Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• SMB or something else Problem

geaves - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from matefon: “So, the simplest way to fix it is to reinstall the system? ” Yes, what you implemented was the right approach I was just trying to ascertain what you installed when you ran the net install, to confirm what you should enable during a net install I'll tag @macom to confirm. But don't install Armbian, probably wouldn't work anyway.

geaves - - CIFS/SMB

I thought you said you were a Linux noob, or is that a noob with some understanding I was expecting something typed, anyway this; Quote from matefon: “I installed Debian from a netinst DVD ” That's fine but during the install, if memory serves me correctly you are greeted with a menu to install components, the norm for this is to install SSH server only, although I have seen threads that suggest minimum system utils. This comment prompted me to ask; Quote from matefon: “with Desktop Env. ” that …

geaves - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from matefon: “Armbian? I'm a Linux noob ” Ok Armbian I suppose the best way to describe it is that it's a Linux distro for SBC's so you install that then install OMV on top using their software installer. But back to this; Quote from matefon: “I have Debian ARM 64 9.11.0 with Desktop Env. ” Expand on the above, hardware, the software you have installed and how you installed OMV.

• Unable to find docker-gui in plugins

geaves - - Docker

Quote from mac4rfree85: “but when i installed piehole in another container, ” If you follow the guide as @macom has suggested post how you get on, I spent a day on my OMV5 test rig I could not get Pi-Hole to work using a macvlan, I even manged to find a portainer howto on creating a macvlan. I tried this out of curiosity not for use, as my Pi-Hole runs on a Rasp Pi under Diet-Pi.

geaves - - CIFS/SMB

I saw your other thread here but didn't reply as I sometimes think 'too many cooks spoil the broth' Line 7, 8 and 9 I have seen before on the forum before, your install is it on Armbian?

• Quote from Cori: “Look, I appreciate your advice and input. ” Fair enough, but OMV is aimed at home users, yes users do get problems setting this up and it is usually related to hardware or an error on their part and with reasonable information a solution can be found. Quote from Cori: “so I was only using my knowledge as a sysadmin ” So was I but I'm now retired and restrict myself to part time work on an ad hoc basis, but that doesn't make us all knowing, if I wanted to change the way a specif…

• Quote from Cori: “You didn't manually move your mount point, before doing all that. Give that a shot? ” Why would I do that, the system works as it is, you change something like the mount point you not only have to change OMV's config to ensure that it continues to function correctly but any scripts that have been created/written for OMV's default settings. The fact that mine worked would suggest that that the delete function in shared folders in the GUI is simply deleting the reference to the s…

• OMV5 I can not install plugins.

geaves - - CIFS/SMB

Go into OMV Extras from the Update dropdown menu run apt clean.

• Quote from Cori: “That friends is a serious flaw in the code and someone should be looking at this. ” Out of curiosity having read this thread I have just tested this on my own system, created a share in the GUI, confirmed the share appears in /srv/dev-disk-by-label etc and under /sharedfolders using WinSCP. Using WinSCP from my W10 workstation copied a folder to the new share on OMV, created a simple text file in that share, confirmed it all showed in the mount point /srv/dev etc and /sharedfol…

• Quote from vatastala: “So, what I cannot find now is how to enable periodic checks of the filesystem, ” What you need to be able to do is an fsck periodically on the Raid itself as it was that that failed as per your image in post 15, hence that's why the system went into emergency mode. What you could try is set up a scheduled job weekly after hours and enter the command fsck /dev/md0 (if your raid is set as md0) save it, select it, then click run, this will at least confirm that it will work, …

• Snapraid Disaster?

geaves - - General

Quote from curious1: “Each one does about 12 clicks and then spins down. ” Dead, probably the actuator, and you'll find all sorts of suggestions from placing the drive in a zip lock and putting it in the freezer for a couple of hours Quote from curious1: “Looks like I'm going to have to find a wizard ” I don't think Harry Potter does house calls

• Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions

geaves - - My NAS Build

Quote from Scorpion3d: “Based in Ireland so thankfully power cuts aren't an issue. ” well I'm in the UK and I don't have one Quote from Scorpion3d: “Could I use it with this have a few HDD's ” For that price you could get a quality second hand commercial server from ebay far more reliable than a Pi with an externally attached storage. But if I was to use something like that attached to a Pi it would for backup purposes only. You could use MergerFS and SnapRaid, there is only one caveat I have fo…

• Change mount point without issues

geaves - - General

Quote from rul3s: “If I did first question ok, how to call omv-mkconf on OMV5? ” There is no mkconf in OMV5, it uses salt, so it would be omv-salt deploy run monit and as per @jollyrogr you have to remove all references, SMB shares etc for this to work.

• Snapraid Disaster?

geaves - - General

Quote from crashtest: “I'm not sure which attributes trigger the red light, but it's not good. ” Red light indicates bad sectors, but don't know the attribute, it would suggest those drives are in pre fail, sooner rather than later.

geaves - - My NAS Build

Quote from Scorpion3d: “So from what I've read about Raid 5 in will loose 1 drive to parity data. ” You obviously haven't been reading the right information, Raid wiki and here's the Raid Setup wiki and youtube for help with your project. I notice from your link to Amazon (which doesn't work) are you in the US? If so do you intend to use a UPS? Power outages are a common cause of data loss. Quote from Scorpion3d: “Ok so the reason I want Raid 5 is I want some sense of recovery ” There is no 'sen…

• Snapraid Disaster?

geaves - - General

Is that Swindon or Hemel Hempstead, I've experienced both having lived in Swindon for over five years.

• Snapraid Disaster?

geaves - - General

Quote from crashtest: “And the big city roundabout's - they were always an adventure. ” you should try them in Malta

• @ramus I'm going to tag @macom Macom, Ramus needs some help with this using Portainer, whilst I initially helped with the general settings this -> --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri `#optional` \ --device /dev/dvb:/dev/dvb `#optional` is normally added to the Extra arguments on the docker plugin for OMV4. Portainer does have that type of setting, although from github it has been requested (back in 2017) to get that setting to work it will require a .yml then a copy/paste into Portainer Stacks. TBH this …

geaves - - My NAS Build

Quote from Scorpion3d: “The Raid 5 drives would be 3 x 3TB and 2 x 4TB. ” By that comment alone I would surmise you probably have not used a Raid set up before The external unit you referenced are designed for Windows whilst they have a dip switch on the rear they are reliant on the OS to initiate the dip switch setting, Linux cannot do this it will simply see them as individual drives. A Raid setup using USB drives has been disabled in OMV, if you want to use a Raid option it can be achieved by…

• Snapraid Disaster?

geaves - - General

Quote from crashtest: “grub update ” Other way round