Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 807.

• ZFS to use more than 50% ram?

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from savellm: “So I've got a fairly happy working setup, but noticed that ZFS will not use more than 50% ram. ” This is the default behavior of Zfs on Linux. You can modify it by creating '/etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf'. Also some aditional work is necessary. More info here: Limit ZFS on Linux Memory Usage and ZFS ARC on Linux, how to set and monitor on Linux?

• FTP sessions from foreign IPs

cabrio_leo - - FTP

Quote from JohnStiles: “I have already published firewall rules in this forum. If you're interested, you can search. ” I didn´t find your post straightaway. There are several threads related to this topic. Quote from JohnStiles: “But nobody was interested in it ... ” I would not assume, that nobody is interested in. Firewall rules are generally a very complex issue and only view users are familiar with it. Look at your spoiler from the other thread: -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags FIN,ACK FIN…

• Quote from Fr0ns: “Can I mount my arrays on a completely new/seperate installation? ” Usually Yes, if you refer to data drives. But, as @KM0201 has mentioned, it is always recommended to have a clone of the system disk (SD Card, USB stick), because there is no (easy) way to restore an Openmediavault configuration. It should be created at least before major updates, configuration changes and so on.

• OMV and Raid controller

cabrio_leo - - RAID

I am not sure if I understand your last post completely. AFAIK a dedicated repair tool is not available and also not necessary. Nevertheless a so called 'scrub' should be done periodically. This checks the integrity of the ZFS file system. Quote Aaron Toponce: "With ZFS on Linux, detecting and correcting silent data errors is done through scrubbing the disks." And yes, it is recommended to not exceed 80% of the pool size: Quote Aaron Toponce: "Keep pool capacity under 80% for best performance. D…

• Device is n/a in shared folder

cabrio_leo - - General

@Simmarn It would be very nice if you still record the solution of your problem here

• How to access installation drive?

cabrio_leo - - General

I would suggest to use a tool like WinSCP or FileZilla. With these tools you have to create an (SSH) connection with root credentials. Then you have full access to the system disk´s file system. It is also possible to open an SSH console session by PuTTY and do it by command line interface or e.g. Midnight Commander.

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Some ZFS features and terminology: FreeBSD ZFS Features and Terminology

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Quote from ducksama: “I read some docs on if I saw well, it allows other RAIDZ1 and RAIDZ2 equivalent to RAID5 or 6, is that it? ” Yes that is very similar. Quote from ducksama: “Because I thought I read that it was not possible to add discs directly to the pool? ” It´s different to classic RAID. It is possible to increase the capacity of a pool by adding a so called 'vdev'. A vdev can be a single disk up to a complex RAIDZ3 structure. E.g. if you have a pool with a RAIDZ2 vdev and you want to d…

cabrio_leo - - RAID

For such a big array I would not use classical mdadm RAID, because in case of a disk failure you have a very long resilvering time. Neither I would not use a hardware RAID because the OS has no control what is going behind the RAID controller. Your server supports ECC ram. Therefore it is predestinated for the use of ZFS. In your case I would try to activate the HBA-mode of the Smart Array P420 controller. The tool to do this is called "hpssacli", which is part of the HP service pack for Prolian…

• Latest OMV version 4.1.22 or 4.1.3

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from Shinobi: “because it is. 4.1.3 = 4.1.30 ” I believe that this is wrong. Quote from Shinobi: “another example... which is higher? 5.2(0) or 5.15? ” 5.2 < 5.15 5.20 > 5.15 5.2(0) ???

• ZFS new user and OMV-Backup

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from daxq: “2) Drive replacement - will there be steps used by the ZFS extra or just using zfs shell? 3) Same for managing snapshots etc with ZFS-the web interface seems like just enough to get the raid up, is the rest expected to be done via shell? ” There is a long zfs thread where all these topics are mentioned: [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV Quote from daxq: “3) Same for managing snapshots etc with ZFS-the web interface seems like just enough to get the raid up, is the rest…

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from Shinobi: “But 4.1.3 would mean a higher version number than 4.1.23 ” Did you read my first post? Why should be x.x.3 higher than x.x.23? Could you explain that?

cabrio_leo - - General

Version 4.1.3 is older than your 4.1.23. Maybe this is a misunderstanding? "4.1.23" does not mean "4.1.2.3". The version number is simply counted up. Newer versions have higher numbers. The newest version which you can download as iso file is 4.1.22.

• HP UPS T750 G2 is supported by the NUT plugin. But it is not rack mountable and has less power (only 750 VA). In principle every UPS which is supported by Network UPS Tools should work.

• Quote from meynti: “ich habe alle <share> gelöscht weil sie nicht gingen und ” Die Share-Verwaltung sollte man auschließlich über das WebUI erledigen. Deine Daten könntest du auch lokal über die Konsole sichern. Mit dem "Midnight Commander" z.B. ginge das auch recht einfach. Hier im Forum ist das mehrfach behandelt worden, wie dieser zu installieren ist. Da das WebUI nicht mehr funktioniert, müsstest du die zweite Platte für das Backup per CLI mounten. Oder ein Tool wie WinSCP verwenden und darü…

• Quote from meynti: “Hallo, nach einer manuellen Editierung von config.xml (blöde Idee) komm ich nicht mehr auf die Web GUI, ” Ist jetzt leider zu spät, aber man hätte vorher auch eine Kopie der Datei anfertigen können. Kannst du die Änderung nicht einfach rückgängig machen? Funktionieren deine Shares noch? Dann solltest du sicherheitshalber erst eine Sicherung deiner Daten durchführen, bevor weiter experimentiert wird.

• Questions about USB Backup ?

cabrio_leo - - Plugins

Cool! A post from 28th of Dezember 2014 will come alive again. Hopefully he has updated his OMV version 0.5.60 since then. No offense

• Quote from hugoh: “Aber sollte es ein System-RAID sein, unverzichtbar aus dem zusammenspiel von mtdblock's und HDD ” Hast du ein RAID für das Systemlaufwerk konfiguriert? Das wird ja so "out of the box" von OMV gar nicht unterstützt, soweit ich weiß.

• Please try to clear the browser cache.

• Because of no other replies I try to give some hints which you could check (I didn´t read your posts in-depth): - If you use the Plex plugin check the free space of your system drive. The Plex database is located on the system drive by default (/var/lib/plexmediaserver). - Try to free some space on /dev/sdd1. Some file systems get problems if the disk space is utilized almost completely. Maybe this link could be helpfull too: Missing space on boot drive... Gelöst OMV 4.x