Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 75.

• Am I the only one with this issue?

• Hi, I found this in my log file, how to get this fixed? Sat Oct 29 16:17:37 2016: Starting ftp server: proftpdomv proftpd[2538]: mod_tls/2.4.3: compiled using OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013' headers, but linked to OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.1t 3 May 2016' library Sat Oct 29 16:17:37 2016: omv proftpd[2538]: mod_sftp/0.9.8: compiled using OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013' headers, but linked to OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 1.0.1t 3 May 2016' library Sat Oct 29 16:17:53 2016:…

• Hiya, so sorry, forgot to mention indeed that it was for the file system space. [modified it] Thanks very much for that link, I just wonder if that is for the whole system, including your system drive? I only wanted it for the attached disk, so I modified the file /etc/monit/conf.d/openmedia-filesystem.conf for selected UUID But that link is very interesting indeed. Thanks a lot for your time.

• Hi All, Does any one off you know where I can change the parameter from 80% to 90% for usage on my disc space. I am getting flooded with emails and log file grows mad, I know I might be pushing it a bit but there is nowhere in the GUI a setting. Any help much appreciated.

• RAID 6 gone, physical drives visible

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Hi Alex, very pleased to hear all is fine now.

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Try these. Source Code (1 line) Source Code (1 line) Source Code (1 line) Source Code (1 line) x is drive letter. | more let you scroll through each page. lsblk will show the mdx Look on the disk label it should show the serial... Edit: do you have WD drives? You better check in the SMART what the load cycle count is, if it is very high you need to patch your drives with wdidle3 This applies to many of their products in all colour ranges, I myself have found: red, green, blue and black …

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Alex, the first thing you always do when you build a raid, you label the disk and write down the serial and label number in a notepad file or spreadsheet whatever you prefer. You also check the disk SMART details and make a note of it or a screen-shot. At the moment with BLKID command you can identify the disks, so it should not be that difficult to work out which physical disk is. SMART in OMV also gives such information, no need for any other tools in OMV, you have all you need. Anoth…

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 DBAN as follow, M = method, quick erase, V =verify ALL passes, F10 start, but before you do this make a screen-shot of the SMART write also down the re-allocated sectors. After one run you check SMART again is the re-allocated increased, then you have a bad disc, most disc can do reliable a few re-allocations, but then your gambling!!! Is the failed disc still under warranty? get it RMA, I wouldn't risk to put it back in the raid then.

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Any news?

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Oh dear, why couldn't you just wait till the whole raid was rebuild. I have no clue yet, try to stop samba and any other service like ftp rsync, stop all of them.. Then try a reboot. Then DBAN the other disk and don't do anything else till the raid is rebuild 100%

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Alex, how are things going?

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 For the last time and I give up now, the disk which started with all the problems should be zero-wiped or you remove the super-block, with your knowledge I suggest to use either the WD tool or DBAN. I am not going to repeat myself for the third time, just read back. Once you have wiped the disk clean and checked that all is fine, add it back and then start again. The raid will simple fail with that corrupt disk, if that disk and only THAT disk is zero-wiped, the raid will start to rebui…

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Alex the command was: update-initramfs -u root@OMV:~# initramfs -bash: initramfs: Kommando nicht gefunden. Edit: Let the raid do the work, don't touch it I noticed it is the same disk again which failed, I hope the rebuild will fix it. When the raid is rebuild, but before you do a reboot, you have to run the command : update-initramfs -u

Wabun - - General

@datadigger He needs to stop the service and assign the drives back, mdadm assigns just a random number starting with 127 downwards. so the drives don't belong to anything yet. In the worse case scenario the Superblock is damaged, I think he really should try to stop the service and try to assign the drives, what you think?

Wabun - - General

@datadigger Yeah to get the drives out of their status from busy you need to stop the service. Source Code (3 lines) dev.bizo.com/2012/07/mdadm-device-or-resource-busy.html

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Try a reboot and see if you then can assign both disk as datadigger told you.

Wabun - - General

@datadigger You think he might have swapped disk 7 and 8 from their physical location on raid? Just wonder why both are not recognised and been assigned to the /dev/md126

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Where is the output of update-initramfs -u Anyway make sure you do that command and reboot the server. Then login GUI and tell me the status of the raid

Wabun - - General

@ahab666 Hi Alex, try this: logout of your gui. open a ssh and enter these two commands: Source Code (2 lines) After that provide output of: Source Code (2 lines) Then log back in gui and tell me the status of your raid. Alex, regards disk 7, I think you really need to zero-wipe that disk with DBAN as I recommended previously, with a SMART check before and verify after each sector write then when done and no errors turn up your lucky and disk is fine, why? If there is something wrong with the ra…

Wabun - - General

Yeah, hence I suggested only to check the disk which was giving problems. The point is you need to get the raid back and make asap backup of your most important data! Well, that's how I would do it. I think there is an option to only scan in Spin-rite, but not sure.