Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 366.

• Samba password never works.

Nefertiti - - General

Yes for now it is working.

Nefertiti - - General

I tried to change every value so I left it at 5 since it was making no difference. Yes it's a windows issue I do not know why in the middle of a transfer it disconnect and in reverse it came back for what ever reason.

Nefertiti - - General

Very strange, I tried basically everything in the guide,even did run Windows system file checker. No change at the end I decided to install SSHFS for Windows since I was looking for a way to connect to OMV just after the install I recreated new map network drive and at this time widows samba was connecting. Maybe the installer modified something in the registry not sure any way working again.

Nefertiti - - General

Yesterday I was copying a file to OMV, in the middle I loose access right after explorer crashed. I was not able to get Task manager to run, so I restated the PC and now Samba refuse my password . What do you advise me to do

• Resource limit succeeded Service

Nefertiti - - General

Resource limit succeeded Service rockpro64 How can I fix this? Date:        Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:34:20 Action:      alert Host:        rockpro64 Description: loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=5.6] Your faithful employee, Monit Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• locked users root

Nefertiti - - General

I am getting this too The following users are locked/banned or are candidates for too many failed login attempts:Login Failures Latest failure Fromuser1 1 11/04/19 09:41:06 unknown You can reset their counters and unlock them via the omv-firstaid command. I have OMV open to wan but protected by letsencrypt, and I think fail2ban will have trigger it before this The first time I unblocked it also some time ago I noticed 2 unknown clients mac address on my router I blocked the MAC and I changed the…

• Yes I realized this since I removed the cursor at Every N minute but why they are not executed ?

• Still not working and issue with output email: I have those 2 daily jobs - restart lens encrypt, since when I am logging to OMV remotely I get the blue screen with no login prompt until I restart letsencryp, not sure why! -and the other one is to clean my docker images after the update from watchtower so does not matter what, if I do not click run manually they are not executed but the letsencrypt job send me an email every minute for an hour saying it did the job but the other one nothing.

Nefertiti - - General

@crashtest Just for the fun I am doing an experiment I am moving my documents folder from my PC D drive to a share folder in one of my OMV drive mapped in windows. I would like to know your opinion about it. I am sure there are a lot of cons doing it and probably not too many advantages but I am just curious!

• Have a look at this it might help you. [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10 and Microsoft Servers

• Quote from macom: “Never tried this, but the error message indicates that you need to define a module in OMV GUI under Rsync > Server > Modules On OMV you need to enable rsync server. For rsync a module is similar to a shared folder for OMV in general. The module has a name and a shared folder it is pointing at. If you want to do regular backups, I would use UrBackup instead of rsync. ” Well the last time I looked at it UrBackup was not available for arm64 Where is URbackup?

• I am completely new at this just tried OMV@192.168.2.101:://D/Documents and got Please wait, syncing <OMV@192.168.2.101:://D/Documents> to </srv/dev-disk-by-label-SSD_T5/test> ... ERROR: The remote path must start with a module name not a / of course I do not know how to configure Rsync , but should I use the plugin Remote Mount? any input would be appreciated.

Nefertiti - - General

Quote from crashtest: “In this How-To, the section tilted Domain Connected Windows 10 Clients / Servers does the same thing that editing Secpol.msc does, but uses the registry to do it. The various levels, (1 through 5) in the How-To, go progressively to earlier authentication levels as the number gets smaller, going to 1. (There's a guide to each level - 4 might have worked for you.) Microsoft pushes security changes out on a regular basis, announced after the fact, making it difficult to keep …

• Quote from geaves: “The output from the above is similar to your post 12 but this makes no sense; Device /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Segate not found in /etc/mtab mtab? srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dSegate.mount: Job srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dSegate.mount/start failed with result 'dependency'. Timed out waiting for device dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-Segate.device. The above the same, makes no sense, it would suggest when this drive was in use it was being referenced by something and that referen…

Nefertiti - - General

I found the solution I know @crashtest might be interested since it is really his area of expertise and he may know it Actually i DID NOT FIND IT MYSELF but I found the solution there superuser.com/questions/112543…rd-error-with-samba-share and like they say "it works like a charm! I feel so relieve since it has been a real struggle!

• Quote from geaves: “How was it installed, the last time I used Pi-Hole on OMV was in Docker, it's now on a Pi running independently Quote from Nefertiti: “2 Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-dis-by-label-Seagate I am sure I am not using this disk so how to remove this mount point also? ” You'll need to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and search for mnt this will locate <fstab> and <mntent> and remove the mount point from there. ” To get back to this. I removed the mnt point in config.…

• Quote from macom: “docker-compose is just a method to set up the docker. Once it is done you don't need it any more until you make modifications. Major advantage of docker-compose is that you can use the docker-compose files to setup your container on another computer or on a new installation. Much faster than doing it in the GUI (no matter if you use docker-gui plugin or portainer) ” Thank you for your explanations it start to make sense to me. But can you answer my 2 questions Should I use Doc…

• Got a question regarding this thread probably out of the topic. Anyway, all my docker are still the docker file method and are working perfectly. Should I use Docker compose and why should I do it? How to make the transition ?

• Quote from macom: “You need to check on your server which is the correct path. I assume you already have the folder "docker" and you want to use it. Before you used it with /sharedfolders/AppData/docker and this would be /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker using the complete path. But - as mentioned above - you have to confirm this on your server. ” Got news: Doing that get me to square 1 with no possibility to add a shared folder! Maybe the name AppData is reserved with the link doc…

• Quote from macom: “Quote from Nefertiti: “From an other thread I did /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/docker instead of /sharedfolders/AppData/docker ” should be /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker isn't it? ” I am sure you know better than me, but before I commit to the change can you explain what is the difference and why should I do It? Anyway you are probably right, and I am moving the docker in /srv/dev-disk-by-label-WD_10TB_1/AppData/docker.