Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• flashmemory is a plugin for OMV. If you want to use flash media as a boot drive, the flashmemory plugin needs to be installed after OMV is up and running. If it's not installed, thumbdrives and SD-cards die early. They won't last long. Installing OMV-Extras is required, before the flashmemory plugin is visible. What is your native language?

• Quote from .H.: “did you have another links ? For a good version ? ” Is there a reason why you can't use the integrated Debian/OMV iso? Also, I read in earlier posts that you're "killing USB drives". After the installation is complete, are you installing the flashmemory plugin?

• Problem with permission inheritance

crashtest - - General

Dockers can create permissions issues as well. I'm not sure how you set them up but some of them require PUID and PGID settings that match a regular user and your "users" group. As an example, look at the configuration details for this deluge Docker. Scroll down to parameters and take a look. Then go farther down to the explanation of User / Group identifiers. I'm speculating, but you may not have these settings (PUID and PGID) set correctly. BTW: linuxserver.io Dockers are recommended. When con…

• impossible to install OMV from debian

crashtest - - General

Quote from .H.: “did you have another links ? For a good version ? ” If the ISO passes an MD5 hash, it's good. With an exception for the SSH server, I wouldn't install any additional software. Also, you might want to check the health and condition (SMART stat's) of the drive you're installing to.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “So, I see a Linux system in the picture but it is also loading desktop evironment stuff. ” It certainly didn't look like the garden variety Debian 10 Net Install. ______________________________________________________ @.H. maybe you'd consider trying the Net Install version of Debian 10?

• Are you sure you're installing Debian? The messages are referencing Avahi and OpenBSD. Both are BSD related. Are you using, maybe, the wrong CD/DVD/Thumbdrive?

crashtest - - General

If you have "weird" permissions I have to ask, what is depositing the files in the data storage location? You said "downloaded" to the server, is this by a downloader program or a Docker? ______________________________ Take a look at the "Reset Perms" plugin, in OMVExtra's. It can clear out stubborn and weird permissions issues.

crashtest - - General

(Sorry I didn't reply sooner.) If you don't care about access control, where any user on the network can access, add or delete network share files, don't use ACL's. Use what is called "Extra Options". (Actually this is traditional Linux file and folder permissions.) Look at the following: Uncheck all boxes in the "User/Group permissions" box. Change the settings to be the same as shown in "Extra Options". Apply. forum.openmediavault.org/index…3183cf7d2293f414f5e2fb51b

• Backing up USB Installation

crashtest - - General

When in prep for breaking of your RAID1 set; I'd suggest running at least a short test and checking the SMART stat's of the drive you'll be using to house a *single copy* of your data. These items are under Storage, SMART, in the Devices and Scheduled Tests Tabs.

• Quote from danette5757: “I've setup everything again from armbian buster iso (so omv 5 beta). Lots of quirks to have a properly working omv (network setup should not be done using omv interface otherwise 2 ip adresses) and docker ( config.json is your friend, as is portainer ). Samba perf is not so bad but irregular and inferior to my x86 setup. Strangely, while I can copy mkv video files to/from samba shares (60 MB/S), I can't play them directly from the same share (excruciatingly slow..). Some…

crashtest - - General

Quote from shockwave: “Is there a way to make this work, or should I just scrap the current USB and install on one of the new ones? ” Win32diskimager will clone larger SD-cards to smaller cards if the "Read only Allocated Partitions" box is checked. This previously mentioned cloning process is in this -> guide under OS backup.

• In this -> guide, follow the setup for; 1. A shared folder 2. An SMB network share It starts on page 49. Don't try to apply permissions - go with the permissionsrecommended in the guide: In the shared folder - Everyone In the SMB network share - Guests Allowed I have an Armbian board arriving tomorrow. I'll be doing an Armbian/Softy OMV build in the next few days. Maybe that will shed some light.

• urbackup with OMV on RPi4

crashtest - - General

As a personal preference: One of the things I really like about PuTTY is that it does Ctrl+V (paste) from the clipboard, with a right mouse click. That makes copying and pasting something into the command line, from a remote client, a breeze. It's a bit more accurate for scripted installs and compound commands - no fat finger errors. This paste action also works inside command line utilities like nano. Also, I have a few servers, a couple SBC's and few test VM's. There's something to be said for…

crashtest - - General

As @geaves has noted, you can avoid issues with a quick wipe, using a drive label, format, then alter the command line accordingly. Unfortunately, there's no way to watch the progress of the Rsync Job other than the scrolling files list. If you leave that screen, or close the web page, the copy is still in progress, but you won't be able to pull it up again. If you really want to confirm progress, whether it's done, etc., the easiest way is to reboot and run the job again. (With the switches app…

• urbackup with OMV on RPi4

crashtest - - General

If you're not sure of the command line, have you looked at WinSCP ? Install it on a Windows machine and use the servers IP address, root + password, to access your server. A few more details on WinSCP are in this -> guide, page 58. With WinSCP, you shouldn't have any trouble setting permissions to be exactly as they are in this post. Quote from chbrandt: “I'm also a bit worried that even if I get the folders with the correct permissions and get the backups working, let's say I have a failure dow…

• Unclear network behaviour

crashtest - - Network

Let us know how it went with NetworkManager and info in the link, one way or the other. It's a configuration issue that must be looked at, so your results will be of interest.

crashtest - - General

Quote from shockwave: “What is the easiest way to remove the the files that were copied to that drive? ” Popping in an OS backup? Other than that, probably WinSCP if you have it installed. ______________________________________________________________________ Other than the folders ZFS1 and Dockerparms (highlighted, they're part of my setup on this particular server), the remaining top level directories in an OMV4 boot drive are standard. Look for what doesn't belong. **But you might want to bac…

crashtest - - General

Quote from shockwave: “Will there be any issue with my docker programs once I put the info back? Will I need to change anything? ” This depends on where your dockers are stored. If they're in the default location, your boot drive, there's no effect. If your dockers are stored in a shared folder on the RAID1 pair: - After repointing the appropriate shared folders to the backup drive, I believe the location of your Docker containers will follow the shared folder, just as network shares follow thei…

crashtest - - General

Quote from Adoby: “If you don't install the flash plugin correctly, then make sure you have a spare thumb drive with a recent clone of the system drive. ” @shockwave . Adoby has a point here. If the plugin is not installed correctly, flash media wear will increase. I don't know what happened in Technodad's case but setting up /etc/fstab for the flashmemory plugin will enhance it's performance. The plugin's displayed web page shows what is needed, and easy methods for doing these manual edits are…

crashtest - - General

Quote from Agricola: “@crashtest So Rsnapshot is best for restoring media accidentally deleted. Since it looks doable at my skill level I may still set up an extra drive on my main server just for Rsnapshot of my Media folder. ” Is it worth an extra disk solely for Rsnapshot "file version" protection? You'd have to make that decision, but it might be worth it if for nothing else but the extra level of protection - a 2nd backup. I believe in multiple backups. On the other hand, an adequate explan…