Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• Okay, thanks. I thought maybe there was a better way. The webUI doesn't always seem to work as its supposed to. I tend to get a lot of errors and some files don't transfer. I'll try with the client.

• I recently installed OMV and Nextcloud. Thanks to the help from this forum, I now have it running the proper backup and am trying to transfer all of my photos from google (about 150gb worth) to a Nextcloud folder. I have downloaded all the files and now need to transfer them to Nextcloud. What is the best way to do this? Would Rsync be a good option? If so, what is the best way to figure out the correct folder path on Nextcloud?

• Backing up USB Installation

shockwave - - General

I deleted all SMB shares and then all associated folders. Its still not allowing me to delete the array in raid. I figured it out. I needed to unmount the raid in the File System and then I was able to delete it. Thank you for your help. Now to setup Rsync.

shockwave - - General

I removed one of the drives from the raid, reformatted it and restored data to it. When I go back to Raid however, I am unable to remove or delete it. Can I just wipe it under discs and then create a new file system for it. Once this is done will it disappear from Raid?

shockwave - - General

Quote from geaves: “Quote from crashtest: “would chime in with a safe way to break the RAID1 set. ” There isn't, none that I know of, you would need to rsync your files to the external, then break apart the array (this can be done in the gui) wipe both drives and start again. To begin, rsync back to one drive and set up your shares as the folder structure will be in place on the drive, then rsync to the second drive. Then set up a scheduled job for rsync from drive 1 to drive 2 in after hours, u…

shockwave - - General

Quote from macom: “ the setting is called -icds It is used to enable/disable checking the size of the target drive before starting the clone process. Worked always for me, but others had issue with it. ” Thank you. This worked for me. I was able to make two copies of the os and then changed the settings for the USB plugin. I am almost ready to seperate the two drives in the raid1. I was going to do one more rsync, but it seems the brand new Seagate drive I was backing up to has died. The disk tu…

shockwave - - General

No go on closing the USB drive holding the OS. Apparently the 2 new 32GB drives I purchased are slightly smaller than the current 32GB drive. Is there a way to make this work, or should I just scrap the current USB and install on one of the new ones? That would allow me to have 2 backups (one I am currently using, and the one of the ones I just purchased)

shockwave - - General

Quote from geaves: “you could try rm -r dev-disk-by-label-Raid1 from the command line ” This is what I eventually did. When I installed OMV I decided to avoid the root account so logging in with root wasn't an option for me. Now that the files are deleted, I will install Clonezilla and try to clone the USB that holds the OS.

shockwave - - General

I am getting a lot of permission denied when I try to delete the file. This may be because I don't have a root account. Is there a way to run sudo within filezilla?

shockwave - - General

This is the list Source Code (28 lines)

shockwave - - General

Sorry, I think my wording may have been kind of confusing. In the OS drive, I have a folder titled "dev-disk-by-label-Raid1". That is the one I can delete correct? It is about 12GB or so (probably about the size of what was accidentally copied there). All the same folders also show up in the shared folders directory which is the same 366GB that is one that drive.

shockwave - - General

Thank you. I got it to work. I realized that I was putting in the wrong port number-the one for ftp instead of ssh. Once I changed that it worked. Looking at the folders that were supplied earlier, shared folders seems to be there. I also have "dev-disk-by-label-Raid1" which contains all those same folders again that are in shared folders. Considering I keep all the shared folders on Raid1, which of those folders shouldn't be there?

shockwave - - General

I installed Filezilla on my computer (laptop) and tried to connect. So far it isn't working. Is there anything special I need to change. I enabled access of ftp and left it on port 21. I get the following error: Source Code (5 lines)I am running a VPN on this computer, but that hasn't caused an issue with anything else I have done.

shockwave - - General

Quote from geaves: “Quote from shockwave: “/srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-Seagate_Ultra_Slim_MT_NA95j42B-0-0part1/ ” This is wrong, it should be using the same as the source the drive hasn't been set up correctly for OMV, un mount it, go back to disks and wipe it using quick wipe, back to file systems, create, select the drive give a label then format.I've just tested this with an external USB giving it a label USB, and the mount is /srv/dev-disk-by-label-USB ” After doing this, I was able to do the ba…

shockwave - - General

Thank you for the awesome instructions. I was able to figure it out and run the scheduling, but I don't think it has finished successfully, yet. I get a long error list each time. I am running it again at the moment. I decided to make this backup before I did the OS backup so unfortunately, I don't have a backup for the OS yet. If I am unable to get everything working I may chalk it up to gaining experience and reinstall. At the moment, I only have Nextcloud and Jellyfin installed. They should b…

shockwave - - General

The reason I chose to use Raid 1 was because I thought that was like having a backup. It appears I was mistaken. I will run Rsync to backup to the external drive and then separate the two drives. Will there be any issue with my docker programs once I put the info back? Will I need to change anything? I will also edit the USB plugin to finish optimizations. Thank you to everyone for all the information and help. I want to make sure this is running right and that my data is safe more than anything…

shockwave - - General

Quote from crashtest: “I think a few of the methods you're looking for is in this guide under OS and Data backup. I clone my USB boot drives, per the guide, in an offline process. It's simple and works well. There's also an OMV plugin for backing up the boot drive. If you're looking for backup, I wouldn't use a mirror. Rsync is better than a mirror. BTW: Since you're using a flash drive to boot, if you haven't done it already, you really need to install the flashmemory plugin. (Otherwise, the li…

shockwave - - General

Quote from crashtest: “I think a few of the methods you're looking for is in this guide under OS and Data backup. I clone my USB boot drives, per the guide, in an offline process. It's simple and works well. There's also an OMV plugin for backing up the boot drive. If you're looking for backup, I wouldn't use a mirror. Rsync is better than a mirror. BTW: Since you're using a flash drive to boot, if you haven't done it already, you really need to install the flashmemory plugin. (Otherwise, the li…

shockwave - - General

Thank you. I will take a look at Clonezilla. I installed the flash plugin. I already setup my drives as a mirror (raid 1). Is it possible to change it to Rsync without losing all the data? What makes it better?

shockwave - - General

After quite a bit of research, I decided that OMV was an ideal solution for running my server. It has been running for about 1 week and so far I really like it. I installed OMV 4 onto a USB Flash drive (32gb) as that was the best option for my system due to power limitations and not purchasing additional hard drives. I have purchased 2 additional 32gb usb flash drives as backups. What is the best way to create backups of the system? This is just a home server, so if need be, I can shutdown the s…