Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• I'm guessing you installed a newer version of docker-ce that is too new for the plugin. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|docker"

• Why should you use or not use dockers

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from henfri: “For Wireguard one does not need docker, I would say. ” When adding the unstable repo to the system and using packages from it (even if pinning), I prefer doing that in a docker. Quote from henfri: “But a UI would be nice. ” What would you configure in the UI? Quote from henfri: “Did you see my script on wireguard on OMV? ” Yes, I saw the script.

• Multiple USB 3 drives on a Pi 4

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from riprazor: “Hi Ryecoaaron. I just checked under File System and yes to both. They are ntfs and both have the label "Seagate Backup Plus Drive". I assume that is the problem? Not sure how I change the label. Appreciate the guidance. I can slap them back onto a Window 10 system and change the label there I believe. ” While I wouldn't use ntfs at all, changing the labels should solve your problem. Try to convert the disks to a native linux filesystem though.

• Software Raid Options ?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from mroz: “Is there any gain in proformance ? ” No. It performs the same as a single drive but you save a lot of energy and you only lose files on the drive if a drive fails (without snapraid and/or backup anyway).

• Software Raid Options ?

ryecoaaron - - General

Why do you need raid?

• Multiple USB 3 drives on a Pi 4

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from riprazor: “it appears to see them as two identical drives. ” Are they both ntfs drives with the same label?

• Quote from David B: “What has changed between OMV 4 and OMV 5 that makes plugin reworking necessary? ” Moving from omv-mkconf to omv-salt. The problem with the openvpn plugin is that the mkconf part of the plugin is the most complicated part of the plugin and it isn't going to be easy to translate it to jinja/salt. Maybe you should look into using wireguard and docker?

• Handbrake keeps crashing

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “is there anyway to assign each share to a different ip address? ” I don't think so. The hosts allow setting is a global setting for samba.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “All my MAC (the client) was doing was connecting to the machine nothing else. ” There should be no load then. Not sure what is causing that.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “As its using 80% of CPU to connect with one other machine and send data. ” So, that isn't while you are transferring files? Is the client running a virus scan on the share?

• Quote from David B: “how compatible are OMV4 plugins with 5? ” They aren't. That is why they are being ported. Here is the post I keep updated with the porting status - forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=186122#post186122

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “Is there anyway to limit this or is this just how OMV works ” That seems high for that cpu. I can't think of an easy way to limit samba. Is it causing a problem?

• Quote from jodumont: “because in the list nginx and mysql apps will be ported to docker ” They won't be "ported" to docker. You just use portainer or cockpit to install one of the many images available from docker hub. Quote from jodumont: “o replace openmediavault-shellinabox you could suggest github.com/linuxserver/docker-taisun ” Cockpit has a terminal that works better than shellinabox and you can install it from omvextras now. Quote from jodumont: “o OMV will become a real NAS ” Never heard…

• Portainer

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from geaves: “I was looking more at the KIS principle, ” I just pushed omv-extras 5.0.4 to the repo and now you can select if you want portainer and/or cockpit. Quote from geaves: “But I thought about Cockpit in regards to VM installs as well instead of VB, but there is one caveat to that ” omv-extras pins the cockpit packages from the backports repo. So, if you have backports enabled, you will get the cockpit 199 packages.

• Portainer

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from geaves: “why not use Cockpit, ” It also doesn't have as many features. That said, I guess I could add a button to install Cockpit.

• Quote from jodumont: “Would you use NGINX and Mysql directly on OMV than add Docker user inside nginx group like we do with PHP-FPM pool ? ” I don't really understand that question but I would definitely use nginx and mysql in dockers. Quote from jodumont: “Do OMV team will keep nginx and mysql in the future or relay everything to Docker ? ” OMV team? It is really just me working on omv-extras plugins. This post should help - forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=186122#post186122

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “Just to confirm I have done that multiple times ” Well, if that is working, I don't know why your other setup is not working. I added handbrake and handbrake-cli to this dockerfile and it works great.

• Quote from root2: “Oh, I can influence the (Linux) user IDs when creating/editing new users? I didn't know that (or at least did not notice it). ” No but if you create them in the same order, they should have the same user id. It is possible to change them from the command line as well. Quote from root2: “Or did you mean I just need to set up the same users (name, access rights and login credentials) as on the old box? ” name and access rights are important. credentials/password doesn't need to …

• Quote from root2: “Can I just simply plug the existing 1TB HDD into the Odroid HC-1, install OMV 4.x on a microSD card and configure everything with the data disk already connected and filled with data? ” Yes but plugin the disk after install OMV 4.x on the sd card and updating the OS. As long as you create the users with the same user IDs, you should be good. Otherwise, you may need to fix permissions on some files.

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from table681: “Did a system reboot and it is still failing. ” Maybe try installing handbrake on the host and run it to see if it works.