Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 171.

• Quote from KM0201: “but I don't think it's as easy as just copy/pasting them ” I think I tried that once, and you are correct. It doesn't work. Install the Nextcloud client on your PC and add them that way.

• Quote from KM0201: “Note the -e VERSION=docker variable ” The docker setting description reads: "This is the same as leaving this setting out of your create command." So you would not want to use that one if you wanted "restart" updates. Latest implies that you will be upgraded with the latest "bleeding edge" version "you are entitled to." So is it correct to assume you would want to use the public variable for VERSION? I don't remember anything like this included in the [How-To] video. I've rea…

• Portainer Pihole installation

Agricola - - General

Just stumbled onto this article that specifically deals with installing Pi-hole using Portainer. I haven’t read it yet but the title looks promising. I intend to do so when I get a spare moment.

• Rsnapshot backup with remote-mount

Agricola - - Plugins

Quote from neoal83: “@ryecoaaron sorry for reposting stuff, but the forum gives me an error after posting smth and it says contact administrators ” Next time you get one of those errors just refresh your page and you will see that your message has posted after all. I made the same mistake numerous times the first six months I was on the forum.

• Portainer Pihole installation

Agricola - - General

This Guide may be of some help if you can translate Docker into Portainer.

• Backing up USB Installation

Agricola - - General

Quote from Morlan: “@Agricola Setting up Rsnapshot is nearly the same as setting up rsync. It requires some time to set it up initially but because it is basically running on rsync it's not much harder. ” That's exactly what I was thinking. I just need an extra drive to try it out. I am in the process of moving my main server over from an Odroid HC2 to a NanoPi M4 so now I will have a use for one of the two unused sata connections. Quote from Morlan: “You can also trigger the backup manually if …

Agricola - - General

Quote from crashtest: “But restoring from that kind of backup involves getting on the command line which is difficult for some users. AFIK, it can't be done from the GUI. ” @crashtest So Rsnapshot is best for restoring media accidentally deleted. Since it looks doable at my skill level I may still set up an extra drive on my main server just for Rsnapshot of my Media folder. I edit and transcode my Plex files manually and that is where I would most likely accidentally delete the wrong file. I ha…

Agricola - - General

I don’t want this to sideline @shockwave’s question. Hopefully it will wind up helping us both. @crashtest In your Guide at about page 67 you show how to repoint shares to a rsync’ed drive. It works. I’ve done it. Love it. Two questions: 1. How often should you backup? 2. You warn to turn off automatic Rsync in the event of a failing or failed data drive. If you set it up for a daily backup at 2a.m., for instance, and your data drive dies one night at 1a.m., does the scheduled Rsync run and if s…

• OMV5 setup notifications don't work

Agricola - - General

Now if I just knew what the messages meant. (Hidden Content)

Agricola - - General

Well, I'll be blessed. On a whim I changed the port setting to 587 and it worked like a charm. AT&T plainly specifies port 465 and I have four OMV4 machines currently running notifications that way. Thanks for poking me a bit to help get me there.

Agricola - - General

Not much to see. I have obfuscated my user name and emails. Like you I copied my omv4 settings. Just before posting this, I switched to gmail smtp and no different. forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a

Agricola - - General

I am having a similar problem on OMV5, both on an Nanopi M4 and a Odroid H2. In my case the save is accepted. I just don't receive a test email. I have a main and a backup email listed and nothing comes to either email. I have done this numerous times on OMV4 installs without any issues. This is my syslog: Source Code (6 lines)

• Plex Hardware Transcoding Docker

Agricola - - General

See page 11 of this User's Guide. It may be of some help to get you started.

• OMV with RPi3B+

Agricola - - Motherboards

Quote from Inyahin: “1. can i run pi-hole on OMV ? 2. is the pi3B+ up to the job? I'm not so worried about performance, so long as it can stream standard def mp4 files I'm happy (1gb/hour) What i do care about is not loosing data. 3. what's the best file format for data integrity? (fat32/ntfs/ext3) ” 1. Yes you can, but there are several ways, inside and independent of OMV. @crashtest has a guide on installing Pi-hole. 2. Reserve the Raspberry for just Pi-hole and get an Odroid hc2 for a solid l…

• OMV with RPi3B+

Agricola - - Motherboards

Quote from Inyahin: “1. can i run pi-hole on OMV ? 2. is the pi3B+ up to the job? I'm not so worried about performance, so long as it can stream standard def mp4 files I'm happy (1gb/hour) What i do care about is not loosing data. 3. what's the best file format for data integrity? (fat32/ntfs/ext3) ” 1. Yes you can, but there are several ways, inside and independent of OMV. @crashtest has a guide on installing Pi-hole. 2. Reserve the Raspberry for just Pi-hole and get an Odroid hc2 for a solid l…

• Replacing Qnap TVS-673

Agricola - - My NAS Build

Maybe someone else will weigh in. That’s out of my league. My servers are mostly Arm boards with the exception of one old hp desktop with a 2.5 GHz dual core Pentium. Hardly a power horse. It uses too much power to be “just a server” but not enough to be a Plex beast. I do all my transcoding with Handbrake on an i7 Hackintosh. Good luck.

• Replacing Qnap TVS-673

Agricola - - My NAS Build

There is one other branch: Arm based boards (You did mention low power.) But with Plex comes transcoding which requires muscle. It can be done low-power by transcoding off server. It depends on what you want to do with Plex. This link may be of some help. Page 11 of the PDF user’s guide “Getting Started” reads: “Plex, a popular media server, recommends at least 2000 on the CPU's PassMark score for each concurrent 1080p transcoded stream. (See the advice article here) If NAS administrators have a…

• Point taken. I wasn’t thinking about something like Nextcloud. I try to keep it as current as possible.

• Quote from crashtest: “Since I don't use Watchtower, when I see "update available" in a Docker container, I tend to look at the app's web site to see if there's anything in the update that I'm interested in. If there's nothing new, I ignore it. In any case, I tend to ignore minor version updates and only update Dockers once or twice a year. ” Good advice. Basically, if it is not broken, don't fix it. I read somewhere in the forums horror stories of turning Watchtower loose on your containers. I …

• Piwigo

Agricola - - Docker

I figured it out. Not really hard at all. It's not so feature rich as piwigo, but it does have a slideshow. It cannot handle raw files. It still might be useful. Nextcloud has a built in photo gallery that has a slideshow feature, but it does not recognize raw files. Plex has a simple photo slideshow, but only on its web gui server and none of the client apps. It does recognize raw files.