difference is really small. Quote from tkaiser: “you'll only get a beta OMV5 experience on the RPi 4 now ” Does OMV5 support ext4/ZFS? On github there is a huge discussione about OMV 5 only supporting BTRFS. I read that BTRFS doesn't go well with USB, can you confirm? I already have two friends interested in Rp4 and OMV!

• I was thinking about once a week a short test, e once a month for the long one. But I'm not sure if it can hurt the disk doing it so often. I never found a complete answer for that, and I think that a "suggest schedule" should be in the wiki since it's a rather complex argument.

• Hi everyone, I have 4 HDDs in my NAS. Everyone is already monitored, but I saw that there is also a schedule tab with 4 different type of self test. I wanted to ask a few things: 1) What's the difference between normal monitoring and self test? 2) Wich one should I do? Short, long, conveyance or offline? 3) How often should I do that? does it shorten the HDD life span? Thanks in advance for the help!

• The Piwigo Challenge

Blabla - - Docker

Great! I'll wait for the technodad guide than

• The Piwigo Challenge

Blabla - - Docker

Quote from HansGalliker: “Dear TechnoDadLife (what's your name really?) i am a great enthusiast of your videos and i installed omv, nextcloud and so on successfully. Piwigo i installed exactly following your instructions for Nextcloud (Mariadb and Docker Piwigo) and it works fantastic. For some days I give you an account for my album "Florida 19", so you can immagine how it works. cloud36.duckdns.org, user name: TechnoDadLife, PW: test. Yours Swiss enthusiastic. ” this you already have a working…

• Idea for huge poll to help users

Blabla - - Off-Topic

Yeah, i put 3 different sites, but I would go for poll.ly or quiz-maker. Waiting for some feedback, possibly from admin about the best section where put the poll, than I'll post it