Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from lexmark3200: “Is any posibility to mount that share like hard drive?? ” Yep. Just add an fstab entry. There is a decent fstab explanation on this page - digitalocean.com/community/tut…nfs-mount-on-ubuntu-18-04

• Before Install OMV + JBOD

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Mr. Ralph: “I cannot confirm anything regarding JBOD (understand this should be my approach) with Drives already full of data, so I'm lost. Can it be done ? If Yes, then How ? ” Sounds like you want to pool your different size drives into one pool? Yes, you can do this with the unionfilesystems plugin.

• VMWare and iSCSI

ryecoaaron - - General

@rjones1229 @TJS I created a basic tgt plugin. Feel free to test it out and/or add/suggest features. github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…lopers/openmediavault-tgt

• Quote from Eule: “the idea to boot from hdd is to avoid a corrupted SD card. ” The flashmemory plugin helps a lot. I have run systems for years on one sd card. If you make a clone of the sd any time you make major changes, there is little to worry about. Quote from Eule: “Is there a rule of thumb about how many power is needed per hdd? The recommendation is to use a 5V / 3A power supply for the Rock64. I assume that this would be enough for two HDDs? ” Depends on the hard drive (rpm makes differ…

• 1 - Sure but why do you want to boot from the hdd? 2 - Since 2.5" drives don't use 12V, you only need it when you are using 3.5" drives. Although, you need to make sure your rock64 is powered with a good power supply to power a 2.5" drive. 3 - Depends on how they are being used. Try both. 4 - No, it is just power and gpio. Quote from Eule: “Is there any board out which has a power suspend / sleep mode or wake on lan functionality. I think most of the time the NAS will run in idle waiting for req…

• Quote from lexmark3200: “I understood, but I don't want allow to mount everyone, only two clients. ” Oh. Then you need to make an nfs share with the same shared folder but different client like in the pic below. forum.openmediavault.org/index…bb8b22273bb4192569acb8562

• If you follow the example in the plugin, you would put 192.168.100.0/24 to allow everything in the 192.168.100.x range to mount it.

• Quote from GeneralMidi: “Do I have to also restore the grub file or just the grubparts? ” If it is a new storage device, grubparts has grub + partitions. So, you would need grubparts. If it was the original install, you may not need to use either.

• I can't recreate this even with monitoring enabled. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• I don't know why the findfs command that monitoring is using is failing. Try disabling monitoring? Quote from Hani: “the same remote share with remotemount plugin works fine on another OMV4 machine. ” Lots of code has changed between omv 4 and 5. So, this most likely isn't a problem with your remote share.

• Quote from GeneralMidi: “but the link is dead. ” github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…aster/usr/sbin/omv-backup Quote from GeneralMidi: “Must I also write that boot partition separately and if so, with something similar? ” If you have a boot part and you chose the dd method, it will need to be written back in a second command.

• Why should you use or not use dockers - General - openmediavault

• dpkg-deb: error:

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from ofh: “What to do next ?? ” That was meant to give you an idea not me. I don't know how big your drive is but /usr and /lib are large. Guessing /lib is filled with kernel headers. As mentioned in the other threads, you keep changing the command I gave you to drill down on the subdirectory that is the largest. So, du -d1 -x -h /lib would the next check.

• Edit .inputrc

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from marc_al: “In fact I only do tty for administrative tasks and to avoid doing sudo everytime i connect as root. but it is correct that I should use sudo (or su) more often. ” You can su or sudo su to root and use your profile settings...

• Quote from Quiksmage: “I am using 4.1.27-1 according to the system information page. My system shouldn't be too slow. ” If you have a large amount of filesystems, it can take a long time too. Quote from Quiksmage: “On another note, should I be upgrading to 5.x? ” Depends. If your Linux skills are solid, I think it is a good upgrade but I would install fresh over upgrading. There is no OMV provided upgrade path. So, you will have to manually upgrade OMV stuff.

• Edit .inputrc

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from marc_al: “So there is no way to tell omv to use another default file? (the point 8 only says not to do it)? ” Nope. I would've suggested a way if it was possible. The only way it can be done is changing OMV code - github.com/openmediavault/open…/shell/20root_inputrc.sls which will be overwritten with each update. Why again are you setting defaults for root? To tell you the truth, I don't know why OMV is managing them either.

• Error Mounting USB drive.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from tannaroo: “I have used gparted live bootable to create 2 partitions on my HDD - one is 20gb (/dev/sda1) for the OS and the second is the rest of space (/dev/sda2) - all formatted to ready to go. I then reinstalled OMV but when I get to screen where it wants the install OMV OS - it only finds SCS1 (sda) which is the combination of /sda1 and /sda2 so it looks as though it going to install and reformat the OS back onto the full drive? ” Yes, the OMV installer will always re-partition you…

• Best Image for Raspberry Pi 4

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Adoby: “I use the "official" RPi4 image for OMV 4 ” It definitely isn't official and won't be around long. I am quite certain the RPi Foundation image is more stable than the frankenstein armbian image.

• Edit .inputrc

ryecoaaron - - General

I assume you are trying to edit root's inputrc? OMV does maintain that but you should be editing a user's initrc and using sudo. As with editing any config file owned by OMV, it will be overwritten - see problem #8 - forum.openmediavault.org/index…tions-to-common-problems/

• Something with the monitoring causes this. Does rebooting help?