Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

• Hi all, no one can help me? thanks

• Hi, I have a setup where my disks are spin down if not in use. I am using Samba and I have enabled the recycle bin. I would like to automatically remove the old files after 60 days. The cron task that checks the recycle bin folders and removes the old files runs daily and this wake up my disks every day un-neccessarily. Looking into "/var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/samba-recycle*" files and into "/etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-samba-recycle" it says to not change the files. Is there a way to move…

• How to enable Flash Memory plugin?

oppo1967o - - Plugins

thanks

• How to enable Flash Memory plugin?

oppo1967o - - Plugins

Hi, I have installed the Flash Memory plugin. I followed the instructions, but according to the instructions (point 7) I should enable the plug-in. But there is no enable button on the page. See picture: forum.openmediavault.org/index…1569bb0fd5f4f93cba178f62d How can enable it? thanks

• OMV Temperatures plugin

oppo1967o - - Plugins

Hi @Wolf2000, thanks for your tip... I found many other useful plugin in there... Regarding Sensors, I installed but I get the following screen: forum.openmediavault.org/index…1569bb0fd5f4f93cba178f62d Any idea why? I am using ASrock J3710-ITX motherboard. thanks

• OMV Temperatures plugin

oppo1967o - - Plugins

Hi @gderf, where can I find the sensors plugin? It's not in my plugin list. Thanks

• thanks

• Hi @macom, thanks for the suggestion. Which value of APM do you suggest?

• Hi all, I think that I solved the problem. @macom: hdparm is perfectly compatible with WD.RED disks, at least on mine. The problem was related to the SMART check interval. As I explained in my first post, it was set to 1800 seconds while the spin down was set to 60 minutes. What is not documented is the fact that the SMART refresh interval resets the counter of the 60 minutes... even if there is no disk access so the condition is never met. Working settings: Spin down time = 60 minutes Refresh i…

• Hi, I have been reading the smartctl manual to understand what could possibly causing the non spin down of the hard drive. I disabled SMART in genral settings and disabled SMART for the single HD, but if I type smartctl --info I still get SMART support is: Enabled. I tried hard but I don't understand what I should be looking. I am not using RAID. I just use single disks mounted. Honestly I just wanted to install a NAS software, I am not an IO expert. I need help to debug my current the setup. Wh…

• Hi, this is the result of smartctl --all on one of the disks (the one that is not referenced): Source Code (94 lines) Just to make sure I make it right: You are suggesting to disable SMART from the web interface for the device and then activate the smart from terminal using smartctl -s on /dev/sdX ? What do you mean with '-o' section? Do I have to set the '-o' flag too? on or off? thanks

• Automount external USB HD

oppo1967o - - General

Hi, will try this package. And get back. Thanks a lot!

• Hi Community, I am writing again to get support on my problem. As in the first post, my data disks do not spin down. I have set all the relevant parameters, but simply they always stay active. I have tried to get support on this issue in this thread, but I have received an answer to use an external tool to discover what is writing to the disks. Unfortunately the tool does not run. Also, there is nothing writing to the disks as there is no read/write noise coming from the disks. And one of the di…

oppo1967o - - General

Hi all, no one? So, either it's too easy or it's too difficult I hope it's the former... as I am a noob!

• Hi , Quote from tkaiser: “If you did not cloned the repo then most probably just the executable bit? And trying to use sh instead of bash won't work. If you're where the iosnoop script is the following should fix the access bits and functionality: ” thanks for your quick reply. I had already set iosnoop to 777 before launching it. -rwxrwxrwx 1 1000 100 9112 set 6 10:33 iosnoop But doesn't work. "Permission denied" Even ./iosnoop -h or sudo ./iosnoop -h gives "Permission denied" Also running the …

• Quote from tkaiser: “Better ask iosnoop than people far away, having no access to your system and not the slightest idea how you configured stuff. ” Hi @tkasier, I have been trying to run iosnoop but I always get permission denied. Scripts downloaded from github.com/brendangregg/perf-tools. Run as root and as my local user with sudo, all these commands give me the same error: "Permission denied": iosnoop, ./iosnoop, sudo iosnoop, sudo ./iosnoop If I type sh iosnoop or sudo sh iosnoop or sudo sh …

• Hi @tkaiser, how can the all 5 data disk have activities? I just installed OMV with standard parameters. No tweaking yet. No access from clients, as there are no clients yet. Also, one of the disks is NOT even referenced. Only file system created, no shared folder created. So there could not be activities from outside OMV core accessing it. I will try iosnoop, but as a completely new installation there should be no IO access to data disks. What I am doing wrong?

• Hi all, I am setting up my second OMV server. This time I am trying to set a spin-down time for all the data disks. My configuration is: - No RAID - One SSD drive for the operating system + 5 individual SATA drives. - Drives are 3x8TB WD RED (5400 rpm) + 1x2.0TB Seagate + 1x1.5TB Seagate - SMART is enabled on all the disks with the following parameters: Power Mode = STANDBY and Check Interval = 1800 - No scheduled jobs So, for every disk, I have set in Storage -> Physical Disks -> Physical disk …

oppo1967o - - General

Hi, I am using OMV 3 and cannot find a solution for my problem: Whenever I attach a USB drive to my PC, I need OMV to automount it and to make it available to all users with read/write permissions via Samba and FTP. How can I do that? thanks