Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 651.

• Hostname, FQDN and Active Directory join

donh - - General

Not using samba so take this with a grain of salt. Win ad is very dns dependent. What does nslookup (omv's ip) show. If it says not installed apt-get install dnsutils. It should show the name and what server provided it. Fix if required.

• Their are a few threads about connecting omv to active directory. Here is mine. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ You can always try it in a vm. If you give more details we might be able to give a better answer.

• Also be careful with names like *.com .net or other things that may resolve over the internet. Unless you are really good at dns and routing.

• Boot Clonezilla Once keeps booting

donh - - General

Did you remove the cd? A few more details might get you a better answer.

• Did you apt-get install qemu-guest-agent?

• Best guide to use Active Directory

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I wrote a script for windows in this thread. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ Read it first. Then try it in a vm.

• You can install proxmox on a minimal debian install. That way you can set the disks up the way you like. I think setting up omv in an lxd container would work but I wouldn't do it that way. If you try and it works fine let us know. I use zfs mirrors for important data. Remember mirrors are not backups.

• I run omv as a vm in proxmox. I don't use docker containers and only a few plugins. The omv uses very little system resources. It makes it easy to snapshot omv before an update and roll back if there is a problem. OMV makes sharing disks easy and proxmox makes it easy to increase the size of the virtual disks if needed or move them to a new disk. Try it you will like it. as for docker again I don't use that but proxmox does do lxd containers natively. They work fine.

• NTP Server for OMV

donh - - General

You should be able to add a time server option to your dhcp server. google.com/search?client=firef…q=dhcp+option+time+server Quote from R2D2: “Questions: Am I forced to activate smb for this? Looks like.. Is this time server option (in smb) a generic ntp server? (Important because there is not one windows client but many others) Where does it get the time from? From upstream ntp? From rtc? ” Create a feature request here. github.com/openmediavault/open…?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed It would make mor…

• Make your life easier, run OMV as a vm in proxmox.

• Samba Authenticate via LDAP (using SSSD)

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I am not sure if it requires kerberos or not. I have only done this on windows. There are other threads using realmd that you could look at too. google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sssd+openldap

• Samba Authenticate via LDAP (using SSSD)

donh - - CIFS/SMB

Here is how I do it for windows. I don't know if it will work for openldap. You might be able to get some ideas. Test in a vm. There are other posts too. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ "P.s. I'm happy to share how I got any of the above working bits to work should anyone be interested." I am sure others will be interested in this. Thanks

• With no details how you connected to ad or what version server, it is hard to guess what may help.

• Did you try a reboot?

• Quote from votdev: “Are you on 4.1.22? The mentioned error should be fixed since many versions. ” Maybe there is a way to show the OMV version in the error down the road?

• I don't pass threw disks to proxmox so I can't speak to performance. I manage the disks in proxmox because it gives more options. It's easy to increase the size and zfs is far more stable in proxmox if you want to use that. I am sure there are other advantages too.

• Why thakes it so much time for reboot?

donh - - General

Try this on the cli. systemd-analyze blame 47.264s networking.service 2.818s sssd.service 2.024s dev-sda1.device 1.588s apt-daily.service 1.530s php7.0-fpm.service 1.331s openmediavault-engined.service 1.293s apt-daily-upgrade.service 1.268s nginx.service 1.069s openmediavault-issue.service 898ms smbd.service 895ms collectd.service 794ms keyboard-setup.service 755ms xinetd.service 724ms ssh.service 694ms systemd-user-sessions.service 679ms quota.service 634ms snmpd.service 574ms rrdcached.servic…

• Why thakes it so much time for reboot?

donh - - General

What version of OMV?

• Dumb question. Is OMV time synced the 2008 server?

• OS disk out of space - what to do?

donh - - General

How many older kernels are on your system? dpkg -l | grep linux-image | grep ii If you see more than two you can remove those and save 30M+ each. Most debian systems remove older kernels keeping the latest two or three. apt-get autoremove Unfortunately OMV does not do this. You have remove them yourself. I had a feature request to have OMV do this but but it was closed. github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/299 Anyway if you are using more than 8GB you have something wrong as KM0201 sa…