Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• How to access installation drive?

subzero79 - - General

So once you unlock the disks and mount them you won’t see the files any more that are underneath. You have to unmount the partitions and clean the folders underneath. Reboot and don’t unlock the disks, use sftp or winscp to copy the files.

• Yeah I don’t recall why we placed two overrides there github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…d/system/docker.service.d I think when we introduced the usage of daemon.json forgot to delete the other override. Only one should stay one with no arguments.

• The systemd unit you altered maybe, dockerd iirc runs with no argument using an override from the plugin package. Also the plugin needs Unix socket otherwise won’t work, the plugin should append anyway the Unix socket host.

• Use the /etc/docker/daemon.json file. I created the script so it wouldn’t overwrite user custom options. Don’t alter the systemd options.

• I am talking about cert generation, not accessing the remote server. Challenge dns doesn’t require port forward.

• There is no need to port forward. Even better there is no need even to point the exact domain you want the cert to the ip server you want. Just get api credentials for cloudflare configure traefik and that’s it. It will even renew on the background before expiry.

• Yes sorry I forgot who opened the thread didn’t look to the top.

• Quote from Morlan: “the duckdns validation also gives you a wildcard certificate and I've seen it work well. Do you have the duckdns docker up and running and is it pointing to you ip? When yes, can you post a screenshot of your environmental variables? You can obscure the sensitive infos (email, duckdns-token). ” I don’t have duckdns I bought a custom domain. I can post it later and no need to even point to the IP address dns challenge requires only to set txt records via api. If duckdns can’t …

• Buy your custom domain sometimes as cheap as 4 dollars. Set up the ns pointing to cloudflare(you can register one domain for free), and use traefik with dns challenge with the cloudflare api token. You get even a wildcard cert without port forwarding by lets encrypt You can also use google cloud dns, they give you like 300 dollars in credit for one year.

• Problems after upgrading to PHP7.3

subzero79 - - General

No one at this point is gonna come with a patch of omv backend to work with both php versions assuming that’s the way to correct it. V5 is to be released very soon, v4 is gonna get archived 6 months after v5 release. The guide maybe at the time of published required only default php. Core dependencies are not to be touched. I’ll update or hide that thread guide. in the present days of docker and lxc is pointless the effort to install nextcloud that way. Reading the guide it says for omv2 , way o…

• Problems after upgrading to PHP7.3

subzero79 - - General

Omv is tight to whatever version Debian ships with. Can you revert your changes back to the Debian php?. That’s why docker exists, to avoid this kind of problem.

• The remote mount plugin creates a fstab entry that’s it. I will also try to mount it as soon as you save the entry. The plugin doesn’t provide a daemon on the background or use rtc sorcery to wake up your server. How does the wake up of the server work? Wakeonlan? I know that Kodi can wake servers as they request a remote path using wol. Have you run a tcpdump on your router to watch for wol magic packets?

• Encryption - automatic unlock?

subzero79 - - General

Quote from boombuia: “hello, The idea is to prevent access to personal information in case of a theft. Even if the drive is automatically unlocked, you would still need to login to the NAS to get access to the files, right? and if the drive is removed from the case, it would be encrypted. So I will look into crypttab for this purpose, thanks for the pointer. But perhaps I need to learn how others are dealing with drive encryption, as there might be an easier way for my use case. I am planning to…

• Encryption - automatic unlock?

subzero79 - - General

Look also at the crypttab documentation where you can add your text file keys and map them to each encrypted volume so they will unlock during boot.

• You can use the omv backend commands omv-mkconf, omv-rpc and omv-confdbadm. You need to script this in bash probably to put it in the cron job

• As mentioned before this shouldn’t happen. As from omv4. So unless there was an 3->4 upgrade could’ve been from ethx to enpXsX, but once it has predictable name shouldn’t change back unless you force it with udev. I would test again. But if by any chance keeps happening make a udev configuration to have the nic a static name. Check the web full of examples for this.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

subzero79 - - Plugins

Quote from gderf: “Thanks. Portainer SERIOUSLY needs file browser capability so that you can navigate to and select a directory. ” problem is portainer runs most commonly inside a container so is pretty much useless to browse inside unless you pass a path, but it would need some sort of remapping

• you have also an option to connect the container to a network, in the network grid.

• But...look at the error is from docker. What happens if you select none as network and add your extra arg?

• That’s because docker update their run options. The error is from docker, not allowing default mixed with custom network. This is docker v19 right?