Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• OMV 5.0.5 released????

votdev - - General

Use the source, Luke. A changelog can be found here: github.com/openmediavault/open…diavault/debian/changelog A compressed list will be published with the official release announcement as it was done in the previous releases.

• Did you set the privileges for the new user? Is the user part of the 'users' group?

• You are trying to install a plugin for OMV3 on a OMV4 system. This won't work.

• Issue with OMV5 and ESXI

votdev - - NFS

It seems you hit a bug. Can you open a issue at tracker.openmediavault.org please? Tracking bugs in the forum is not great. If you create the issue you'll get notified about changes or when we need more info.

• Please check the file permissions of /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-proxy. It should be 640 (rw-r--r-- root root).

• Samba

votdev - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from ryecoaaron: “This is probably caused by the apt clean button clearing the salt cache using: salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache I have found the following command fixes the issue but I need to verify with @votdev that it is the proper thing to do: sudo salt-call --local --retcode-passthrough --no-color state.orchestrate omv.stage.prepare ” Don't know what your intention is in clearing the cache, but it seems this will remove the sync'd modules. So you need to run at least Shell-Scr…

• OMV 5.0.5 released????

votdev - - General

Quote from Mr Smile: “When you then visit the official download page (sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/) OMV 5.0.5 is the newest version that is not marked as beta. I understand why you want to wait for the release of Debian 10.1 but I really don't understand why you didn't append 'beta' to 5.0.5 when OMV5 is not officially released yet. ” A 'beta' was not appended because if the ISO has no bugs and the OMV 5.0.5 package does not contain wired bugs too this ISO will be the official …

• OMV 5.0.5 released????

votdev - - General

OMV5 has NOT been released, or did you see an official announcement of the homepage? Sourceforge simply shows the latest uploaded file, that's all.

• Basic console commands

votdev - - General

OMV is based on Debian, so you have to get familar with this userland. In Debian the ifconfig command has been superseeded by ip. There are only a small number of OMV specific commands: github.com/openmediavault/open…b/openmediavault/usr/sbin

• It seems the php-xml package is missing.

• Es ist natürlich klar dass Du jetzt Fehler bekommst wenn Du irgendwelche Einträge in der Datenbank vornimmst. Die ShareFolders und die Shares in den Services sind natürlich untereinander verlinkt. Die Datenbankstruktur ist damit kaputt und Du wirst um eine Neuinstallation nicht herum kommen. Entferne die RAID Platten bei einer Neuinstallation um die Daten nicht zu gefährden und hänge diese nach der Installation wieder dran. Das RAID wird automatisch erkannt und Du kannst Dein System neu konfigur…

• It might overwrite some of your settings like interfaces, but it won’t touch services for example. Please have a look into the sources, it is easier than explaining what it does: github.com/openmediavault/open…openmediavault/initsystem

• You do not (and shouldn't) execute the omv-initsystem command on production system.

• Let us know about new versions

votdev - - Announcements

Simply configure email notifications and cron-apt will notify you on each new package update.

• weird share path

votdev - - General

Quote from matrhack: “Thanks for this answer. I understand and agree with that. Can you give me an idea to troubleshoot why my share won't work without using /sharedfolders ? ” I can't, because i've never seen that behaviour. You tell that replacing the mount paths with the /sharedfolders equivalent it works, then this makes it more strange because the dirs in /sharedfolders are symlinks to the original mount points.

• Install error on fresh Buster

votdev - - General

Will ne fixed in openmediavault 5.0.5

• Your database is destroyed. You need to reinstall the system.

votdev - - General

Could you please open a bug report at scm.openmediavault.org/issues? This allows a better tracking than doing this in the forum.

votdev - - General

It seems that there is a problem with BTRFS as root filesystem and the pyudev library. Could you please execute the following commands and post the output: Shell-Script (1 line) Shell-Script (6 lines)The output of the Python interactive shell should look like: Shell-Script (10 lines) Now execute the following command with YOUR major/minor numbers: Shell-Script (1 line)

• It's done when it's done But good to hear that 10.1 is coming soon.