Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• [SOLVED] SFTP can not be disabled

gderf - - SSH

I am an idiot. I was testing like this: sftp -p222 user@localhost and I got a prompt for my password. So I assumed an sftp server was running on port 222. Wrong. What happened is that -p222 is not proper but instead of throwing an error it dropped the option entirely and connected on the standard port 22 where there is an sftp server running. The correct form is (note uppercase P) sftp -P222 user@localhost This fails with a connection refused message, as it should.

• [SOLVED] SFTP can not be disabled

gderf - - SSH

I was playing around with the SFTP plugin and when I was done I deleted the user in the access list, disabled it in the Settings tab and saved. However there is still an SFTP server running on port 222. Even rebooting OMV will not turn it off. How and where do I turn this off?

• FTP won't start/buggy start

gderf - - FTP

Well, you aren't going to see anything about it in the SSH tab. You can configure SFTP by hand in the SSH tab under Extra options, this is how I do it, but it takes some experience or to be willing to learn this. Since the SFTP server is running automatically by default, you can connect to it using login credentials for any user on the system without doing any configuration in Extra options. This would allow you to navigate the entire filesystem, but not be able to read or write to large areas o…

gderf - - FTP

I'm not talking about using the FTP server. An SFTP server is already built into OMV via the SSH service.

gderf - - FTP

Is there some reason you can not use SFTP instead?

• Migration

gderf - - Updates/Upgrades

You can try using dd to clone the drive. It will throw an error or warning when the destination drive runs out of room, but there's a good change it was copying slack unused space anyway and the clone might work.

• How do you backup?

gderf - - General

Quote from HannesJo: “Quote from gderf: “Quote from HannesJo: “Hmm I read somewhere filezilla was able to make copies of whole partitions. But yeah makes sense since it's called FILE zilla.. That scripts would be awesome! Sent you a pm. ” The boot track is not a partition and it isn't a file. ” Isn't that a data sequence within the boot partition? So I was assuming cloning a partition would also clone the boot track. ” No, it's not within any partition.

• How do you backup?

gderf - - General

Quote from HannesJo: “Hmm I read somewhere filezilla was able to make copies of whole partitions. But yeah makes sense since it's called FILE zilla.. That scripts would be awesome! Sent you a pm. ” I emailed them to you.

• How do you backup?

gderf - - General

Quote from HannesJo: “Hmm I read somewhere filezilla was able to make copies of whole partitions. But yeah makes sense since it's called FILE zilla.. That scripts would be awesome! Sent you a pm. ” The boot track is not a partition and it isn't a file.

• How do you backup?

gderf - - General

Quote from HannesJo: “Why wouldn't a Filezilla backup be bootable? ” Because the boot track is not a file.

• How do you backup?

gderf - - General

I use dd via automated scripting to make live unattended OMV system drive backups daily at 7:00am. They take only eight minutes to run and image the 16GB OMV system SSD. I keep the most seven recent backups and this is also handled by an automated script. I have been doing this since starting with OMV 2 more than four years ago. I also test that the backups being made are restorable and actually work by doing a restore of the most recent one to another 16GB SSD and booting the restored copy and …

• CRON and Apt-Get errors

OMV 3 is based on Debian Jessie. Debian Jessie reached End of Life in June 2017 and Debian shuttered the repos for it. You may be able to edit your /etc/apt/sources.list per the below link to receive LTS Debian security updates until June 30, 2020, but there will be no further OMV updates. Best practice recommendation is to upgrade to OMV 4 or wait for OMV 5. wiki.debian.org/LTS/Using

• Migration

Quote from Blebbens: “I was hoping for a freshly installed OMV and restoring my settings including RAID. ” Restoring your settings to a freshly installed OMV 4 means you have to configure it all by hand from scratch in the GUI.

• motioneye not working

gderf - - Docker

Docker, in general, isn't slow. I run over a dozen containers and have no problems. I can't help you with motioneye.

• motioneye not working

gderf - - Docker

Have you examined the container's log?

• The OP is not running the Linuxserver.io image. Continuing to make replies citing configuration examples for this image are not helpful to the OP because they do not apply to the image he is running.

• OMV 5.05 Install Problems

gderf - - General

Do you have an available IPv6 DHCP server? Is there an option to not configure for IPv6? If so, try that and if it works, fix it later if you really do need IPv6.

• Backing up USB Installation

gderf - - General

There is a setting in Clonezilla to allow cloning a larger drive to a smaller drive. Might work and if you haven't tried it, you should. You could always use dd to do this. It might throw an error or warning at the point the copy runs out of room on the destination drive, but in most cases the data being copied is the empty space located beyond the actual content.

• github.com/Red5d/docker-autocompose but I don't use it and can't answer any questions about it.

• Cant access OMV by Webinterface anymore

gderf - - General

Your rootfs is 100% full and this breaks many things. Search the forum for help on how to fix this.