Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Sidindi: “Quote from KM0201: “I would start with 4, since 5 is still technically beta. Use the docker plugin to install docker, then install Portainer for container management (since the docker plugin will be gone in OMV 5). Portainer will run on OMV4 no problem. ” Will do. Am I going to have to rebuild the whole Plex library after I redo this? I feel like each time I mess with settings in Plex container I wind up having to do that. That is besides the point. Do any of the shared fold…

• I would start with 4, since 5 is still technically beta. Use the docker plugin to install docker, then install Portainer for container management (since the docker plugin will be gone in OMV 5). Portainer will run on OMV4 no problem. There's a lot of threads here on why the /sharedfolders links are an issue sometimes with Docker (and even moreso with the merged filesystems)...You're on the right track just using the /srv paths Unfortunately I don't use Plex or a merged file system, so I can't be…

• Omv 3 is end of life... It's hitting closed repositories. If this is a clean install I'd recommend reinstalling and starting with OMV 4

• Quote from benibilme: “Quote from KM0201: “You're far better off embracing docker at this point, since that is going to be where almost everything is going. Once you get the hang of it, it is incredibly simple. ” Honestly, even if docker will be used, it should fit into the system conventions. For example, I am advised to use a container in place of webdav plugin in a new thread, because webdav will not be supported in OMV5. I installed it, now I have fiddle with new users, permissions etc. in d…

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from KM0201: “Unless votdev deviates from what he's done since the project began... When OMV5 is released, running omv-release-upgrade will update your system to the newest release (as well as the underlying Debian release). ” I really do hope you are right about this. ” Like I said, unless there is some major deviation from previous releases that he's not told anyone about yet... I don't see why I would be wrong.

• Quote from molnart: “i am quite surprised that despite OMV 5.x being in quite progressed beta stage, there is still no solution to upgrade from 4.x, which is something i am sure will require extensive testing and several further beta releases. ” It'ss because it's not stable yet. At least now if people download and install it, they've intentionally done so. Could you imagine people upgrading to betas, who had no business doing so, and the problems that would cause with support? Again, unless vot…

• Quote from benibilme: “Hello, I am a newbie in OMV. I installed OMV 5. However I have seen most packages, I would like to use becoming docker and I do not want to get into docker thing yet. I am planning to downgrade before committing more to OMV 5. I would like to know, if I would like to upgrade, will I be needing reinstallation or simple apt-get dist-upgrade command would be enough. Thanks.. ” Unless votdev deviates from what he's done since the project began... When OMV5 is released, running…

• github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript Combine all that into one command. Works great and also installs omv-extras

• hub.docker.com/r/bytemark/webdav hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/duplicati

• Upgrade OMV4 to OMV5

KM0201 - - Updates/Upgrades

Certainly a possibility. I'd backup my data for sure before migrating

• omv-firstaid should generally be ran from console for this reason (especially when there is a possibility the IP may change)... If you can't log in with the old IP... I would log into your router/switch and check what IP's it has assigned. You should be able to figure it out. If that is not possible, download Angry IP scanner onto a device that is on your network, and run it. It should find all IP's currently available on your network. angryip.org/

• Good combination for omv?

KM0201 - - My NAS Build

Just curious, any particular reason you're getting a pcie ssd, rather than using a sata port(looks like the board has 6). Not a huge fan of the pcie ssd's. I'd rather get an adapter cable and a good flash drive, and run omv off one of the usb headers on the motherboard. Other than that though (and that is strictly preference).... I think it looks pretty good.

• OMV 4 vs OMV5

KM0201 - - General

Quote from Agricola: “Quote from KM0201: “I'll probably clean install onto my actual server next week. ” What machine? ” It's a custom build.

• Local IP with Hauggene-Trans-OpenVPN

KM0201 - - Plugins

My bad, I didn't see the .me on your command I'll try to look at it later.

• Access Libresonic externally

KM0201 - - Docker

I've wondered this myself but haven't had the opportunity to really look into trying to set it up. You could (in theory) just forward your Libresonic port in your router to your NAS, but it would be unsecured just using port forwarding.

• Local IP with Hauggene-Trans-OpenVPN

KM0201 - - Plugins

curl icanhazip.com

• OMV 4 vs OMV5

KM0201 - - General

I'm hoping to deploy 5 on my server next week. I've finished all my docker-compose files for all of the containers I use. I've tested them all in Vbox. Wednesday my hope is to nuke my virtual machine and set up a fresh one for a dry run, then install all my containers via docker-compose and see if I run into any issues. I'm not really anticipating any at this point as I've tested them all pretty extensively. If the dry run goes OK, I'll probably clean install onto my actual server next week. I d…

• Guide for NextClound on OMV 5

KM0201 - - General

It's in the guide forum... Are you wanting to use it with duckdns like the Techno Dad video explained before? I think the one in the guides forum requires you to purchase a URL (but honestly I haven't followed it). If so, I've got a docker-compose file that will set it all up for you (I'm at work at the moment). You'll just have to edit your paths into it. I've tested it 3-4 times and it has worked fine for me thus far

• Quote from Nuke: “Quote from KM0201: “service docker status ” stoped, i thinkforum.openmediavault.org/index…bb8b22273bb4192569acb8562 Quote from gderf: “If the directory is being shared, delete the share. ” shared? no. problem only with /var/lib/docker/btrfs - can not be deleted. it's not shared. ” Yep it's stopped. I have no explanation for this one.

• Quote from gderf: “If the directory is being shared, delete the share. ” By default, he shouldn't be able to share /var/lib/docker