Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• Autoshutdown, useful but undocumented

Ansem - - Plugins

Quote from WastlJ: “Yes. It checks if for example the port is being used, the IP is online or something else. If none of the thins are given, it shuts your NAS down. ” Thanks So How can I say to ASD to suspend my pc at 3AM for example? I simply need to create a scrpt to suspend my pc at 3am while ASD plug-in is active?

Ansem - - Plugins

Sorry for the necro posting, but I'm too having trouble with the documentation of autoshutdown. So from the post autoshutdown is a script that will intercept the comman "pm-suspend" and check if I can suspend my nas right? So if I have a script for suspend the nas with "pm-suspend" at X hour, autoshutdown will check everything I have setted and eventually prevent my nas to suspend right?

Ansem - - Plugins

Sorry for the necro posting, but I'm too having trouble with the documentation of autoshutdown. So from the post autoshutdown is a script that will intercept the comman "pm-suspend" and check if I can suspend my nas right? So if I have a script for suspend the nas with "pm-suspend" at X hour, autoshutdown will check everything I have setted and eventually prevent my nas to suspend right?

• Script to suspent my nas?

Ansem - - General

Hi guys, I want to create a script that will suspent my nas. Right now I already have a script that will automatically wake up my NAS into "scheduled job tab" (NOT power mangement->scheduled job) /usr/sbin/rtcwake -m disk -s 64800 So what command should I use to choose the time of the shutdown? I found those commands: echo 'pmi action suspend' | at 3am echo pm-suspend | at 3am (do I need to put "sudo" before at?) is it right? Whyt this use the 3am format and not the seconds? Also, can I write 3:…

• hi guys, from a while I have this python-libtorrent 0.16.18-1 to update into the update manager, but I don't have it if I try to update from apt-get update,upgrade when using ssh. If I try to update I get this error: Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the si…

• I had the same problem, resolved with rufus and connecting to USB2.0 now i'm stuck with the network card. Maybe because I have the latest H170 chipset, OMV can't detect it even if i tell him that is the intel PRO

• hi at all! I have a big problem with OMV: I'm trying to install it on my new PC with asrock h170M pro4S, intel g4400 e and 8gb of ram. When i select the keyboard lenguage, i always have an error telling me that I don't a CD drive, so OMV doesn't know where to find drivers. It tells me to go after that point, but when I try I have error again! How can I install OMV? edit: resolved thank to rufus and usb 2.0

• Can I use ntfs as main file system?

Ansem - - General

Thanks I'll go for ext4 so

• Windows or OMV?

Ansem - - General

Hi at all guys. I'm building a NAS with a pentium g4400,8gb of ram and chipset h170 for the raid1 hardware support. What I need to do with this nas is: - share the hard drive on my lan, maybe on internet one day. Still not sure about it - run a plex server - download things with torrent - run a small virtual machine Now I was thinking about which os was the best suited for this: OMV, windows 10 or windows server 2012? I already have free licence for windows 10 and 2012 thanks to university, so t…

• Why use omv over Windows?

Ansem - - Off-Topic

Hi guys. I'm building a nas with a Pentium g4400 and 8gb of ram. What I want to do is simply: - share my hard drive in raid 1 with my other computers - download things with torrent - have a plex server - maybe run a small virtual machine for email server. I had a doubt about which is use: omv, windows 10 or windows server 2012? Which one would you suggest and why?

• Can I use ntfs as main file system?

Ansem - - General

Hi guys. I'm building a nas with Pentium g4400 and 8gb of ram. The thing is that I still don't know if I want to use omv or Windows 10/server 2012 on it. So I wanted to ask if it's possible to use ntfs instead of ext4 as main file system. It's possible or you suggest to avoid that?

• OMV and NTFS?

Ansem - - General

Hi guys, i want to build a nas with OMV. The thing is: I don't know if i'll always use this pc with OMV, or if one day i'll want to swtich to windows 10 and simply share the hard drives. So just in case that i'll switch to windows, I want to know if it's possibile to use NTFS instead of ext4. There is any particular reason to avoid NTFS? thanks to all of you!