Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• What happened with my apt?

KM0201 - - Updates/Upgrades

Sorry, don't use ZFS

• What happened with my apt?

KM0201 - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from DHGE: “I wonder why it is still not fixed... I just setup a new ODROID hc2 and DLed the latest image from sourgeforge and ran into the same issue. fix: (as root) Shell-Script (1 line)I had to start over with etching an SD card since the unfinished dpkg -i process made my ssh logins impossible. OOPS: seems to be still in the repos After a dist-upgrade on my fresh install I hade to fix this again ” Votdev doesn't "fix" things that aren't his to fix. It's a harmless python error. There's…

• How do you backup?

KM0201 - - General

The OS drive? Honestly, I don't. It's not worth the hassle to me. I can be from a blank OS drive to everything installed and setup, in about 45-60min... I'd spend more than that trying to image drives, rotate backups, etc. and probably doing it way more frequently than I reinstall. I guess if I had some major customization's it would be worthwhile, but I've been using OMV for several years now, and I've never bothered.

• Really? I upload via the webUI all the time... what's the error.

• Or just upload them via the webUI... The client though would probably be easier, as you could do a mass copy/paste. Only issue I see here, is it appears files are stored both on the server and the client... I guess after they sync though, you could uninstall the client then delete the folder.

• If on your install you navigate to /sharedfolders/Nextcloud/nextcloud_username/files you should see your folders from Nextcloud there.. but I don't think it's as easy as just copy/pasting them

• I've never tried moving files to my Nextcloud w/o using the webUI.

• I can't speak for the Pi... but unless the guide has been updated, you could run into some issues installing over Debian 10. forum.openmediavault.org/index…-minimal-install-problem/

• Help deciding on what OS for NAS solution

KM0201 - - General

Quote from macom: “Quote from crackjack: “Serious answer, I just want some extra file security/safty/peace of mind, I have 1.9tb of music which I have been collecting for nearly 10 years 500gb of it is flac the rest is 320kb mp3. ” Then do backups. Including one backup remote (portable drive stored at your work or in the cloud or at a friend....)Has it been said before? RAID is not backup ” I think once or twice.

• OMV Problem with startup.

KM0201 - - General

Quote from IamBartjuuh: “Quote from KM0201: “Man.. it's been forever since I've seen an IDE port...lol. Nostalgic. Did you actually manage to get installed, and this is happening on the install, or are you getting that while booting the install disk? Hard to tell by your post... First thing given the age of that board (assuming it is installed), I might try disabling acpi and see if that gets you to boot (this is an Ubuntu link, but it's the same for Debian).. askubuntu.com/questions/160036…disa…

• OMV Problem with startup.

KM0201 - - General

Man.. it's been forever since I've seen an IDE port...lol. Nostalgic. Did you actually manage to get installed, and this is happening on the install, or are you getting that while booting the install disk? Hard to tell by your post... First thing given the age of that board (assuming it is installed), I might try disabling acpi and see if that gets you to boot (this is an Ubuntu link, but it's the same for Debian).. askubuntu.com/questions/160036…disable-acpi-when-booting

• Quote from Agricola: “Quote from KM0201: “Note the -e VERSION=docker variable ” The docker setting description reads: "This is the same as leaving this setting out of your create command." So you would not want to use that one if you wanted "restart" updates. Latest implies that you will be upgraded with the latest "bleeding edge" version "you are entitled to." So is it correct to assume you would want to use the public variable for VERSION? I don't remember anything like this included in the [H…

• There is not enough space on [Share]

KM0201 - - CIFS/SMB

None of this makes any sense.

• I've used Watchtower for a while and I've never had an issue with it. I can't speak for the official plex image...but the linuxserver plex image... hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/ Below...Note the -e VERSION=docker variable (line 6) Source Code (13 lines) Scroll on down... Under Parameters you'll see this... Source Code (1 line) And finally under Application Setup... Source Code (15 lines)

• Why would you have to start a new container? I've had containers upgrade many times over the years w/o issue. There is a way to do what you want, but it seems unnecessary to address your issue. youtube.com/watch?v=WO9WS3zpAF0

• Quote from kitkit210: “fdisk -l output Source Code (57 lines)” Was your OS disk the only disk connected to the motherboard, other than the install disk? Almost seems like Grub got installed to the wrong drive. If you disconnect all drives but the OS drive, does it boot? You should be able to use the super grub disk to reinstall grub to the proper disk, if that's the case.

• Ran into a few problems with a virtual install... Installed Debian 10 from the netinst ISO as I've always done before. During the install when it came time to install packages... I unchecked everything except SSH server, as I always have... Install finished, SSH no problem... then I followed the instructions in the guide. forum.openmediavault.org/index…OMV5-on-Debian-10-Buster/ The first command ran no problem (add the repo). The second one, errors out on a couple issues. 1. It appears on a mini…

• Ver 5 install problem

KM0201 - - General

Quote from mudkic: “Hello thanks can't seem to get it to work tried two different PC and different USB and a burned dvd same results. Strange Sent from my T08 using Tapatalk ” Weird. Did you try downloading a new image? As I said, maybe the image was corrupted somehow... As long as you understand that technically OMV 5 is still beta... I would probably try installing on top of Debian 10 in that case. Download the Debian 10 netinst ISO. debian.org/distrib/ Go through the install process (just let…

• Ver 5 install problem

KM0201 - - General

Corrupted image, flash drive, or something happened when it was written to the USB would be my first thoughts. How are you writing the USB? I would download the image again, use a different USB if available, and use Etcher to write the USB (if you haven't already)... balena.io/etcher/

• Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

KM0201 - - Docker

Lol. Well played @geaves