Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 36.

• Another dumb question

OFcrankin - - General

Now that I have replaced a drive in my RAID 5 (and have a new drive serial number), should I create a new image of my OMV?

• Thank you once again

OFcrankin - - General

The other day my OMV emails me and tells me that a drive in my 3 drive RAID 5 is failing SMART and failure is imminent. So I order a new drive, back up the data on the RAID, and ask here (just to be sure) what the recovery procedure is. The answer is pretty simple, so even an OF like me is not intimidated. The new drive arrives, I pull the failed one and replace it with the new one, wipe the new one with OMV, and hit "recover" in RAID management. A few hours later, my RAID is back, not a bit of …

• 3 drive RAID 5, replace drive

OFcrankin - - RAID

Thank you. Do I use the "recover" tab under RAID Management?

• 3 drive RAID 5, replace drive

OFcrankin - - RAID

Can someone give me the short version of how to do this? Thank you very much.

• Re: Performance advice?

OFcrankin - - General

I'll try to keep this brief and fail miserably. I've tried a lot of stuff, more than I can remember to tell about here, but I'm not sure how much I trust how I'm doing it or the software I'm using. Results vary widely. Any comments would be welcome. First: donh, thanks for the link. On my setup, disabling flow control resulted in a decrease in network speed, so I went back to enabled. Ryecoaaron – Although I'm very happy with a raid speed of 331 MB/s, I have to ask, is RAID 5 a force multiplier?…

OFcrankin - - General

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “Well, that doesn't make much sense. What size of files are you transferring?” It didn't make much sense to me. Usually, 400 MB. I've got a few more things to try and am visiting a friend this weekend. Don't go away, if you don't hear from me for a few days don't think I've given up.

OFcrankin - - General

I just connected my main directly to my OMV. If anything, performance was worse. I did this to see if my router was the problem, apparently it's not. New NIC? Or NICs?

OFcrankin - - General

Maybe not as long as you think I think we need to look elsewhere. Source Code (3 lines) What next?

OFcrankin - - General

UUID? is this it? Source Code (2 lines) If so, I will run it tomorrow. Thank you for your help!

• Performance advice?

OFcrankin - - General

Hi, I'm back :twisted: I've been reading a lot in the forum about how you guys that are experts consider acceptable read/write speeds to be in the 100 MB/s range. I'm not getting anywhere near that. Reads average from 55 to 75 MB/s, writes are in the 40s. Admittedly, I'm doing this on the cheap, and this may be the best I can do with what I have, but I wanted to see if you could advise me on ways to speed up my system. Here's what I have. My OMV is a Dell Optiplex 755 with a Core 2 Duo E6550 and…

• Re: Concerns about Cron-apt- SOLVED

OFcrankin - - General

.5.41 seems to have worked, no more spam from Cron-Apt, and the notification test email still works! On to other things. Gotta try a few plugins and improve performance. I'm certain I'll need more help :oops:

• Re: Concerns about Cron-apt

OFcrankin - - General

Right you are, I just installed it! I will let you folks know how it works

OFcrankin - - General

Any idea when it will be released? My Update Manager says .5.40 is the latest out.

OFcrankin - - General

Can I just upgrade though the webui, David?

OFcrankin - - General

Hi, folks, thanks again for your help. WastlJ - yes, I still receive emails. 2 this morning, 3 hours apart. David - no, I didn't file any bugtracker report. tekkbebe - You are correct, and I agree, it shouldn't work - but it does. I sent a test email last night and got that, too, after some delay. And the password in OMV is still my old password, not my new one. One interesting thing I found out from messing with my email account online is that Charter is moving from POP format to IMAP - maybe t…

OFcrankin - - General

Quote from "davidh2k": “You see, sometimes the solution ist just a reboot away. Greetings David” Many times it is, but not this time. That's not what I meant - the system has been doing (and continues to do) exactly what I want, with the exception of cron-apt spamming me. We're now entering creepy territory. As I said, I changed my password on my primary email account, which I have OMV set to use as an SMTP server. I didn't, however, change the password in OMV. This should have stopped ANY notif…

OFcrankin - - General

Did a reboot, David, everything seems to be running.

OFcrankin - - General

Quote from "davidh2k": “Did you reboot since changing the config? Greetings David” I didn't change the config, did I? Or do you mean by installing pastebinit?

OFcrankin - - General

Quote from "tekkbebe": “You should search through anything you post for personal infromation beforre you post it. Remove it or black it out in paint.” I agree, but it would be helpful to know what the output of a command will be before you tell your machine to post it to a public web site. I realize a lot of this is on me for not knowing how to navigate in Linux CLI, but damn. I appreciate everyone's patience and efforts to help. I'm not a computer idiot, just a Linux idiot. I don't really need …

OFcrankin - - General

Let's try your code box. Source Code (12 lines) This says, even to an idiot like me, that I have notification for cronapt turned off.