Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Installing docker creates an error

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from siddharth_bhal: “path provided as "Docker Storage" in ui has to be a shared folder. ” Nope. It is an absolute path anywhere on the system. I wouldn't use a mergerfs pool for this though. Quote from siddharth_bhal: “I am getting following error when trying to start dockerd: Nov 18 14:35:22 omvbhal.local dockerd[5956]: failed to start daemon: error while opening volume store metadata database: no such device ” Sounds like your path was invalid. Quote from siddharth_bhal: “I manually edi…

• Installing docker creates an error

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Yep, there is something going on with the docker package that causes it to not start on first install. apt-get -f install should fix it. And while I don't think omv-extras should have to do something to fix, I did add apt-get -f install to omv-extras 5.1.5 - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…99cb3eb1de6ff28cb8a0a1cee

• Quote from nicovon: “does the container, on restart, remain stopped by default? ” Yes. The "Restart Policy" defaults to No which means the container will not start automatically on reboot. Most people change it to "unless stopped" if they want the container to start automatically on reboot. Quote from nicovon: “It seems then that this policy does not work. How can I check? ” This is extremely well tested and I have not heard of it not working. From your screenshot in your first post, you left th…

• Quote from Agricola: “The version I had was 5.95 so I am presently downloading 5.98 minimal. I let you know how it turns out. Thank you. ” It shouldn't make a difference but maybe it does.

• Quote from ness1602: “Aaron,it will soon be default, so you don't need to set anything. I'm guessing in 2-3 weeks. ” omv-extras explicitly installs pve-kernel-5.0. So, it will need to be changed. I did that because there is no pve-kernel meta package (pve-headers meta package does exist though).

• Quote from nicovon: “is the container stopped when omv is turned off? ” Isn't everything turned off when OMV is turned off? That said, there is a restart policy in the plugin to restart the container automatically when OMV is rebooted.

• lm-sensors

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from warhawk8080: “could it be possible to include this in the OMV dashboard? ” There was a plugin on OMV 3.x. It hasn't been maintained much after that. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…rs/openmediavault-sensors

• QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from ness1602: “pve has now 5 .3 kernel: ” Thanks. I hadn't noticed that it was out yet since it is still opt-in on my proxmox nodes. I will update omv-extras to install it.

• Quote from djres79: “Still no change within omv ” Because the backports kernel is newer than the proxmox kernel, you either need to manually select the proxmox kernel in the drop down in the kernel tab of omv-extras or remove the Debian kernels (button for that in omv-extras as well). So, the reason it isn't working is because your system booted the Debian kernel (hence the 5.2.x version instead of 5.0.x).

• Ok. I finally got around to testing this and it worked well. Here is what I did: - Write latest Armbian Buster minimal image to sd (Armbian_5.98_Nanopim4_Debian_buster_default_4.4.192_minimal.img) - Boot system - Use install script to install OMV and omv-extras - wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash - Run omv-firstaid - Remove network-manager since it will cause issues with OMV's network setup - apt-get purge --autoremove netw…

• Nope and I have run it a lot. I would probably exclude the /var/lib/docker/overlay2 directory from the backup anyway. Did you fill the filesystem that it is backing up to? Did fsarchiver segfault? Look in dmesg.

• MergerFs - omv5

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

I think the unionfilesystem plugin issue with mounting the pool on creation has been fixed in 5.0.1 in the repo now.

• The remote mount plugin has been ported and is in the repo now.

• Portainer changes coming

ryecoaaron - - General

Doesn't look like it will affect OMV users much since they seem to just be adding kubernetes support. Most OMV users do not need kubernetes (very complex).

• OMV5 I can not install plugins.

ryecoaaron - - CIFS/SMB

I meant the apt clean button from the web interface but if you are ok with the command line, use omv-aptclean

• openmediavault-hostapd

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from _MiX_: “I don't find the docs to port the plugins, ” They don't exist. This is the best you will find but it won't help with 5.x. You will just have to look at existing plugins like minidlna - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…s/openmediavault-minidlna Quote from _MiX_: “I want to try to install it by the panel to not have to open the terminal, I tried to install but gave a time it was installing, some variable does not exist. ” You don't want to install a 3.x plugin on 5.x. You are just…

• uninstall OMV

ryecoaaron - - General

apt-get remove --autoremove openmediavault will remove OMV. Things like samba should keep working but don't complain if something stops working. You won't lose any data though. OMV does not add any files. quotas might. snapraid might. But not OMV. Nothing will remove those files. You will have to do that. A simple find command can do that though.

• Quote from rjm: “Unfortunately the information at the pointers is not even touching the subject. ” Yes, I know that but I was getting tired of deleting your reposts. So, I felt the need to inform you why you kept seeing the "error" screen. Quote from rjm: “As per your suggestion, before posting my request, I spent many hours searching for a possible solution. ” I never said you didn't research it. Once again, just trying to help you understand the spam filter. Quote from rjm: “I wish you could h…

• openmediavault-hostapd

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from _MiX_: “Hi, this plugin can work in 5.0.5? ” I don't think the plugin ever worked. It wasn't even ported to OMV 4.x. Definitely won't work on OMV 5.x. Haven't looked at it in forever to know what needs to be ported.

• OMV5 I can not install plugins.

ryecoaaron - - CIFS/SMB

What kind of system? Post the output of apt clean.