Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Hmmm, i think the better approach is to contact the author of the image and request to use a common device name schema instead of introducing its own. As an alternative simply add these two files to your installation, thus it will survive updates. /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/backend/sata.inc PHP Source Code (13 lines)/usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/99wdhomestoragedevicebackend.inc PHP Source Code (6 lines)

• Can you point us to some docs or specs of this hardware. Is there a guide available that describes how to replace the shipped software with something else based on Linux. Maybe we can enhance the backend to support it properly.

• I'm sorry, can't help you here because i do not have Apple desktop hardware to test this. Maybe someone else can help to fix that,

• This is not a common device name schema for SATA devices, so it is not implemented in the backend. If you can point me to an official kernel documentation that this is common, then it's no problem to implement and support that device name schema.

• system log of the day before

votdev - - General

You have to use the CLI because logrotate has compressed it already.

• Quote from benibilme: “Quote from mira67: “I did everything as you say, using Ubuntu server with Docker, but the simplicity of configuration you have with OMV is priceless. What I did in a week of work with Ubuntu server I did in a day with OMV ” This is the reason I am here, but docker path taken by OMV even for basic services will be beneficial to developers but not to the end users, to the "both of us". ” Nobody, absolute nobody has told that plugins will be replaced by Docker completely, tha…

• Openmediavaut Systems Crashed

votdev - - General

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from votdev: “This is very simple with OMV5. Copy your backup to /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and execute # omv-salt stage run deploy ” Is this approach valid only for OMV5 or is this also applicable to migrate from OMV4 to OMV5? ” No, only for OMV5 because there are some database changes done for OMV5. But you can migrate a OMV4 database to OMV5 manually with Source Code (1 line) for example. !!! ATTENTION !!! you need to know exactly from and to which version to…

votdev - - General

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from votdev: “To make it short, it is not trivial to implement a backup/restore feature and there are currently other topics on the todo list with much more higher priority. ” At least a limited configuration backup possibility would be really, really helpful, which e.g. only includes the configuration of the OMV base system (users + permissions, shared folders and shares etc.).So in terms of the extent of what is possible with OMV, as long as no other plugin is ins…

votdev - - General

Quote from Erikk: “Hmm.. did I understand it correctly, there is no backup settings tool/pluging for OMV? How come? ” The current problem is that there is no relation between the plugin version and the data stored in the database by this plugin. The new configuration layer in OMV5 using SaltStack is one of many steps into the direction to support a config backup/restore feature. But the most important feature is the database that needs a infrastructure to migrate an older one. There is already a…

• Error when try to pull image

votdev - - Docker

github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…ault-docker-gui/issues/87 github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…avault-docker-gui/pull/88

votdev - - Docker

I fear you can not do anything right at the moment. You hit a bug caused by a race condition. I will open a bug issue for the Docker plugin. You need to wait until the plugin developer has fixed it.

• @subzero79 The next big thing is the new UI in OMV6 which is sadly absolutely necessary because Sencha does not ship any ExtJS updates anymore and the latest ExtJS framework is not GPL'ed anymore. So i have to switch to a open framework which is Angular and Angular Material in this case. The planned REST API for OMV7 is optional, the PHP RPC interface will still exist in parallel. So with OMV6 the API and UI should be a stable foundation.

• php7.3-fpm sock failed

votdev - - Updates/Upgrades

Die einfachste Lösung wird sein alle Konfigurationen für SMART zu löschen und anschließend neu anzulegen. Source Code (1 line)

• php7.3-fpm sock failed

Was den Salt Fehler angeht, da scheint Deine Datenbank korrupt zu sein. Es darf und kann eigentlich nicht möglich sein dass es einen doppelten Eintrag für ein und das selbe Device (ata-WDC_WD40EFRX-68WT0N0_WD-WCC4E2049465) gibt.

• php7.3-fpm sock failed

Vielleicht sollten wir zunächst einfach mal die einzelnen Komponenten Konfigurieren: Source Code (2 lines)

• You are right, containers are not the final solution. But the problem for the current developers is that there are too much plugins and less developers. The eco system of fully integrated (non Docker) plugins can only increase if there are more developers. The current situation is that 99,9999999% users are only claiming for plugins, but none of them are willing to contribute to the project. I think you see the problem. It is like everywhere, nowadays people think everything is for less, but nob…

• php7.3-fpm sock failed

Das folgende Kommando erstellt ALLE Konfigurationsdateien, daher wird es auch einige Zeit laufen, also nicht wundern. Source Code (1 line)Das Kommando omv-mkconf gibt es in OMV5 nicht mehr, statt dessen omv-salt verwenden.

votdev - - Docker

Are you on the latest version? This error should not occur anymore since many versions.

• OMV5 is more or less stable. Because the whole configuration layer has been changed, there might me still some bugs for none common setting scenarios. But I think you have no choice, OMV4 will not get new features and will be replaced by OMV5 soon.

• Maybe it's included, but as you see, it does not work. With OMV5 is should definitively work. Note that it is not enough to enable the VFS objects in SMB, you also need to configure Avahi correctly. This is all done in OMV5 automatically.