Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• How to find recycle bin directory?

ryecoaaron - - General

install the openmediavault-locate plugin or apt-get install mlocate

• OMV 5 release imminent?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Antioch: “What's VM? ” virtual machine Quote from Antioch: “The OMV version in sourceforge is 5.0.5 and seems to be from August. ” That is just the version on the ISO. Once you install all updates from the Updates tab, you will be on OMV 5.0.9 and kernel 5.2.0.

• Quote from filledk: “my question is, if i wanted to install reinstall OMV and i choose OMV5 would i then be able to join the "stable releases updates" (dont know what to call it) when OMV 5 is released? ” There is no separate repos for beta and stable OMV 5 releases. So, updating will give you the latest OMV 5.x package and thus giving you the stable release when declared. Quote from filledk: “also is UnionFS plugin avalible for OMV5 yet?? ” Yep - bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/usu…

• OMV 5 release imminent?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Antioch: “the last official information I read was that it would be released after Debian 10.1 which came out earlier in September. Does this mean OMV5 release is imminent? ” There was no official statement from Volker to that effect. He always says it will be released when it is ready. He probably said it wouldn't be released before 10.1 was out.

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I have reinstalled OMV on the Pi4 several times. ” What image are you using? Quote from TechnoDadLife: “During the installation OMV on Raspian, when I do omv-confdbadm populate, I get a python error importing ABC from 'collection' is depreciated. This doesn't seem to be a problem, but may need to updated in OMV? ” This is a warning and caused by salt not OMV. Nothing to worry about but the salt packages will have to fix it. Quote from TechnoDadLife: “If you change the …

• Quote from HannesJo: “May be 150 in average daily use. But patman was talking about maximum speed. My single Ironwolf hdd achieves max transfer rates of 200..250 MB/s in daily use. Even more in certain situations.. ” And I was talking about normal drives. Not the latest 7200 RPM large cache NAS drive. Even my WD Red Pros don't break 200. And he didn't specify what drives were being used, I used an average of about 150 which is what I would say is the average of every drive I own (I have a pile o…

• Strange network behavior

ryecoaaron - - Network

Is this an arm board with an armbian image and still has networkmanager configured for dhcp?

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “I had to use Sudo Su, when I used logged in from Putty. ” Which changes you to root and that is mandatory. You could also do: wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | sudo bash Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Are you running OM V5 on your Pi4? ” Yes, for testing.

• What happened with my apt?

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Remove insserv with apt-get purge insserv Quote from DHGE: “you could force this via dpkg (although the error message sounds weird to me looking at the version numbers) ” No. Don't do this.

• Quote from HannesJo: “Sorry but could you explain that? I would think it should be at least 200...250 MB/s/Disc ” Explain what? That is how fast spinning hard drives are. Definitely not 200-250 MB unless they are a 15k rpm sas drive. Where did you get your rates from?? Quote from patman2097: “i tried using a sinlge ssd on my OMV copying over to a NVME on my pc , a slight increase to 300-310 MB/sec. ” Makes sense. Quote from patman2097: “a slight increase obviously, but still far off what im expe…

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Is OMV extras working for the raspberry pi? ” Yep. It works on all systems. Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Got Extras installed by sudo su. ” What command did you try first? I assume it isn't the command below? Quote from WastlJ: “From command line as root wget -O - omv-extras.org/install | bash ” Quote from TechnoDadLife: “New error trying to install a plugin. ” Definitely a DNS error.

• Quote from patman2097: “so i figured out the ifconfig command line to increase the MTU on both sides , tried s few differnt figures 1500,3000,4000) not much gain to be honest ” Yep. As I said, your storage is too slow. If you have nvme on both sides, you would be able to use more of that speed.

• Proxmox with docker

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from terencefaul: “HI guys are you passing through your HDD? ” I used to but not now. Worked well. Quote from terencefaul: “are you using scsi or virtio ” I use virtio on everything except for my virtualized ESXi VMs.

• Command for system status summary

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from grokov: “For just the sensor and system info, this also works nicely ” Just a little more info... If your login shell is sh (probably a symlink to dash) or dash, you need to specify bash. If your login shell is bash, you can leave the bash part off. run-parts takes care of the shell parts which is why it works even if your login shell is sh or dash.

• Quote from patman2097: “is about 200-300MB/sec max i should be expecting? ” Yes. Each one of those disks probably can do about 150 MB/s each. Quote from patman2097: “my 1GBE connection i get 100MB/sec. , in an ideal world i thought 10GB would give me 1000MB/sec but more likely 600MB/sec, so i thought 40GBE should be faster still. ” That is what those connections will do if your storage is fast enough. Your storage is nowhere near fast enough to saturate 10GBe. 40GBe will require hardware that yo…

• Command for system status summary

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from grokov: “Is there a command to print this information again on demand? ” run-parts /etc/update-motd.d

• Quote from irafone: “I can see the webgui login page, but no way to login ” That means engined is not running and/or the system disk is full. omv-engined -df from the command line will show errors.

• omv-firstaid needs OMV working (engined running). You can't do this from recovery mode.

• Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Announced in 2019, this system adds a second HDMI port, more memory, true Gigabit Ethernet and USB3. There is no support for it in the Debian kernels yet. We understand this computer no longer boots from the GPU, so it is probable it will no longer require a binary blob to boot. I was looking at native Debian support for a Debian install ” Either this is out of date or only applies to Debian. Raspbian is ok (not sure about second hdmi though): (Hidden Content)

• How much speed did you think you were going to get out of spinning disk? What speed is each side connected at? Why the large font?