Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 34.

• Oh one more question: How do I remove a missing file system in OMV? In FileSystems the device /dev/disk/by-label/RAID4TB is still there, but I can't delete it, at least not using the GUI. forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a (It's greyed because Filesystem creation is in the foreground) --- edit Nevermind - I had to delete the shared folders (after deleting the references), then it was no problem to delete the filesystem as well.

• Thanks for the reminder - I have them regularly checked anyways, though.

• Thanks for your input. I won't use an array again, I'll just rsync the data in the future (which I'm planning to do to a remote Pi-based OMV anyways). As said, luckily I do have a backup which is only one, maybe two weeks old and thinking about it I will probably only lose cell phone pictures of that timespan - in the original format, I have a backup of those in reduced size via Google. So I'll just stop here. Thank you all for all your help, although we couldn't fix the problem - I'll just live…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from KOENICH: “Unfortunately not, the two 4TB drives (sdc & sdd) used to be the array, see screenshot above - but I'll include the overview in the screenshot below as well. ” I looked at your first post where they were sdd and sde.Quote from KOENICH: “Nevertheless I tried your command - adding the verbose option - again for those two drives; sadly giving the same result: ” The verbose definitely wouldn't help assemble. So, I went back and read the whole thread since…

• Unfortunately not, the two 4TB drives (sdc & sdd) used to be the array, see screenshot above - but I'll include the overview in the screenshot below as well. sde is the SSD that OMV runs on (and sda & sdb are the two independent 8TB drives) Nevertheless I tried your command - adding the verbose option - again for those two drives; sadly giving the same result: forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a --- edit I see the confusion about the drive labels - in my very first post in t…

• Thanks again for caring, guys. I tried to assemble as suggested, it tells me the drives (tried with both sdc & sdd) miss the superblock (whatever that is). Adding --force seemingly didn't make a difference. forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a

• Here you go. ...they're disks. forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a

• Weirdly, it didn't give me any response when trying to luksOpen - but actually nothing happened: forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a

• Quote from geaves: “Ok this will give some info on the drives wipefs -n /dev/sdc this will not wipe the drive but will supply information on the drives signatures. ” Nothing happened... (see screenshot below) Quote from subzero79: “Don’t have any more answers for you unfortunately. Looks very weird. All I can think is try to assemble the raid in degraded mode. Try see if lsblk reports more info. ” lsblk - not sure if that helps: forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a How would …

• Jep, they're there... forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a

• Download for SystemRescue took quite a while, but afterwards booted just fine. Unfortunately, blkid doesn't give me any news. Those two drives seem not to exist?! forum.openmediavault.org/index…227752405069dc834b11b5b8a

• Alright, I'll try that first, thanks.

• IPMI is afaik theoretically possible (it's a HP N54L MicroServer), but that's it. Given that the two of you haven't experienced this weird behavior I assume it's actually best to try and see what I can do with a Ubuntu live... I'll try if I can at least decrypt one of the two drives (which would be sufficient). I actually have a backup of the content of the two drives, but it's about two weeks old I some of the data has changed in the meantime, so I'll need to see if I can somehow access it agai…

• Quote from geaves: “The fsatb is incorrect yours is missing this; # <<< [openmediavault] which should be the last line, OMV adds the fstab entries in # >>> [openmediavault] at the start with # <<< [openmediavault] at the end. ” My bad. I forgot to copy the last line. Sorry. # <<< [openmediavault] is actually at the end. I corrected the txt-file in the post above - it really was only the last line missing. Quote from subzero79: “Doesn't show anything relevant i can figure out what's going on. the…

• I attached the lsmod output as a txt-file. I also attached the out put for fstab - when reading the whole thread again I realized I was asked for it earlier. It was a fresh iso-install. Thanks again for caring!

• That was easy enough, thanks I just rebooted the server, here's the dmesg output: ---longer than 10.000 chars, so I had to put it in an attachment--- I didn't do anything after reboot, thus the 8TB drives are not decrypted yet at this moment. Quote from subzero79: “Should be able to start the raid without one of the disks if is raid1 ” That's what I thought. But how would I do that? Since at this time I can't decrypt even a single drive in OMV (at least not the web frontend) I'm wondering if tha…

• Quote from subzero79: “Is strange from what I can see sdd is missing the raid signature. Reboot the server and put in hastebin the whole dmesg output after boot. Should be able to start the raid without one of the disks if is raid1” Thanks for all your replies. I'm on parental leave at the moment and don't find time to care for my server every day, so please excuse my late answer. Where do I find the boot dmesg output as requested?

• Quote from subzero79: “I am not sure about the best practices here, but using a raid in my opinion the encryption should sit on top of the assembled md0 device, not the underlying members. I use luks but just as single drives encrypted merged into a pool. This should be right IMO RAID->LUKS->FILESYSTEM we can wait for other users comments also they use a similar setup” Honestly I believe that's the way it was configured - I just can't check at the moment. There was only one way to configure Raid…

• Quote from geaves: “First off I have no knowledge of LUKS, but the output from mdstat, blkid and mdadm examine does not display any information about /dev/sd[de] the only real output is from your mdadm assemble that returns no superblock on /dev/sdd I remember reading something on here regarding LUKS and Raid, I think you have to turn off LUKS for the Raid before you can do anything. ” Thanks for your answer. I think it's pretty weird that no other information about the missing RAID shows up as …

• Quote from KOENICH: “ --- edit OK that wasn't that hard. The command is just "service proftpd restart" and it works. I have set that up that as a daily task, I wonder if that's sufficient to keep FTP more or less working. ” Maybe someone will come across this thread and find this solution and it won't work. I found out later, that for some unknown reason, this command works perfectly well when entered manually (using shell) or running the scheduled job manually. But when the job ran at the prede…