Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

• OMV on Buffalo 421de NAS?

lucamoiana - - Commercial

ok, that works, but it's for one disk. I need at least 2. My actual system, running poorly on Rpi, has a USB hub with 4 disks attached, each with a different pourpose

sounds like no option for me. Any suggestion on cheap NAS to flash OMV on? I was also checking zyxel personal cloud (FreeScale Dual Core Cortex-A9 1.2 GHz)

Thanks for the answer .... I'll look into it before buying

Hi, I'm a huge fan of OMV but I'm feed up with Raspberry limitation, considering buying a Buffalo 421de NAS from eaby and flash OMV on it. Is this duable? any tutorial on that? I'm waiting on your reply before placing my bid Thanks

• Amlogic S905X

lucamoiana - - Motherboards

More details on this? I just got my hands on a tvbox mxq pro 4K, what omv image should I install? How? Thanks

• Enough of Rpi, now what?

lucamoiana - - My NAS Build

Ok, last question: Are we talking about these boards? HardKernel odroid della C2 einplatinen di computer, 1,5 GHz Quadcore, 2 GB RAM, 4 X USB amazon.it/dp/B01CY4V5LC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IanOBbAZ2N0C3 NanoPi Scheda demo con UbuntuCore NEO2 Allwinner H5, 64 bit, ad alte prestazioni, Quad-Core A53 amazon.it/dp/B0728LPB2R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KbnOBbD37FFF8

Ok, so would you use: C1 or else for torrents and plex And what else for photos on raid ?

Thanks for your help. My goal is to save money and use minimum power, what I need is to manage: One disk, possibly the one I already have, dedicated to torrent and plex; An external USB disk dedicated to my photos; An external USB disk backing up my photos. All connected with Ethernet plug and serving two pc and one smart tv and an Apple TV first gen with Volumio. I was curious to use Odroid but I dunno if it can handle external USB disks

Hi I've been playing around with Rpi 3 and OMV4 with the goal to reuse parts that I have sitting around and don't waste energy. I did try with Rpi3 but I keep having troubles with OMV4, you can easy tell by the number of my posts, recently my Rpi3 keeps loosing the attached USB disks. Enough. Here is my question: what is the best hardware to low consumption, low noise and good performance? Ideally I'd like to reuse spare parts that I have: AsRock E350M1 with very noisy fan 4Gb Corsair Ddr3 1333M…

• New install without losing data?

lucamoiana - - General

Thanks. What about existing folders, will I be able to share them? Will it be good to copy config.xml or some part?

lucamoiana - - General

What about ownership and permissions? Can it be a problem? do I have to create same users? thanks

lucamoiana - - General

after the install will I be able to see the disk without initialising it?

lucamoiana - - General

Hi, I have a raspberry pi 3 running omv 4 with an attached usb 1Tb disk with data. What I'd like to do it's a fresh install, due to some configuration problems i did, without losing data on the 1Tb disk; any tutorial on that? thanks for your help

• Problem while settings ACL

lucamoiana - - General

Yes it is

• Problem while settings ACL

lucamoiana - - General

While settings permissions on "shared folders" for a USB volume attached to raspberry pi with OMV3 I get this error: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; getfacl --no-effective --access -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-download/watch' 2>&1' with exit code '1': getfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-download/watch: No such file or directory WHAT CAN I DO?

• Hi, I did solve the problem, using hdparm and some tutorial online. I could stop 3 2 disks out of 3, the last one is a usb powered udb that keeps spinning. Since this one is set to copy folders using usb sync plugin, can I turn it off and on at regular time? thanks

• thanks, So it's not a OMV or raspberry problem? can I do something like firmware update? any suggestion for new usb enclosure? thanks

• Hi, I'm running OMV3 on raspberry, and I know it's not the best system but I'm ok with that, and I have attached three usb disk: WD mybook 2TB self powered LaCie 1TB self powered Toshiba 2TB usb-powered Since my NAS as only one user and it's mostly to stream music and photos, I set all the physical disk propreties for the max power saving: Advanced Power Management to 1 Acoustic Management to Minimum performance, minimum acoustic output Spindown time to 20minutes Still the self powered disks are…

• Time machine file permission?

lucamoiana - - General

Hi, I'd like to setup a OMV volume as OSX Time Machine Volume, but I'd like to be able to access the files even from other OS, is this possible or the files will only be available for that user on OSX ? thanks

• ok, so the first line, gives: Source Code (23 lines) Whereas dpkg --verify returns: Source Code (32 lines)I did use: omv-firstaid then selected option 1 and connected to the webinterface: IP:80