Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• You will have to use docker.io package from the debian backports with OMV 5.x and setup containers manually. There are no 32 bit docker packages in the docker repo or debian 9 (omv 4) repo.

• Quote from sgt.luk3: “But what is this backport option? ” It enables the Debian Backports repo which has newer packages in it. They are backported from the release ahead of the system's release. The remote desktop plugin requires the xrdp from backports. backports is enabled by default. Not sure how it was not enabled on your system.

• cannot pull image from docker hub

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Did you configure network adapter in the OMV web interface? Seems like a DNS issue.

• OMV Qemu-KVM

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Firefly: “But NAS is more important then VM. ” Mine is as well but I still run OMV as a VM on proxmox.

• The zfs plugin is another plugin that can't be delicate. If you use the proxmox kernel, it is much easier. That said, it downloaded the packages. So, I think your system is in the correct state regarding repos.

• OMV Qemu-KVM

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Firefly: “I need to virtualise MacOs. ” nicksherlock.com/2019/10/insta…alina-10-15-on-proxmox-6/ Quote from Firefly: “Any pros for using promox instead of unraid? ” Proxmox isn't a NAS. It is a hypervisor like VMware ESXi. I've never used unraid but I'm pretty sure proxmox exposes much more of kvm. I have used it for production systems for years. If you need NAS functionality as well, then run OMV (or probably even unraid) as a VM.

• OMV Qemu-KVM

ryecoaaron - - General

You could install cockpit but the version available for OMV 4.x is old. If you use OMV 5.x, there is a button to install cockpit in omv-extras. Quote from Firefly: “I need to use something "bigger" then virtual box ” Not sure what that means and not that I like virtualbox but virtualbox can run some very large VMs. I think you might be better to do what I do - run proxmox on the physical system and OMV as a VM. proxmox is much better than virtualbox or cockpit.

• Quote from nicovon: “I thought I did everything correctly, where am I wrong? ” Just to reiterate that I don't have time to teach anyone how to use svn. But here was my quick test: create the container docker run -d -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-d1/svn:/var/opt/svn -p 3690:3690 garethflowers/svn-server create the repo named 'test' aaron@omv5dev:~$ docker exec -it keen_brattain sh /var/opt/svn # svnadmin create test check the repo from another system aaron@omv4dev:~$ svn info svn://omv5dev/test/ (Hidd…

• @votdev Even if I add isBlkidEnumerated and set it to false to the mergerfs backend, it looks like the collectd (or diskstats) salt code is still using findfs with a uuid to find the disk. Quote from nightrider: “Yes, I do use the unionfilesystem plugin as you can see in the error message above, but that error shows up even if I do not use the plugin. That was only an example. I create a unionfilesystem pool, then create a shared folder and then create a NFS share. ” If you remove the diskstats …

• That looks correct. What is the output from trying to install a plugin now? The remotedesktop plugin isn't a good choice since it will fail to install if backports is disabled. Can you try a different plugin?

• Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from apveening: “Unfortunately, that trick does not (yet) work on Portainer itself. ” The "Install Portainer" button in omv-extras will update portainer though.

• Quote from gderf: “For these types of the docker there is no need to update to the latest version of the docker in order to be able to keep the application current. Just restart the container. Also, for these types of the docker updating the docker to a later version is no guarantee that there is also available a later version of the application. ” That makes sense. The plugin/omv-extras had the same issue - ust because the repo was enabled didn't mean a newer package was in the plex repo and pe…

• System Disk is full

ryecoaaron - - General

Your du command should have to the -x flag to not traverse other filesystems. That way, you will still see usage in /srv even in filesystems are mounted on the subdirectories. sudo du -x -d1 -h / | sort -h

• Quote from gderf: “One thing that is not all that well understood is that updates to a Plex Docker are not the same thing as updates to the Plex Media Server application that is being run by the docker. These are two very different things. ” Can you explain what you mean in more detail? With the plex docker I linked to, your application will be a different version with a newer image.

• Quote from tinh_x7: “You don’t have to rely on Docker for update or its service. ” There is an official plex docker (amd64 only though) that looks updated often. So, I would guess they have automation to push a new image whenever they release a new version. So, I doubt there is any wait for versions. Due to the size of the company, I would guess there are less disruptions with service on docker hub than the plex debian repo. Quote from tinh_x7: “Don’t have the option to move the thread. ” If you…

• I'm guessing you don't have Debian repos setup. What is the output of the apt clean button from omv-extras? Please cut&paste instead of screenshot.

• RPi and other SBC/armbian images

ryecoaaron - - General

The RPi and SBC/Armbian images on sourceforge have been deleted. Please using the Raspbian Buster Lite or the proper Armbian image and follow the guide here to install OMV - forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Armbian-Supported-SBC-s/

• That plugin has issues and was never fully supported on OMV 4.x and won't be ported to OMV 5.x. I highly recommend using docker - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• Before Install OMV + JBOD

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Mr. Ralph: “How I can add them without losing any Data ? ” Just mount them in the filesystems tab and create shared folders using existing folders on the drives. Pooling them with the unionfilesystem plugin won't affect your data either since it works on top of existing filesystems. Quote from Mr. Ralph: “Most videos I seen are very good at installing, however do not see any answer about my concern. What about security ? ” There is a openvpn plugin (with wireguard plugin in developmen…

• Quote from Hani: “I guess it was something to do with "openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.1-1" plugin. After I uninstalled it remotemount plugin is working as expected, also the disk usage graphs in "performance statistics" services started to show. ” I didn't have the diskstats plugin installed. I will have to test with that. Thanks for the pointer.