Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• OK, with a few more details, can I assume that you're using Armbian? If so, Armbian has a menu driven software installer that (I believe) includes Openmediavault as 3rd party software. (I think it's under the "Softy" menu selection.) Have you tired that? On the CLI, sudo armbian-config _____________________________________________ I just notice the full title of this thread. Sorry, initially I missed "Armbian".

• Would you be interested in a fully integrated installation ISO that includes Debian 9 and OMV? -> ISO. (Otherwise) __________________________________________________________ Apt-get doesn't work (correctly) Install Debian 9 as you did before. Install Debian 9 net install version, preferably without all the extra software. Note that installing OMV would be easier with the SSH server installed, so install SSH server. You'll also need an SSH client, like PuTTY. Install Putty on a Windows client and…

• Local DNS, DHCP

crashtest - - Network

So, you have a hybrid setup. Since there's no way to know for sure what the impact would be with a static address, to keep everything functional, it might be best to setup a permanent DHCP lease at your router. On the CLI, you can find the interface MAC address using ip addr. With that,you'll be able to set up the static lease at your router, which is the functional equivalent of assigning a static IP address to the workstation.

• Local DNS, DHCP

crashtest - - Network

Quote from GuyFromMars: “need help figuring out why my OMV setup wont let me acess Network interfaces or set them up. ” Are you running an SBC? If you are, do you use a wired connection to your network?

• Take a look at this thread, for setting up remote mount and an Rsync job. The only difference between a push or a pull is the source and destination.

• 3,5" HDD don't have power (seems)

crashtest - - General

There should be two voltages 5V and 12V. If the power supply is for 12V only, I'm guessing your adapter is passing 5V through from the USB interface. Quote from RPi: “Is lack of power? The adaptor is rated for 12V 2A and the HDD shouldn't need so much. ” 12V @ 2A is enough, even for start up current surge, but that's not really the question. If the setup won't work with either the R-PI4 or the Laptop, something is wrong with the adapter or the hard drive. There's no way to know for sure which on…

• 3,5" HDD don't have power (seems)

crashtest - - General

Quote from RPi: “I've connected the 3,5" HDD by a powered adapter (2A 12V) to the USB3 port. ” Have you tried your adapter, power supply and hard drive with another PC? Maybe a Windows PC or a Laptop? You wouldn't have to format it - just see if it shows up.

• OMV install on USB2.0 or HDD SATA?

crashtest - - General

Quote from geaves: “Quote from RS1: “I've decided to buy a couple of USB3 flash sandisk ultra drives. ” I use USB flash drives, 3 in total, one for master and two rotate on a monthly basis. ” The same here, but I don't rotate the working drives as often. (However, the net effect is roughly the same.) _______________________________________________ Quote from RS1: “only getting some good quality flash drives in the hope to prolong its life. Time will tell! ” The larger the drive, the longer they …

• can't apply changes to my omv

crashtest - - General

Unfortunately, I don't have anything for you, other than to suggest trying to remove the mySQL plugin to see what happens. If that works, then try reinstalling the plugin. Of course if your SSD is old, it's a suspect. You might consider looking its' SMART attributes, to see how they look. From there, once you know the OEM of your SSD, you might consider visiting the OEM's website for more info. In some cases OEM's offer free bootable utilities to examine their own drives. For SSD's consider the …

• can't apply changes to my omv

crashtest - - General

What are you using as a boot drive? If you build a flash media boot drive, after the rebuild, I'd clone the boot drive before updating so you'll be able to back out of a bad update. Also, what platform are you using? ARM or X86?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from crashtest: “Almost every conceivable server add-on, other than an actual hypervisor, is available as a Docker. ” Actually, you can run qemu/kvm inside docker ” Something seems "eerily" familiar about a comment like that. I was thinking of a type 1 hypervisor like Proxmox or ESXi, but I suppose KVM crosses the type 1 line as well.

• Quote from danzirulez: “1. Actually I don't think UnionFS is that important. Mostly convenience... Perfectly happy with multiple shares as long as I can keep my data safe - be it the important files or just movies. And then safety would be taken care of by SnapRaid. 2. Docker in itself is a huge plus comparing OMV to XigmaNAS. ” 1. I agree with you here. It's just not that much trouble to spread network shares over a few disks. But note that data safety doesn't get much better than it is with a …

• You could keep the zmirror, but I wouldn't put it in a UnionFS pool. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I don't know, but I wouldn't do it. ZFS is fine on it's own but when it comes to adding volume management over top of a zpool, which already has integrated volume management, it just doesn't seem like a good idea. Also, SNAPRAID is best used with a simple file system like EXT4 or XFS. ___________________________________________________________ The reason why I asked about files and sizes: A lot …

• When it comes to SBC's there are only a few things to go wrong - ranked in order of probability: SD-card , first on the list. (Get a new one and a good one, like SANDISK. No generics.) Power Problems - for R-PI's it's usually due a long USB cable with thin wires and/or a weak supply. (I didn't see any indication of undervoltage in dmesg) Peripheral Hardware (With exceptions for known good chip sets, USB to SATA bridges are suspect.) The R-PI itself (Fairly rare.) ________________________________…

• Quote from danzirulez: “And also I hear that USB pendrive is not best practice to have the system on. ” There is nothing wrong with using USB thumbdrives as a boot drive. I'm been using them on two different boxes, for years, and haven't had a failure yet. (I've been using 16 and 32GB drives - preferably USB3). The only requirement is installing the flashmemory plugin, for longer drive life. On the other hand, if you want to use external disks or an SSD, there's nothing wrong with that either. Q…

• Clone Micro SD card fails

crashtest - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from Thomas126: “Best would be if possible in Windows... ” There's an SD-card cloning process in this -> guide, starting on page 76, that works in Windows. (Page 75 may be worth a read.) But this process goes from card, to image file, to another card, to create a clone. Using a DD image as the source won't work.

• I don't use it, but, Nextcloud has provisions for setting up shares and sync'ing between devices. PC clients (Windows, Mac, Linux), tablets, phones (apple, andriod), etc. The same can be done with OMV, but there might be a bit more work in it.

• OMV vs Cockpit

crashtest - - General

Quote from jollyrogr: “I'm running pi-hole in a VM as well - in vbox within OMV. I was thinking i'd like to move it to an actual rpi at some point ” Diet-PI does good job of running Pi-hole on an R-PI, and it installs from their software installer. And Pi-hole will run fine, get this, on an R-PI2. You might even be able to shoehorn another useful server process into the works. I ran that for awhile, but had some issues with old and well used SD-cards. I need to set that up again. If I'm not mist…

• Plex and OMV

crashtest - - General

First, if your Docker containers are on your boot drive (the default location), uncheck anything you have set in User/Group permissions and use Extra Options only. _______________________________________________ How about your other regular shares? Any problems there? And when you access content with Plex GUI, is that working?

• Plex and OMV

crashtest - - General

There are no Gods here. (But we did have someone who was, arguably, from the bad place. ) You've set "privileges". This is not file and folder permissions. (I know this is confusing.) You need to use the "ACL" button. There you'll find two fields - Extra Options and User/Group permissions (in OMV3 and 4). Extra options are traditional Linux permissions - where User/Group permissions are ACL's. If Docker containers are running from the default location, the boot drive, only traditional Linux perm…