Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 849.

• Quote from PimpMyNAS: “If I keep the drive attached I it doesn't sync automatically. ” That´s the intended purpose. USBBackup does the backup job(s) one time when the drive is connected. Then the drive is mounted and after completion unmounted again. Then you can disconnect the drive. When you connect the drive the next time the process starts again. It is not intended to do a continous sync.

• USB RAID is no longer supported via the OMV 4 user interface - and not recommended (too many problems, for RPI´s often regarding the power supply of the connected disks). Therefore you will have to do the job by CLI.

• Übrigens OMV ist manchmal recht empfindlich, wenn man Dinge, die man sonst über das WebUI macht, über das CLI erledigt.

• Hast du schon einmal die Rechte der Dateien verglichen, die die vorher schon da waren mit denen die du über die Konsole kopiert hast? Was mir auf Anhieb einfällt ist, dass Letztere den Besitzer "root" haben müssten und nicht den Benutzer, für den du den Share angelegt hast. Du kannst auch ganz einfach eine Datei und ein Directory über SMB/CIFS neu anlegen. Dann siehst du, wie die Rechte und der User dabei angelegt wird. Dann die händisch hineinkopierten per CLI genau so setzen und dann solltest …

• How to find recycle bin directory?

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from ExRaspberry: “Yes, I am. But where can I find it? ” It depends of the configuration of your SMB/CIFS shares. Have you ever checked before if the recycle bin really works?

• How to find recycle bin directory?

cabrio_leo - - General

Normally it should be in the folder '.recycle' in the share´s root directory. Assuming your are talking about SMB/CIFS shares.

• Software vs. Hardware Raid

cabrio_leo - - RAID

Your board supports ECC memory and you have a lot of them. Therefore think about using ZFS.

• Testdisk: TestDisk Datenrettung Quote from henfri: “Bei zwei deiner Platten sind die Partitionstabellen kaputt. ” Also ganz blicke ich bei den Meldungen mit den korrupten Partitionstabellen nicht durch, aber mir scheint, dass bei den beiden Bootvorgängen einmal zwei und einmal drei Platten als defekt gemeldet werden. Ist das ein RAID aus USB-Platten?

• Hi @2000neo, ähnliche Fragen wurden hier im Forum schon 'zig Mal gestellt. Etwas Suche im Forum könnte dich vielleicht weiter bringen. wink.png Um eine vernünftige Fehleranalyse betreiben zu können, beantworte bitte die Fragen hier: Degraded or missing raid array questions Ansonsten schließe ich mich der Meinung von @Aux an: Wenn du von mdadm keine Ahnung hast, solltest du das jemanden anderen überlassen. Die mdadm Spezialisten hier sind überwiegend Englisch-sprachig. geaves hat hier schon viele…

• Shared Folders

cabrio_leo - - General

I think the initial approach from @votdev was to add this line After=fuse-xxx.service', but I don´t know for what 'xxx' stands. /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-xxx.mount: Description=Mount shared folder MOD to /sharedfolders/MOD DefaultDependencies=no After=zfs-mount.service After=fuse-xxx.service Conflicts=umount.target RequiresMountsFor=/srv/91080aad-6550-4341-9d5e-72bc444afebf/ AssertPathIsDirectory=/srv/91080aad-6550-4341-9d5e-72bc444afebf/MOD/ AssertPathIsDirectory=/sharedfolders AssertPa…

• Quote from mira67: “please exactly where should the line be inserted? I have 5 shared folders in Sharedfolders, do I have to enter it in each sharedfolders-name.mount? ” Please try it out! It think this shouldn´t be the final solution, but a test whether the action is working or not.

• Shared Folders

cabrio_leo - - CIFS/SMB

As you write above your problem is related to this thread: MergerFS folders not mounted in /sharedfolders @votdev has posted a possible permanent solution a short time ago. Maybe you want to support him?

• Poor speed while copying Files

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from ctreu: “- Fritzbox 7490 with Gigabit Ethernet connected to the Raspberry with a CAT6 Cable ” Are you sure that the Ethernet speed is set to GBit of the Fritzbox´s internal switch? Sometimes it is set to "green mode" which means a restriction to 100 MBit/s. Generally I would advise to use a separate GBit switch instead of the internal switch of the Fritzbox. The network performance of these All-In-One-boxes is sometimes not the best.

• Quote from macom: “the latest ISO for OMV4 supports UEFI ” Thx for the correction. Is that also applicable for OMV5?

• Quote from pcjunkie7: “Would it make any difference if I booted with UEFI vs legacy BIOS? ” Yes, at least for OMV4. As I know the iso don´t support UEFI. If the computer only supports UEFI then Debian must be installed before. I don´t know if this has changed in OMV5.

• I can't see my raid volume!

cabrio_leo - - General

Ok, once again an inactive array. Maybe this thread is helpful: HELP PLEASE - After Upgrade from 3.099 to 4x system crashed. RAID gone

• RAID Test....Failed....

cabrio_leo - - General

Quote from table681: “Can I ask why Raid isn't a backup. ” There are a lot of threads here about this topic. The main reason for RAID is data availability if a drive fails. During an rebuild after a disk failure often a second drive fails and then all data has gone in an RAID5 array. So it is strongly recommended to have a backup up one´s sleeve. Many users have data on a NAS exclusively which are not on the computer(s) a second time. In the case above this data is lost completely.

• Error mountin HDD

cabrio_leo - - General

Did you wipe the drive before using it again? I would recommend a complete/full wipe of the drive to get rid of the btrfs signature.

• Try installing Debian 9 instead of OMV. When Debian can boot then your chances are good that OMV does it too. There are some threads here that people with HP hardware have boot issues under Linux, especially when trying to boot from an USB stick - which doesn´t apply in your case - but nevertheless...

• Error creating Raid

cabrio_leo - - General

You have a board with a lot of ECC Ram. Why do you not try ZFS RAIDZ2 instead of Raid 6. How old is your board? Do you have a new one with the AVATON C0 stepping without the C2000 bug on board? For the older B0 stepping I remember that there were issues with the Marvell 9230 SATA controller. ASROCK then has provided a firmware fix for the marvell controller. It is also fixed in the C0 stepping.