Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 432.

• [Sensors] OMV-Sensors in OMV 4.1.x

David B - - Plugins

Quote from corey5188: “I take it the plug-in migration to 4.x is dead? Sucks, I just got my new Ryzen setup and wanted to get temp graphs... ” Unfortunately yes. Both the original developer and I have tried to fix it, but no luck.

• Why should you use or not use dockers

David B - - General

I still haven't had a chance to look at hacking the openmediavault-openvpn plugin into submission.

David B - - General

Quote from macom: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “openmediavault-anacron - ? ” Would be nice to have it as plugin ” Isn't this already built in to OMV as the "Scheduled Jobs" feature?

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why do you need openvpn on OMV if you have it on your router? ” The OpenVPN server I run on OMV is configured for UDP and the one I run on my router is configured for TCP. Depending on the circumstances, I need both types. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Probably but that is a terrible way to code a plugin. ” Agreed, but it could be a suitable workaround. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Salt (really saltstack) is a configuration management engine and it executes the command Jinja is the …

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why? wireguard is the future ” Mostly because OpenVPN is configured on all of my family's devices and reconfiguring them is kind of inconvenient. Especially since none of them really know what the point of the VPN is beyond "if I do this then I can get to my stuff in my house without being in my house." Also I run an OpenVPN server from my router as well, and switching between using Quote from ryecoaaron: “Yep, just a shell script that is doing things in a very "shell" wa…

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Moving from omv-mkconf to omv-salt. The problem with the openvpn plugin is that the mkconf part of the plugin is the most complicated part of the plugin and it isn't going to be easy to translate it to jinja/salt. Maybe you should look into using wireguard and docker? ” Hmm. This is really pushing my Linux knowledge. I am not all that familiar with mkconf or how it is supposed to operate, nor do I know anything about jinja/salt. I suppose I could look in to WireGuard, but…

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “openmediavault-openvpn - docker ” What has changed between OMV 4 and OMV 5 that makes plugin reworking necessary? I really don't want to see the OpenVPN plugin die (even if Docker is an alternative) and would like to try fixing it up if time permits. Although I did try to do the same thing with the openmediavault-sensors plugin unsuccessfully.

• Looking forward to OMV5! And also OMV6's upcoming new UI. Regarding OMV5, how compatible are OMV4 plugins with 5? Will they mostly work or should I expect things to break?

• Quote from pwepwe973: “Why do I feel that php.ini is a taboo subject? as soon as you ask to modify it for x reason, do not answer it, or be asked why do you want to modify it ... ” I've long abandoned this in favor of using Docker. Docker does have a bit of a learning curve to it even with the assistance of the OMV plugin, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually easier to maintain because of how everything is nicely isolated from the main OMV system.

• Success! I managed to migrate everything to Docker! Thanks for the video links!

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

David B - - Plugins

I have also observed this problem, but I have found that self-generating a new certificate, temporarily switching to it, and then switching back to the Let's Encrypt one gets things working again. I am not sure why or how, but that has been my workaround.

• Quote from Morlan: “follow these videos duckdns letsencrypt and then afterwards this video, but skipping the first part about installing duckdns and letsencrypt. ” Thanks! I actually don't need DuckDNS so I will skip that part, but thanks for the other two links!

• Quote from Morlan: “Judging from the threads in the last weeks it is easier to set up nextcloud docker with the Mariadb docker. This might help: forum.openmediavault.org/index…MariaDB-Docker-Container/ Also I would check the nextcloud documentation regarding the migration to another instance. ” Thanks! Between this and the Nextcloud documentation on migration, I think I can handle everything except the Let's Encrypt portion, which I am still trying to work through.

• Looking in to this further, I think I know how to migrate my existing data folders to a Docker image, but I am not sure about how to interface with a MySQL database or make Let's Encrypt work properly when doing this. Perhaps @ryecoaaron who seems well-versed in Docker has some advice?

• Hello all, I am trying to migrate my NextCloud installation, which I originally configured using the MySQL and Nginx plugins, to use Docker. I have installed the Docker plugin, but I have not figured out how to progress further. Does anyone have any advice that they would be willing to share? I have cloned a copy of the Docker NextCloud image, but I am not sure if that is appropriate when trying to migrate an existing setup. Thanks in advance!

• Either that, or use the OpenMediaVault MySQL and Nginx plugins to set it up. There are several tutorial posts here on the forums about how to do this. By the way, you may want to use NextCloud instead of ownCloud.

• Have you looked at the two suggestions posted?

• If you have an Ethernet card listed in Network→Interface as @Methy mentioned, check your OpenVPN settings to see if "Gateway interface" is set to your card.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from David B: “How frequently do the folders that are stored in RAM get written to the disk? ” AFAIK only at shutdown/reboot. You need to define a cronjob that does this from time to time: ” Quote from ryecoaaron: “Correct.Quote from tkaiser: “You need to define a cronjob that does this from time to time: ” Only if you care about the log files and/or monitoring data. ” Excellent, thank you! I only care about saving the graph data so I added an hourly cron job that runs…

• Also one more question: How frequently do the folders that are stored in RAM get written to the disk?