Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• Hi I noted that USB Backup plug in does not start automatically when I plug in the drive (I can see in HTOP no rsync starts). When I manually start tasks for shared folders, I can see the rsync working, so it seems to work. Any known error that may prevent the USB backup Plug-in from starting when the drive is attached? I assume the USB drive does not have to be mounted manually? Thx! daNick

• Crash with 4.19 BPO from OMV Extras

daNick73 - - General

Thx for the additional advice, but I guess I am at (or beyond) my technical limits here So, I will watch whether what I have works as expected and maybe see how things develop. Nevertheless: thx for helping me on this, much appreciated!

daNick73 - - General

Thx @ness1602!!! Your hint got me on track, it seems: I boot 4.19 BPO now with the option amdgpu.dc=0 That prevents me from using a screen attached to the NAS, but I can access the system now using web interface and SSH, so for the time being it is OK ( I run headless anyway). With 4.19 BPO, VirtualBox works. THX to all for advice, next time I may indeed consider using more legacy HW... THX nico

daNick73 - - General

@ness1602 Thank you for looking into this. The issue is that the screen just blanks after seconds... I cannot see what errors may come up. It is like it totally crashes, I dont know how to identify at what stage exactly. Any recommendation? I searched around a lot, but couldnt find it. I could also experiment, if someone gives me hint / commands/ link how I may just install 4.18 BPO instead of 4.19.... if that was at all enough for Virtualbox. All combinations of search words I used got me deepe…

daNick73 - - General

Hello Disclaimer: I know this is not a general Debian forum and I truly spent the last hours (3-6am) searching for a solution and became a personal friend of Clonezilla. Issue is that my search terms are apparently so generic that I end up in “Linux hell”. Aim: Run VirtualBox on OMV (it used to work on this machine, not sure what happened ...) machine Athlon 200ge on b450 mb situation OMV is freshly installed and configured All works as expected issue: I installed OMV - Extras This added install…

• Thx for taking the time, likely I killed something in the filesystem. Looks like I should look Into Clonezilla and then reinstall... in that order again: THX! daNick

• Hi All, I somehow crashed my system over OMV configurations ... Issue at hand: system crashes when trying to start the 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 options (see picture) ("crash" means the system switches to a blank screen when attached to a monitor, is not reachable via SSH or webinterface) Kernel 4.9.0-8-amd64 boots in both options ("works" = webinterface and SSH are up, I can work with keyboard and monitor) I need the backport in particular for VirtualBox. Is there any easy way to fix things here? Or…

• SATA errors

daNick73 - - General

Hi @tkaiser Coming back to this thread. I did the suggested Command line used: iozone -e -I -a -s 100M -r 4k -r 16k -r 512k -r 1024k -r 16384k -i 0 -i 1 -i 2 on my new WD Red 6 TB (no RAID). Copying is slow and I am looking into issues. Can you help to interpret if Source Code (10 lines) indicates obvious (e.g. SATA or cable) errors? THX!Nico

• Quick follow up: I have OMV 4 up and running on Gigabyte Arous M (mATX b450) Athlon 200GE M.2 NVME (beware: this reduces SATA ports from 6 to 4! Without too much challenges (Debian install, OMV manually, I installed proprietary Realtek drivers, backports etc) VirtualBox works BUT MAke sure to activate AMD-v / Virtualisation in BIOS! I will still have to tweak speed (iperf seem fine, but Helio LAN only hits 70 MB/s), but it seems to run OK, idling So, b450 w/ Athlon 200ge seems a possible Option.…

• Virtualbox on omv4

daNick73 - - Plugins

@kekec888 1. Thank you for the script... it seems to do what is expected (it starts VMs, not sure where I would see if it REALLY saved the state (or just started newly): 2. Is there a chance to enhance the script a bit: Your scrip starts ALL VMs, but I may want to have only some started, not all. Is that doable? If that helped, I could change the name of the VM to start (or include) the word "AUTOSTART" if that had Thx again! Nico

• thx. so, I understand there is no reason to move the VirtualBox VMs to a different partition, they can go on the same as OMV. Correct? Nico

• Hi I want to set up my new DIY NAS soon. System is a B450/ Athlon 200GE. Bootmedium is a 240 GB M.2 NVME SSD. I will do a Debian Stretch install and then manually install OMV 4. I want to use OMV’s VirtualBox plug in and want to have the VM images on the faster SSD. Request: What is your recommendation for partitioning the 240 GB for use with OMV? Thx for considering! Regards Nico

• @tkaiser MANY MANY THANKS for the lightning fast response. I read here quite a bit and your dedication to help others is amazing! 1. On PSU (I already noted you do all to save the world from useless power consumption): any other recommendation for me to look into (just a product name would be sufficient, I can research myself)? Assumption: The platform may be used ultimately for a PC for my kids, so a PicoPSU that can impossible handle a separate GPU would not be ideal). 2. On compatibility: Sin…

• Hallo, Ich plane mein OMV neu aufzusetzen und will dabei von bisheriger HW (HP MicroServer N40L mit AMD Turion II Neo N40L Dual-Core) wechseln, um Reserven zu haben Aufgaben/ Vorgaben zentraler Fileserver für bis zu 5 PCs TimeMachine für 2 oder 3 MACs Windows Backups für 2 oder 3 PCs Plattform für IOT Anwendungen, insbesondere ioBroker (zZt separater Raspberry, würde ich gerne umziehen, geplant ist DOCKER) maximal 4 HDDs Gehäuse muss aus Platzgründen sehr kompakt sein (ggw geplant Cooler Master …

• Hallo, Ich versuche, eine AFP Freigabe zu löschen. AFP läuft grundsätzlich, Freigabe sind über den Mac Finder zugreifbar. Nach dem Drücken von "Anwenden" (Dialog: "Änderung anwenden) erhalte ich folgende Fehlermeldung: Source Code (1 line)Hat jemand einen "Verdacht", wo ich weiter suchen kann? Danke! daNick

• Automounting AFP Shares -

daNick73 - - AFP

Hi I set up Shares on OMV for AFP. On my iMac (High Sierra) I edited /etc/auto_afp to have shares mounted automatically to /Volumes/(ShareNAME) /../Volumes/Bilder-NAS -fstype=afp,rw afp://192.168.178.2:/Bilder-NAS /../Volumes/Music-NAS -fstype=afp,rw afp://192.168.178.2:/Music-NAS /../Volumes/Daten-NAS -fstype=afp,rw afp://192.168.178.2:/Daten-NAS /../Volumes/Software-NAS -fstype=afp,rw afp://192.168.178.2:/Software-NAS /../Volumes/Filme-NAS -fstype=afp,rw afp://192.168.178.2:/Filme-NAS All shar…

• MacOS and OMV - SMB vs Apple FIling

daNick73 - - General

Hi I always used SMB, but updating to OMV 4, speed became a problem. I now "found out" that one can use Apple Filing not only for Time Machine, but also for normal shares ... likely no surprise for many Until now, it is fast and reliable My question: Are there any disadvantage for using AFP over SMB (if only Apple devices are used in home network) that I should consider? Thank you! Regards Nico

• +1 - Same error when running apt-get update... unsure if it has a negative impact

• Hi I decided to remove a drive from my Greyhole Pool (still on OMV2) (pool has 4 drives, reducing to 3) To do that, I went to the Plug-in Settings, changed in "Pools" the status of the drive to "going". I expected that I would now see load balancing and then get a message I can safely remove the drive. Instead, the info for the drive changed instantly to: "NaN undefined" The drive doesn't appear when I do greyhole -s on command line. For obvious reasons, I want to avoid data loss Questions: 1. I…

• Hi Set up: Working OMV (1.19) with Greyhole, all working, OMV shares show correctly on my iMac. All fine , thx for OMV Now the issue: I am backing up to USB with the backup plug in. Issue: The USB backup tool seems to access the physical device rather than the share, thus if the files are not on the specific HDD, the backup doesnt work. To illustrate: I started backup for a folder "movies" the folder contains all files, when access as SMB/CIF However, the backup tool starts, showing: Please wait…