Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Ozzone: “Quote from KM0201: “Quote from Ozzone: “Same hardware, same problem. My ultimate solution: use omv 3.0.99. Yes, its no support, but it works perfect! ” That's not a solution. Wait until something needs fixed. ” Of course, waiting for many years is the better solution :))) Problem with unstable r8169 not solved in Debian Buster (and OMV 5) ” I didn't say there were easy solutions, but your "ultimate solution" is anything but, in fact it could put some systems at a security ris…

• Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from Fr0ns: “Can I mount my arrays on a completely new/seperate installation? ” Usually Yes, if you refer to data drives. But, as @KM0201 has mentioned, it is always recommended to have a clone of the system disk (SD Card, USB stick), because there is no (easy) way to restore an Openmediavault configuration. It should be created at least before major updates, configuration changes and so on. ” I'm not sure I'd say it's always recommended, it's just the only way to b…

• If you set the OS up as recommended, and the OS disk dies.. you will only lose the OS. Your data is stored on your data drives. You would basically disconnect the storage drives, reinstall the OS to your new OS drive, reconnect the storage drives, then mount the storage drives back in the webUI (this would include RAID's, etc.). Then you would simply need to add back your shared folders, plugins, etc.

• openmediavault.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html 1. You buy a new one. 2. Unfortunately, not like you remember in FreeNas. If you have omv-extras installed on omv 4, you can click on omv-extras and then kernel.. and there is a way to boot Clonezilla. You can then clone your OS drive to another drive. This is the only supported way to back up your OS drive. 3. If you want to run OMV on a raid 1 (I can't really imagine why, that seems silly)... You would likely need to do a Debian 9 net install …

• Testing OMV 5.5-1

KM0201 - - Updates/Upgrades

If you can't get omv extras to install... Some in another thread said it installed fine for them... I'm not sure how, as I've had to do this same procedure on 3 virtual machines and on the test build I'm using.. SSH your server and become root. apt install gnupg2 touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extras.list nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/extras.list Add this line: deb hxxps://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usul buster main (note that should be https at the beginning, I altered it so …

• Testing OMV 5.5-1

dpkg probably didn't work... There's an issue with the path settings in the deb file. cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d and see if you have omvextras.list.... if it's not there, it didn't work (although just watching the terminal, it looks like it did) I've had zero issues with the apply button. Try holding Control and clicking the refresh button while on your webUI, to clear the browser cache... maybe it installed and there's just a cache issue.

• Quote from Ozzone: “Same hardware, same problem. My ultimate solution: use omv 3.0.99. Yes, its no support, but it works perfect! ” That's not a solution. Wait until something needs fixed.

• Testing OMV 5.5-1

I've not had issues with the apply button on my test build, my issue was getting omv-extras installed period. Once it was installed, it worked fine. What browser are you using? Are you using English for the webUI language? forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=211177#post211177 I eventually got it installed by manually adding the repo, key, etc. Just checking the virtual install I just did, it's not been fixed yet. They're aware of the problem so I'm sure it will get figured out shortly.

• Testing OMV 5.5-1

I'm actually reinstalling in vbox at the moment, but my test box is running well (although there was some issues with getting OMV-extras installed). I'll post back in a minute.

• Permission denied

KM0201 - - General

Looking at the tag, you're using 3.0... that's your issue. The repositories have closed because the OS has been EOL for over a year. You have 2 options. 1. Clean install 4.0 2. There are multiple threads on the forum about this issue and getting your 3.0 OS updated to 4.0. Once you're system is updated, you need to do a better job of keeping your system up to date to avoid these problems.

• Yeah... I'm reading up on it now, but you're or more or less just using docker compose with Portainer there... which as I said.. I always manage to screw up somehow. Looks like I'm gonna have to figure out how to not screw it up.. I was hoping there was either a simple environment variable I could add to a container .. "Don't start till this is up"... Thanks!

• Yea I would like to keep this within portainer if possible. For some reason Everytime I mess with docker compose, things get screwed up.

• On my test box for OMV 5, I've been working on deploying my containers. Everything is going smoothly, but Nextcloud is having a minor issue. Everything installs, sets up, and runs just fine. When I reboot the server, Nextcloud is unavailable at boot. If you've followed TDL's videos on setting up Nextcloud w/ secure access.. You know this is going to require 4 containers to work with each other (in order): MariaDB Nextcloud Duckdns Lets Encrypt What I've found, is when Nextcloud is unavailable at…

• update management

KM0201 - - General

Quote from cmertens: “Updates that won't be found/installed by apt-get update? ” To put it bluntly... no. If you're not very familiar with Linux (and it doesn't sound like you are)... think of it like this. omv-update, apt-update is simply checking the repositories that are enabled in your sources list, to see if there are updates that are needed. If updates are available, it will be noted when the command stops running.. but they will not be installed Once it sees updates are available, they'll…

• Plex on Docker - looking for servers

KM0201 - - Docker

Quote from WastlJ: “If you want to change it to bridged (already got that working, too) you need to specify those ports: -p 32400:32400/tcp \ this one at least, to make it work within your own network. Source Code (8 lines)those, if you want to reach it from the Internet. I´ve set up all my Containers just via CLI. Using portainer just to "manage" them. ” I did specify 32400 as you put above, and it never connected with a bridge connection.

• forum.openmediavault.org/index…ocker-looking-for-servers

KM0201 - - Docker

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Portainer isn't going to change that. It's clearly a networking problem however.

KM0201 - - Docker

Well, I have no idea what the problem is, but it's definitely something to do with the network settings. I changed my network to "bridged" (as i've done multiple other containers)... and Plex could no longer connect. Changed it back to host.. things working again

KM0201 - - Docker

Well, I went back to the official container... I now have it working on host.

KM0201 - - Docker

Quote from WastlJ: “Just set it up with --net=host (or choosing host within Portainer). You also need to make sure that the GUID and UID is set properly and the user has permissions within the folders you also set up. Maybe I do some kind of tutorial for Portainer when OMV 5.x is out ” Did you set up the official plex docker, or the linuxserver one? I was trying the official one first, now I'm running into this issue on the linuxserver plex docker.. github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex/issues/128 …