Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

• Is there any VM plugin for OMV 5?

TheBadFrag - - Plugins

Ah ok it's directly in the OMV-extras und not the plugin list. Didn't see that.... Thanks!

• Is there any VM plugin for OMV 5?

TheBadFrag - - Plugins

I didn't find any VM plugins even with the OMV-extras installed. Will there be a plugin any time soon?

• 10G Network Compatibility List?

TheBadFrag - - General

The T2 is basicly the same just with 2 ports on the card. That might be a good option as well. Thanks!

• OMV issue - 2xNVME = No LAN?

TheBadFrag - - General

I like to solve a problem and know the answer on what exactly went wrong. This is the only way I know what to do when it happens again. ...and there will be more NVME SSDs for sure... On OMV its not a big deal to make a fresh install but on my gaming system for example it takes a whole week of work to reinstall Windows and configure everything like it was before. (there is a ton of software on that thing) So in that case theres no other way than to find out what is actually wrong.

TheBadFrag - - General

Here is my thought on what went wrong: I installed OMV without the second NVME SSD. The LAN adapter was called "enp7s0" by OMV. Then I installed the NVME SSD. Now the name of the LAN adapter changed to "enp8s0". OMV still has the old LAN config on boot and doesn't realise that the hardware configuration has changed. So no LAN adapter gets activated because the default setting seems to be disable all. Maybe an admin can make some kind of a FAQ or sticky thread like: "How to install an NVME SSD in…

TheBadFrag - - General

Quote from subzero79: “Configure the network interfaces using omv-firstaid ” I did it! The server is back online with more NVME storage! That omv-firstaid thing works very simple and nicely! Even a linux noob can use that. Why is that not in autostart after you login with the command line? So good! Thank you very much! You're the man! Now I'm back to only 1 problem. My "not on it's own starting" FTP server.

TheBadFrag - - General

How do I do that? forum.openmediavault.org/index…d048af207ea8f89b24cf7facb This is from the OMV interface. The networkadapters in the OMV webinterface and in the console have different names?!?!? The now working LAN port in the console is named enp8s0.

TheBadFrag - - General

This is what I get with ip addr show: forum.openmediavault.org/index…d048af207ea8f89b24cf7facb Edit: When I enter "ip link set enp8s0 up" it turns the LEDs on the LAN port on but it doesn't get a connection. When I reboot the server the LEDs on the LAN port are off and "ip addr show" shows the adapter as "down" again. Ok another update! After I entered "dhclient enp8s0" my server has a working LAN connection again! Even the SSD is working. BUT every reboot the LAN ports are turned off again. How…

TheBadFrag - - General

So I get this from lspci: forum.openmediavault.org/index…d048af207ea8f89b24cf7facb The LAN adapters are there but don't do anything. This is very confusing.

TheBadFrag - - General

I use PuTTY all the time. ...but that needs an active LAN connection on the server...

TheBadFrag - - General

Quote from subzero79: “How do you know the lan ports are dead? Have you check lspci once Server has boot if the controllers are there ? ” The LEDs on the ports are off. Also I can't connect to the IP that the adapter has. The LEDs on the switch are off as well. So the adapters are not even syncing with the switch. This is the first time that I hear about that lspci check. Sorry this is my first time with Linux. I don't really know where to start looking, that's why I wrote this thread. I can fix…

TheBadFrag - - General

Yeah no BIOS update. It's already on the newest version. As long as I stay in the BIOS the SSD and the LAN works just fine. So when it's a Debian Issue... ...how can you fix that? Is there something like a device manager so I can somehow find anything out why my LAN ports will not work with the SSD? ...no I need the second NVME SSD. I can't store the data in the air. I will contact the Gigabyte support as well just to make sure.

TheBadFrag - - General

Ok it's definitely an OMV issue. I bought an adapter to put the SSD into a normal PCI-E Slot. Even the GPU slot which is wired directly into the CPU gives me the same error. As soon as OMV is booting the LAN ports are dead. I have no idea how to find out what is going on

• 10G Network Compatibility List?

TheBadFrag - - General

Hi there! Is there any list where I can look up what 10G network hardware is working with OMV? Or does anyone have an Intel X540-T1 and can confirm it working? I don't want any DIY-hacked-driver-special-install that takes 4 weeks to get it running. Thanks!

TheBadFrag - - General

The mainboard should work fine with 2 NVME drives... ...the manual says it at least. I guess I'll have to blow another 30€ at it to find out.

TheBadFrag - - General

On page 18 in the spreadsheet it says when the M2M M.2 slot(the lower slot) has a PCI-E SSD then PCIEX4_2 slot gets deactivated. That's fine because I don't need that slot. But it makes no sense that its a lane issue because it works in the bios. The SSD is present and I have LAN at the same time. Maybe I'll buy an adapter so I can put the SSD in a regular PCI-E slot.

TheBadFrag - - General

Quote from Adoby: “Not enough PCI Express lanes? Possibly you can use only one M.2 NVMe and one M.2 SATA, not two M2.NVME. You need to check the documentation for your MB. ” Quote from TheBadFrag: “The mainboard manual also shows no signs that the LAN ports will get deactivated with 2 NVME SSDs installed. ”

TheBadFrag - - General

I have another strange issue. As soon as I put my 2nd NVME SSD into the server both LAN ports go dead right when OMV starts boots. In the bios the SSD shows up just fine and I have lights on both LAN ports. The lights go out on the LAN ports exactly when the counter in the grub boot menu hits 0 and the boot begins. The mainboard manual also shows no signs that the LAN ports will get deactivated with 2 NVME SSDs installed. Hardware: Intel i3-8100 Gigabyte C246-WU4 2x Kingston Server Premier 8GB D…

• Quote from subzero79: “If there are in the same fs why don’t you make the whole drive a shared folder then it should move it instantly using the local file explorer. ” Because I have a lot of users with lots of different permissions. OMV doesn't allow a user access to a folder that's inside another folder that's blocked for him. This works on Windows but not on OMV. The only way I found to work around that is two different shares. The user read/write permissions are sadly linked to the user+shar…

• FTP issues

TheBadFrag - - FTP

Quote from SinE: “Hi Team, When I try to Activate the FTP server, appears an error: (Uploaded as a TXT file, because it has more than 10000 characters and is not able to be written in one post) WeTransfer If I accept the Error, seems that the Service is fine, but the shared folders doesn't appear when I connect tru a FTP Client. Any idea? I disabled the Service, and when I Activate again, the Error appear again. SSL/TTL are disabled Thanks! ” I have the exact same problem. Your server will no st…