Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from Scott Rowland Enock: “[Blockierte Grafik: i.imgur.com/EPMzT9v.png] ” To see the picture a sign in is required by imgur. You can attach pictures directly to a posting. It is not necessary to host them. ” You can view imgur pics without being signed in. It showed fine for me, and I'm not signed in.

• Quote from stevedawg85: “Quote from KM0201: “If you executed it as root, that is your problem. Do you have a user on your NAS, or just the root user? ” Thats my problem, sorry if this is extremely newbie Q, but how do I do it. Check out my screenshot (from windows pc) - imgur.com/q3zztzs1 - I Used Winscp to copy the binary into a 'xteve' folder I created as root 2 - I have my stevedawg85 account added into various groups 3 - I used terminal to follow those steps but it's not allowed Quote from C…

• How I always find if it's working Get your Public IP from a machine not behind the VPN (whatismyip,com, or command line if you're running a Linux machine) SSH your server and bash into the transmission container as root: docker exec -it container_name bash curl ifconfig.co This will return the public IP of the container. If the VPN is working... it should be different than the IP of the local machine. Example: Black terminal window is my laptop. White one is my NAS. Even with the IP partially bl…

• If you executed it as root, that is your problem. Do you have a user on your NAS, or just the root user? The instructions are pretty clear... github.com/xteve-project/xTeVe…n-other-operating-systems The xTeVe binary must be started in the terminal. - Open a terminal - Change path to the binary cd /path/to/xteve/folder/ - Set permission to execute the file chmod +x xteve - Start xTeVe ./xteveIf you're doing that as root, that's why you're having permission issues (this is why you should only use …

• Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

KM0201 - - Docker

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from TechnoDadLife: “What program needs port 9000? ” Squeezebox I guess. ” Maybe whenever there is a new install, create a script that they can use to let @ryecoaaron SSH their server, and do everything for them... That would be simple and I hear he has way to much free time anyway... My personal opinion... He's done as much as can be reasonably expected with docker related containers. You can install docker with one click, install one of the two more popular gui's …

• I just realized you already installed omv 5... Are these by chance USB drives that are configured in a raid? This could be done in omv 3, but using raid on USB drives was specifically removed from omv 4, and I'm assuming 5 as well.

• Yes, you missed there is no upgrade path from 3-5. You would need to upgrade 3-4. I'm not sure there is a supported upgrade path from 4-5 yet. Regardless, upgrading 3-4 at this point is a pain due to closed repositories, etc (search the forum). If you really want 5. Disconnect your data drives and clean install omv 5.

• The cache is a possibility. If you don't want to clear it, you could try going to the webUI in Incognito/Privacy mode, and see if the drive shows. If it shows in Incognito mode, it's just a cache issue. On the OMV webUI (outside Incognito mode), hold Control and click Refresh, an that will clear the cache for just the webUI, rather than nuke the entire cache

• Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick

KM0201 - - General

Gonna have to agree, I can't come up with any rational reason for wanting to do this. What exactly is your purpose?

• Switching to a different system

KM0201 - - General

Quote from MH1333: “What if I was going from OMV 3.0 to fresh install of OMV 5. On new drive all good? Thinking I may just stick with OMV Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk ” well first you need to figure out exactly what you plan to do If you want to move to another OS, so long as that OS supports the filesystem on your storage drives, you should be fine. If you move to omv 5, again .. you should be fine. Unplug your storage drives, install omv 5 to the is drive, then shutdown and reconnect y…

• Switching to a different system

KM0201 - - General

This is really a question that you need to ask of whatever OS you move to and has nothing to do with OMV

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from matefon: “I can't try it now, but I think I will: wiki.debian.org/IInstallOpenMediaVaultOnDebian Write you if it works or not. ” Says page doesn't exist. The guide instructions should work just fine (I tested them about an hour ago in Vbox). Can't really figure out what you're doing wrong Edit: Nevermind, I found it. The biggest problem is those instructions are for Kralizec, which was OMV 1.0 and based on Debian 7. Due to closed repositories, etc... this would be a complete waste of …

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from matefon: “I've copy-pasted it in. Should I type it? And yes, it's Debian 9.4 (or 9.x I don't remember) ” No.. typing it is way to difficult.

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from matefon: “Quote from KM0201: “By the way... Not sure how powerful or how much RAM your "main" computer or laptop has.. but you may find testing with Virtualbox a better test than trying to test on that old beast. Only 1gig of RAM I can't imagine it doing much more of a "test" than running SMB. ” It was working with OMV 3 on it but plugins were a problem so I updated it. Now I'm waiting for a miracle to make the pc working. ” Are you manually typing all that in, or are you copy/pasting…

• Quote from Coxeroni: “You just have to get used to the syntax of the compose file, but often you find an example at docker hub for the respective container, just like for the run command. Containers created with compose also appear in the docker gui of OMV, so can see there status from there. ” You know... when you put it like that... I stopped reading tutorials, etc (which in my opinion almost all were unnecessarily complex) and just decided to dive into it. If you have a basic understanding of…

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

By the way... Not sure how powerful or how much RAM your "main" computer or laptop has.. but you may find testing with Virtualbox a better test than trying to test on that old beast. Only 1gig of RAM I can't imagine it doing much more of a "test" than running SMB.

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

What command did you run to get that error?

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

Well.. I'm not aware of any instructions... But you're going to have to manually partition the drive with the installer... How large is your hard drive?

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

Quote from matefon: “Quote from KM0201: “Connect 2nd hard drive ” Unfortunately I've got 2 old HDD-s but the pc only has 1 sata... (I've got one sata and one ata drive and I can connect the ATA one instead of the optical drive but power cables are different ” I guess it depends on how much hassle you want to go through... but usually those power adapters/spliters (assuming it is some type of molex adapter)... are only a a couple bucks at any electronics store. Probably about the same cost as tha…

• GParted doesn't launch

KM0201 - - Plugins

Another option... if you have an old hard drive laying around (but not enough motherboard ports to support them all)... or one you could zombie from a broken computer/latop/netbook Hook the zombie hard drive up and use the OMV installer on the DVD to install. Shut down, disconnect the optical drive and hook the zombie hard drive to it's SATA port. Boot OMV Run update-grub as root. Shutdown OMV Connect 2nd hard drive Boot OMV Format 2nd hard drive (the one you have hooked up now) for use with the…