Search Results

Search results 1-17 of 17.

• The issue was polling interval. I found the solution here: nmaggioni.xyz/2017/03/14/NUT-CyberPower-UPS/ Quote: “It turns out that many CyberPower products reset the USB interface if a driver has not connected for 20s. ” I changed the polling interval to 15 seconds and the problem went away.

• I have two brand new CyberPower UPSs and both of them have connection issues with OMV 4 using the NUT plugin 4.0.13-1. One is a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W. The other is a CyberPower BRG1500AVRLCD Intelligent LCD UPS System, 1500VA/900W. Both are supposed to be compatible with the usbhid-ups driver. Both have problems communicating over USB to the server (HP Z400). If I stop the UPS service and restart it, it works normally for a while, then loses communicatio…

• Quote from macom: “Quote from PimpMyNAS: “Maybe duplicati is what I need. I can schedule the backup of folders to run at a designated time every day from source folder to my external USB drive. ” You can do that with the rsync plugin. Have a look at the user guide linked in my signature. ” Thanks for your help. That's a good tutorial on rsync. OK, so the rsync service basically creates a cron job? This is a cron job I came up with after doing some testing with rsync: Source Code (1 line)

• Quote from macom: “What is noatime supposed to do? I cannot find it on the man page or rsync. Why don't you use the GUI of OMV to setup the rsync job? You can also specify a dry-run so you can check what is happening without actually copying files. ” noatime "do not alter atime when opening source files" Maybe duplicati is what I need. I can schedule the backup of folders to run at a designated time every day from source folder to my external USB drive.

• It looks like 'lsyncd' is what I need. Edit: **or not**

• rsync seems to be such a laborious and time consuming process. I did create an rsync script Source Code (1 line)Right now the source and destination are unchanged. I ran the script to see if it would quickly determine there were no new files and then quit. It's been running for hours and the load level is staying around 4.

• I was under the impression that usbbackup would continuously keep my shared folders synced with my external drive. It works fine manually, but that's it. If I keep the drive attached I it doesn't sync automatically. Am I doing something wrong? (I don't have the external drive mounted). Is there a way to do what I want to? In Windows I use an app called SyncBackFree that automatically syncs my PC's folders to my OMV shared folders.

• I just rebooted OMV again to test and this time the share didn't reappear. I guess I'll have to be happy with mapped drives for now.

• I turned off "Allow this server to try and become a local master server" (again) and now the OMV share is visible without having to disable/enable SMB/CIFS. I had done this before and the share didn't show up. But I made the changes listed in my posts above and hadn't turned off "Allow this server...". Now that I've turned it off with the changes I made it seems to be working. <knock on wood> If the issue comes back I'll update the thread. I have to say this is a very friendly forum. You guys an…

• Quote from SadButTrue: “Quote from PimpMyNAS: “Hey everyone, new user and I love OMV. One thing I've noticed and I wonder if it's a bug or a feature - when I reboot my OMV server the SMB share disappears from the Windows network. However, it can still be reached if say I use the explicit path to the shared folder. In order to make the SMB share name reappear in Windows I have to disable then reenable the SMB/CIFS service in OMV. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? Thanks. ” let …

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from PimpMyNAS: “The laptop I'm using to control OMV is on wifi. The server is plugged into the router. ” There's the problem in one sentence, I am not a believer in connecting anything to a routers ports, having used a few in my time. I have a powered switch anything on my network using ethernet is connected to the switch, then an ethernet connection from the router to the switch for internet access on the network. ” I've never heard anything like that before. But the …

• I followed the instruction in the web page in my previous post. This video gives even more detailed instructions and I completed them, too. I found that in advance network sharing I had sharing turned off, even though the other computers could still see my shares. Hmmm youtube.com/watch?v=RuhBdM7gPEs I still don't see the OMV server after it reboots from my Windows wifi computer, however, a computer on ethernet does see the OMV shares. In order for it to show up on my wifi computer I have to dis…

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from PimpMyNAS: “Windows 10 Pro, latest version. ” Same, anything using wireless? or any ethernet plugged into your router ” The laptop I'm using to control OMV is on wifi. The server is plugged into the router. I found this while searching. Maybe it might help someone with the same issue I have. I just did this, so I don't know if it's a permanent fix. winaero.com/blog/network-compu…-windows-10-version-1803/

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from PimpMyNAS: “I'm not as young as the average user ” Neither am I but we won't mention that What version of windows 10? ” Windows 10 Pro, latest version.

• Quote from geaves: “Quote from PimpMyNAS: “One thing I've noticed and I wonder if it's a bug or a feature - when I reboot my OMV server the SMB share disappears from the Windows network. ” What is OMV running on? Turn off Enable master browser in SMB/CIFS ” It's running on a HP Z400 with 16gb RAM, 32tb storage. Massive overkill, but it might take care of my storage needs for the rest of my life. <cough> I'm not as young as the average user. <cough, cough> Thanks for the suggestion, but I started…

• Quote from Adoby: “Don't reboot the OMV server. Problem solved! ” It's a new installation and I'm still making changes. After I get it the way I want it, I back it up with Clonezilla. When I boot the system again the SMB share has disappeared from my network. Then, I watch more videos, read about more plugins, add more stuff and back it up again. Reboot. Rinse. Repeat.

• Hey everyone, new user and I love OMV. One thing I've noticed and I wonder if it's a bug or a feature - when I reboot my OMV server the SMB share disappears from the Windows network. However, it can still be reached if say I use the explicit path to the shared folder. In order to make the SMB share name reappear in Windows I have to disable then reenable the SMB/CIFS service in OMV. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.