Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Configure OMV Update Lists

ryecoaaron - - General

This isn't a problem with your ISP. This was an issue with teamviewer's repo. It seems to be fixed now.

• WIth OMV 5.x, I recommend using Raspbian Lite (not the full image with the desktop environment!) on all RPis and installing OMV using my script. Since Armbian doesn't really support the RPi family, I think Raspbian Lite is a better choice. I spent a lot of time making sure the script does the right things to make sure OMV works well on it (especially the RPi4). Here is the guide - forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Armbian-Supported-SBC-s/

• Kernel question

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from moreje: “here is the output: ” Not sure why the pve-kernel-5.0 package is removed but it needs to be installed.

• Quote from seed: “ut part of me is thinking that if I use proxmox and portainer with swarm i wouldn't need OMV anymore? ” If you know how to setup all of that stuff, I wouldn't force yourself to use OMV. There are some things that it is easier to use OMV to do. Having it on the system doesn't really hurt anything.

• Quote from seed: “Do I really need OMV for this? ” I don't know. Do you? I don't use OMV or portainer for my docker stuff. Maybe it would be easier to setup nfs and/or samba if you need it?

• Banned Account

ryecoaaron - - General

I unbanned that account quite a while ago.

• Quote from seed: “Can you elaborate on what you mean here? Running containers in a VM somewhat blows my mind sometimes. ” OMV is installed on one VM and I have an Ubuntu 18 VM that is my docker host running all of the containers I use. Most apps don't know a VM isn't a real machine. So, there is no problem doing this. In fact, this is how VMware does containers in their implementations present and future. The VM is just as lightweight as possible to do nothing but run containers. Quote from seed…

• Kernel question

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from moreje: “Anyone could explain me what could prevent me to access this update? ” It might be installed but not properly. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep pve-kernel

• Quote from seed: “Is it wise to run proxmox across the board then setup OMV as a VM then setup my containers ” I run a proxmox cluster at home. OMV is a VM. But my containers are on a separate VM that is only containers. Quote from seed: “Will I have better resiliency this way? ” Depends. You have to have shared storage between the three nodes to really make it resilient. You have enough nodes to do that though.

• mergerfs and shared folders

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from j1a: “I'm asking if I'm meant to be able to create multiple mergerFS filesystems on the same disks? It lets me do it, but then the "share folders" tab of OMV is showing them all with the same name, even though I have named them differently. ” Actually, it is what I was saying. All the folders on all the disks are pooled but you still want another pool. This is what I don't understand. But back to the problem. You are creating the exact same pools but OMV can't tell the difference betw…

• mergerfs and shared folders

ryecoaaron - - General

The current idea of the unionfilesystems plugin is to pool filesystems. It has never really made much sense to me to pool folders but people have asked for it. So, it will end up in the plugin sometime.

• Best choice to upgrade

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from Adoby: “32 bit ARM is limited to 16TB filesystems. So I assume if I get an even bigger HDD, in the future, I will have to partition it so no partition is bigger than16TB. But I don't think there would be any problem using a even bigger drive with HC2. ” xfs, zfs, and I think btrfs support larger than 16tb filesystems on 32 bit systems. And basically if a system supports a 4tb drive, it should support much larger.

• USB Backup Plugin - Preemptive Query

ryecoaaron - - General

No matter what, don't use the same filesystem label on the drives. Make sure they are unique.

• Login problem

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from andrzej: “can add IP to exceptions for input and output. ” This isn't an OMV problem. Your browser is reporting a different IP address than the system connecting to OMV. What are the IP addresses of the computer on the network? I have never seen this issue.

• Login problem

ryecoaaron - - Network

I guess your browser is doing something strange to spoof or hide the REMOTE_ADDR. Are you connecting through a firewall/port forwarding?

• Login problem

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from andrzej: “the issue still exists. ” You didn't fix the other issue... What is the output of: ip a and what url are you using to access the web interface?

• Login problem

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from andrzej: “Raspbian Buster with desktop ” We recommend against having a desktop environment installed due to problems it can cause with OMV. I would also try clearing your browser cache.

• Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

ryecoaaron - - Docker

If the internal ports are the same but the external ports are different, there are no problems.

• miniDLNA change db path

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from fbohnen: “Has anyone an idea how to solve that? Pleeeese ” Stop manually changing the config file. Read problem #8 - forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/ That said, there is no way to change it without changing the plugin. Why do you want to move it? It isn't very big. No one has needed that in the six years since I wrote the plugin. You could always run minidlna in docker if you really want to move it. The only reason I still maintain this plugin is because it is …

• Network Failed

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from MrVince: “WTF ? I have a critical errors when i try to post and now I have 3 threads. Sorry ” Problem #4 explains this forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/