Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 660.

• Active Directory / LDAP Revisited

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I was able to run the on OMV 5.0.9-1 and connect to my 2012 server. There is a chicken and egg situation going on. When you save the smb extra settings you will get an error because it is not joined to the AD. Ignore it and run the script. Reboot and hit the apply button and it will work this time. Reboot again and the users should be there. So the script works on OMV 3, 4 and 5. With windows server 2008, 2012 and 2016.

• I don't have any experience with 2019 yet. I have a script that works for many windows server versions. You might try it in a vm. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ My guess is dns problem.

• slow transfer speeds with mellanox 40gbe

donh - - Network

Quote from patman2097: “Quote from donh: “Make a ram disk on each side and see what speed you get?HO ” Ive manage to set up a ram drive on my local workstation, but how would you set up ram drive on the nas end? its is possible to set up cache on OMV even? ” Google knows. techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use-a-ramdisk-on-linux/

• slow transfer speeds with mellanox 40gbe

donh - - Network

Make a ram disk on each side and see what speed you get?

• Strange network behavior

donh - - Network

Has the nic name changed? ip address will show the name. What version are you running?

• proxmox/LXC(LXD) and OMV

donh - - General

I use OMV as a vm on proxmox. Not as a container. This keeps OMV basically stock. OMV uses very few resources. Proxmox is intended to run vm's. Why try to get by without all the features?

• The future of VM in Openmediavault 5

donh - - Plugins

Try installing debian buster. Does that work?

• The future of VM in Openmediavault 5

donh - - Plugins

I don't know your hardware or use case. I run OMV as a vm under proxmox. This way keeps OMV stock. If you want to use zfs do it under proxmox and assign what you need to OMV. I have had no problems with zfs under proxmox yet. You will also have more options for running vm's. One disadvantage is proxmox does not do docker. But you can always run a vm for that.

• Hostname, FQDN and Active Directory join

donh - - General

I would think you need to fix your dns. Give a few more details and someone may be able make a suggestion.

• Hostname, FQDN and Active Directory join

donh - - General

Not using samba so take this with a grain of salt. Win ad is very dns dependent. What does nslookup (omv's ip) show. If it says not installed apt-get install dnsutils. It should show the name and what server provided it. Fix if required.

• Their are a few threads about connecting omv to active directory. Here is mine. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ You can always try it in a vm. If you give more details we might be able to give a better answer.

• Also be careful with names like *.com .net or other things that may resolve over the internet. Unless you are really good at dns and routing.

• Boot Clonezilla Once keeps booting

donh - - General

Did you remove the cd? A few more details might get you a better answer.

• Did you apt-get install qemu-guest-agent?

• Best guide to use Active Directory

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I wrote a script for windows in this thread. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ Read it first. Then try it in a vm.

• You can install proxmox on a minimal debian install. That way you can set the disks up the way you like. I think setting up omv in an lxd container would work but I wouldn't do it that way. If you try and it works fine let us know. I use zfs mirrors for important data. Remember mirrors are not backups.

• I run omv as a vm in proxmox. I don't use docker containers and only a few plugins. The omv uses very little system resources. It makes it easy to snapshot omv before an update and roll back if there is a problem. OMV makes sharing disks easy and proxmox makes it easy to increase the size of the virtual disks if needed or move them to a new disk. Try it you will like it. as for docker again I don't use that but proxmox does do lxd containers natively. They work fine.

• NTP Server for OMV

donh - - General

You should be able to add a time server option to your dhcp server. google.com/search?client=firef…q=dhcp+option+time+server Quote from R2D2: “Questions: Am I forced to activate smb for this? Looks like.. Is this time server option (in smb) a generic ntp server? (Important because there is not one windows client but many others) Where does it get the time from? From upstream ntp? From rtc? ” Create a feature request here. github.com/openmediavault/open…?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed It would make mor…

• Make your life easier, run OMV as a vm in proxmox.

• Samba Authenticate via LDAP (using SSSD)

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I am not sure if it requires kerberos or not. I have only done this on windows. There are other threads using realmd that you could look at too. google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sssd+openldap