Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Emby Config path problem

geaves - - General

Quote from indyjones: “Any chance of a bit more info on how to use these options please? ” Have a look here it explains direct_io and it's suggested replacement

• Raid missing after restart

geaves - - General

Quote from Lif3styl3: “But why ?! ” Possibly the backplane as these are technically hardware raid and can behave differently.

• add hard disk

geaves - - General

Quote from jumpman: “If I want 4 HardDisk, each HD must have the same size on system raid 1? ” You can't have 4 drives in a Raid1!! only 2

• Quote from vatastala: “So, regarding my question, do you think I can go ahead with the operation you suggested? ” To remove the drive using the GUI, yes, the GUI allows you to remove and add a drive even grow it.

• OMV-Extras -> Updates on the drop down select apt clean.

• Quote from william777: “Does this also apply to Syncthing? I'm finding that it no longer works with sharedfolders and I have to point it to the srv path instead. ” You have answered your own question /srv is the absolute path so it makes sense to point to there and not /sharedfolders it's something I have always done.

• Quote from vatastala: “In fact, what happened scares me ... If a drive breaks one day suddenly, will I never see my RAID again? How will I recover it? ” Ok, Raid5 will only allow for one drive failure, the fact you are about to return one, and to do that you need to remove it from the array and your server. This leaves the current array in a clean/degraded state another drive failure and your data is gone!! Believe me this can happen and it has happened to me but only in work environment. You ha…

• add hard disk

geaves - - General

Quote from jumpman: “my second raid 1will be bridled because I use already 2 x 3 ” now I don't understand what you mean. You can have more than one raid array within a system.

• Quote from vatastala: “For first step I powered off my OMV box, removed the sata cable and started again OMV with 3 disks, I expected to see my raid configuration working in degraded state but in RAID management I cannot see my RAID configuration and obviously my SMB share dows not works. Reverted the process everything is good and clean. ” This is standard behaviour for mdadm (software raid), put simply you have to 'tell' mdadm what to do unlike a hardware raid which has a controller to look af…

• add hard disk

geaves - - General

Two ways to do this create a second raid 1 array from the 2x6Tb drives or use 1 for data (working drive) then have the second drive as a backup to the first using rsync.

geaves - - General

Quote from Lif3styl3: “it's the most dangerous part within rebuilding of an raid5 due to the chance of an additional disk failure,.... ” hence my sig, you need a backup of the files that are important to you.

geaves - - General

Quote from Lif3styl3: “hopefully the raid is already there after next reboot without any entry within that file. ” Don't reboot yet, wait for the rebuild then run the following omv-salt deploy run mdadm wait for it to complete there appears to be a delay of up to 50 secs then check the mdadm.conf again and under # definitions of existing MD arrays your array should be displayed.

geaves - - General

Quote from Lif3styl3: “Do u have any clou how the raid is lost? ” None as 5 is beta it could be anything, I'm still not sure why mdadm.conf contains no raid arrays, but neither does mine and my 5 set up is just a test. Ok I've just run a command on my test machine and my mdadm conf is populated, what's the output of your cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

geaves - - General

Quote from Lif3styl3: “sde is my boot disk ” Not according to your first fdisk -l sda is only 465GB drive references can change if a reboot takes place, but it's now rebuilding so all's well.

geaves - - General

mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sde mdadm --add /dev/md127 /dev/sde

geaves - - General

run it again with mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcd] it should come up clean degraded

• Quote from macom: “Yeah, unfortunately that thread is closed. ” But it's an excellent reference especially for new users of OMV and Linux in general, somewhere they hear about raid and assume it's the must do option without understanding how it works or how to recover. Q: Have you got a backup? A: No, that's why I use raid.....wrong!!

geaves - - General

Quote from Lif3styl3: “thx for your help: ” Considering it's inactive why is it busy anyway mdadm --stop /dev/md127 then try again. If the superblock error appears again and aborts omit that drive from --assemble command

• Quote from macom: “My thoughts about... RAID ” That's your new go to Raid answer

geaves - - General

The raid is actually inactive, which would cause it not to show in the gui, the output from mdstat shows 3 out of 4 drives, as does blkid, what is also inexplicable is there is no reference to the array in mdadm.conf. For whatever reason /dev/sdb is missing from the array hence the output from mdstat and blkid, but the drive shows up under fdisk. First off try mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcde] and post the output, this may return an error on /dev/sdb missing superblock.