Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Stuck at Filesystem Creation

geaves - - General

Only suggestion would be to wipe is again using OMV then reformat it

geaves - - General

Quote from Raistlin666: “Now I'm getting this error while trying to mount the HDD: ” That makes no sense as it's looking for an NTFS signature, was this drive used on a windows machine.

• Error when try to pull image

geaves - - Docker

Quote from Sharifin: “Even other images that i tried to pull prompts the same error msg. ” This points more to an internet or dns related issue, I've also seen some issues if the date and time are not set in the gui. In OMV-Extras from the Update dropdown is there an apt-clean option.

geaves - - General

Quote from Raistlin666: “With the OMV GUI ” the other usual issue related to the Pi is power the fact that it gets so far in formatting the drive might indicate this. There is a sticky on the Pi forums whilst this is in relation to data transfer it may be of some help.

geaves - - General

The usual question here is how did you wipe the drive.

• Error when try to pull image

geaves - - Docker

Quote from Sharifin: “haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest ” There is the error for the Pi you need to specify haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest-armhf if you don't add a tag the plugin uses :latest by default.

• Problem with RAID 5 under OMV 5.0.5

geaves - - RAID

Quote from boumboum: “I wiped my 3x HDD ” How?

• mdadm on omv 4.1.27-1

geaves - - General

Quote from Rd65: “This is straight a Bug in the script. ” There's no bug in the script! this has been used a number of times with users I have helped on the forum. Quote from Rd65: “To get the right parameters for the Array in mdadm.conf i always use # mdadm --detail --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf to get the right parameters ” this is not the way to create an mdadm conf in OMV. Quote from Rd65: “I moved the Array from a old installation and hardware (debian,webmin) to a new hardware and after t…

• mdadm on omv 4.1.27-1

geaves - - General

Ok, we're just going around in circles as you give me more information, have you simply tried renaming mdadm.conf file then running omv-mkconf mdadm. Quote from Rd65: “And omv-initsystem is used after installation changes and after new installations to update the omv config.xml from System Values. ” I know this, but simply changing a NIC does not affect this sort of change, as I stated in my post 4 I've done this myself, but to do it and ensure that it went without a hitch I did not connect any …

• mdadm on omv 4.1.27-1

geaves - - General

Have you tried to stop the array? normally this would be mdadm --stop /dev/md0 or md127 so would mdadm --stop /dev/md/raid work? I don't know

• Quote from pikzi: “albeit a bit slowly ” It's a 6TB drive

• Quote from pikzi: “I did fdisk /dev/sdz/ d w ” No! wipe it OMV's GUI

• Quote from pikzi: “The other strange thing is that the create file system window outputs this: ” Did you wipe the drive before creating a filesystem

• mdadm on omv 4.1.27-1

geaves - - General

Quote from Rd65: “i changed network cards, so i must reconfigure things. ” No, all you need to do is to reconfigure the network card! I have moved a working OMV (with software raid) from a big old server box to a smaller server box, transferred all the drives but did not connect started the new server, ran omv-firstaid to configure the NIC, reboot to confirm, shutdown connected all the drives and restarted, that was it no other configuration. Look at the output of your lsblk your raid is being r…

• mdadm on omv 4.1.27-1

geaves - - General

Quote from Rd65: “i get an Error on omv-mkconf. ” Why are you running this anyway as the rest of your post gives no indication there is a problem. Quote from Rd65: “So why is "omv-mkconf mdadm" complaining about a operator error at the Array definition? And at which operator? ” Because each array has a definition where /dev/md? with the ? being a number. Was the raid created using OMV, what does Raid Management show you in the GUI.

• Quote from vatastala: “I cannot believe this happened, for sure I did something wrong ” Yes I would agree with that. Quote from vatastala: “but If I want to install again OMV and create a new array with a filesystem like ext4 I don't want this again in the future... ” There is no reason why it should and there are a number of reasons a filesystem can become corrupt some of which are beyond the end users control. The Ctrl-D option means the system has booted to recovery/emergency mode due to a pr…

• Well mine works and I get an email with the output; forum.openmediavault.org/index…8cc05dddd9427ce847128b4b2

• Quote from spruced: “i didn't need to run omv-mkconf fstab nor reboot for things to start working correctly again. ” You're welcome I referenced the mkconf due to the fstab error from one of your outputs.

• OMV Raid on a ESXi Server for VMs

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Pascal51882: “I want to add to my existing Server 2 HDDs for Raid 5 with 8TB WD Reds/Ironwolfs. ” the raid will only be as large as the 2 x 2TB drives, you can't mix drive sizes in a raid array. Quote from Pascal51882: “Is it right that the NFS Share from my OMV raid is shared over the NIC from my Server to my router and back to the NIC? ” That doesn't make sense and why would it do that. Quote from Pascal51882: “The plan would be: ESXi -> OMV5 VM (with Raid 5 for my NFS Datastore) ->…

• Why do you have Every N minute and Every N hour enabled? You do realise when you enable those it will run the EVERY * minute! Quote from Nefertiti: “Still not working and issue with output email: ” Some where on the forum there is an explanation on how to do this, in fact in the OMV docs, but if you try to use gmail there is a warning regrading security.