Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from root2: “Oh, I can influence the (Linux) user IDs when creating/editing new users? I didn't know that (or at least did not notice it). ” No but if you create them in the same order, they should have the same user id. It is possible to change them from the command line as well. Quote from root2: “Or did you mean I just need to set up the same users (name, access rights and login credentials) as on the old box? ” name and access rights are important. credentials/password doesn't need to …

• Quote from root2: “Can I just simply plug the existing 1TB HDD into the Odroid HC-1, install OMV 4.x on a microSD card and configure everything with the data disk already connected and filled with data? ” Yes but plugin the disk after install OMV 4.x on the sd card and updating the OS. As long as you create the users with the same user IDs, you should be good. Otherwise, you may need to fix permissions on some files.

• Handbrake keeps crashing

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “Did a system reboot and it is still failing. ” Maybe try installing handbrake on the host and run it to see if it works.

• If you want 13 drives, what is the point of having a small motherboard? I've never seen a small case that holds 13 drives and even if it did, it would probably still fit a micro-atx board. If the micro-atx board doesn't have enough sata ports, there are a lot of good raid cards out there that run in IT mode.

• Quote from aaronmartin1651: “o you have a link you can share? ” omv-extras.org

• Testing OMV 5.5-1

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from gstpierre7: “got an OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response using the webgui ” This is a bug in OMV not omv-extras. It has been fixed but not released yet. Using the command line should work fine. Quote from gstpierre7: “I've read about the problem with the back ports. ” That is only an issue if you clicked the apt clean button. I have fixed that and put 5.0.3 in the repo.

• Portainer/Docker

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from gderf: “If you specify a Bind, Portainer will display a Host path box. You will have to know the fully qualified path and type it in by hand (or paste it in from the clipboard if you can get it into the clipboard). No selection drop-down list be be offered. ” If you create a new shared folder for each container, it is pretty easy - /sharedfolders/FOLDER_NAME. Or if you reuse a sharedfolder and create a sub-directory like TDL does in his videos, you just need to type /sharedfolders/FOL…

• Quote from rteo: “Do I have to restore grub some how? ” Boot a Debian Stretch iso and pick the repair option. It will have an option to fix grub.

• Quote from rteo: “but the OMV will not boot at all ” Any messages? All of your other output looks ok but we don't have boot messages or fsarchiver restore output.

• Portainer/Docker

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from mira67: “As Techno Dad says in the video , Portainer-Gui is more complicated than Docker-gui that we used with omv4. ” I disagree. It is different and has more features (that doesn't mean you have to use them). I started porting the plugin to OMV 5.x but no one wants to maintain or add features. So, if it was available on OMV 5.x, very few would switch to portainer which needs to be the long term goal.

• Quote from Shinobi: “The NAS was not crashing the last 3 days, but I noticed some error messages in the syslog this morning. Any idea what exactly they could mean? ” OMV's engine is segfaulting. Not good. Your system keeps running because monit restarts the engine. Have you ran memtest on this system? A php app typically should not segfault. Quote from Shinobi: “Also the rrdcached process has/had a problem starting up, when I restarted the NAS today. I can also provide the syslog if that helps. …

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

So, it is properly installed now. Does handbrake still fail? The system may need a reboot.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “I SSH in using terminal on my mac ” You did or you will?

• OMV vs Cockpit

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from jollyrogr: “I don't currently have another disk to add. I can add another disk image via virtmanager and then mount that in proxmox and utilize that storage. ” That is what I meant.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

There is something very wrong with how it is parsing that command. Can you login with putty or something not shellinabox?

• OMV 4 problems after install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Wumpus: “Didn't try proxmox yet ... it is 4.15, while I currently have 4.19 (with OMV 5.05) which is long-term maintenance. However lets see when I've got some time I might test that. ” The proxmox kernel on OMV 5.x is 5.0 (from proxmox 6.x).

• compose files aren't too bad. Other than using gross delays between starting containers or using health checks (more difficult than compose file), there really isn't a way.

• Quote from KM0201: “Yea I would like to keep this within portainer if possible. For some reason Everytime I mess with docker compose, things get screwed up. ” You can keep it in portainer in the stacks section.

• Quote from lefigue: “What I don't understand (and you'd be the person most likely to know I suppose) is why that file? There are 5 other '99' prefixed files in that directory? And, is there a straightforward way around it? ” I thought this fixed but I guess not. Just delete the file. You will have to re-delete it if you make any repo changes in the web interface though.

• Quote from henfri: “I would use docker-compose to set up the containers. That is made for just this purpose I know that this is not exactly what you were looking for (lacking GUI) though. ” Quote from KM0201: “Nextcloud is having a minor issue. ” docker-compose the way to go as henfri said AND you can use or create compose files in the portainer web interface. Just look in the Stacks section. stacks = compose files