Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

• Backing up USB Installation

djismgaming - - General

For the system I would use Clonezilla, its deployed as a boot option following OMVExtras install. Home > OMV Extras > Kernel > Clonezilla Backs up the system with boot loader and everything to another drive or an image.

• I use this config with the linuxserver/letsencrypt docker container: this goes under /config/nginx/proxy-confs inside the container using port 8080 (80 is used by PiHole) for OMV, change accordingly Source Code (17 lines)

• You have some options for direct machine to machine without USB related solutions. A Gbit connection will help a lot for that size of data. Will take some time though. GUI: You can use an SMB connection, using the Remote Desktop plugin in one of the machines. Connect as a normal desktop and start the transfer from one to the other using shared folders on each one. No GUI: Use rsync to sync all directories from one machine to the other over the network. (This one should work great for machine to …

• error after docker update in OMV

djismgaming - - Network

Indeed, I have not installed the new docker-ce package because of this. when using apt upgrade it kept back the upgrade of docker. Upon trying to update via apt install docker-ce it wants to remove openmediavault-docker-gui package. Will not update docker at this time. Will wait for more info. Though I use portainer for managing and docker-compose for configuration/managing too.

• Site Hosting Best Practices

djismgaming - - General

For instance, I have all my apps (sonarr, plex, radarr, etc) running on dockers, then an instance of linuxserver/letsencrypt on port 443 from outside serving as reverse proxy for all the apps and even the OMV web GUI. You can have an unlimited amount of nginx containers running, each giving access to a single website and reverse all of them from the single linuxserver/letsencrypt container.

• Just saw the commit for the change to get rid of the issue with "bucket size" github.com/linuxserver/docker-…5835618c21838f4ddc45dd91a

• Just tried something. And no error this time. If you are using the linuxserver/letsencrypt image for your container, this image rewrites any config file it stored on the /config directory upon container start. You just need to delete a file inside that directory (no user-edited files) and it rewrites a new copy with default settings on container start. I got into where I have configured the /config directory from the container and deleted Source Code (1 line) You have to find where did you confi…

• I've seen this 502 error. Normally signals that the nginx server can't find the URL used for the reverse proxy. Could you post your Sonarr and Radarr reverse proxy configs? Let us know also if you are running these services using docker or directly installed on the machine. Got to your post looking on the web for the same "bucket size" error. Haven't found anything on it but despite the error, all my reverse proxies are working nice.

• Slow E350 system with Dockers

djismgaming - - General

Quote from BzRtY: “thank you, It was not easy to get the docker running but here it is! IS there a kind of settings menu in the webgui for glances?” The settings of glances are set on a configuration file or on the command itself but there are also interactive settings. See here: glances.readthedocs.io/en/stab…html#interactive-commands

djismgaming - - General

Exactly. Swapping a lot. You see the red bars and the log indicate this diagnosis. Critical CPU-iowait which means the CPU is waiting for the writing/reading to finish to do more job. I think as per your needs, that idea of the new board should be a better bet. As you can see you have 5+GB in use on RAM and same amount in the SWAP. If you are going to stay on this one or upgrade it to 8GB, some memory management will be needed.

• My OMVNUC Nas

djismgaming - - My NAS Build

Quote from djismgaming: “Quote from ottoking: “Maybe a little off-topic but another way to display containers: ctop” Looks nice! Will try it out and add it to the diagnosis arsenal. ” Really like ctop to specifically look at docker containers behavior. Really good and clean interface! eee0ec4f60259ca8fded92b740d45ee9.jpg

• My OMVNUC Nas

Quote from ottoking: “Maybe a little off-topic but another way to display containers: ctop” Looks nice! Will try it out and add it to the diagnosis arsenal.

• My OMVNUC Nas

Better display using Apache Guacamole (with and without docker containers):

djismgaming - - General

As you can see on this screenshot, my sonarr container is eating RAM as an unchained child 3.28 GB to be exact! (screenshot using Guacamole for better display)

• My OMVNUC Nas

Just as some info for this build, just took this screenshot of the Bevy using glances. Windows 10 VM not running at the moment mind you. (using Termius SSH client on iOS)

djismgaming - - General

Example of screen on iOS with Termius SSH client.

djismgaming - - General

Check your SWAP usage. You may be swapping a lot to disk because of ram constraints. Glances will let you know what very easily. It shows an alert log of things like swap usage, memory usage, cpu-io wait (storage bandwidth constraints) and more in plain english

djismgaming - - General

install pip3 using sudo apt install pip3 then pip install glances also to activate the docker status view of glances you need to install docker-py for Glances to communicate with docker in the host: pip install docker Installing Glances using pip3 because the one included in the Debian Stable repositories is an older version which will have no support for docker and showing docker containers status/ram/cpu usage. Glances also comes as a docker image: hub.docker.com/r/nicolargo/glances/

djismgaming - - General

You can install glances to take a look at containers and host status in one single screen. Lot of info to diagnose what is happening.