Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from Raistlin666: “im also interested in the topic ” Maybe you should point out the specific topic you are interested in.

• Cant install docker

macom - - Plugins

apt-get --purge remove docker-ce

• Scheduling backups

macom - - General

In my case the folder for the backups has owner "urbackup" and group "users". Did you create the folder as shared folder in the GUI of OMV? Then it should work. Otherwise you have to use the CLI to check the permissions of this folder.

• Cant install docker

macom - - Plugins

apt-get remove docker-ce-cli then post output of dpkg -l | grep docker

• Scheduling backups

macom - - General

in "shared folders" you can view the absolute path like this forum.openmediavault.org/index…bb8b22273bb4192569acb8562

• Scheduling backups

macom - - General

Quote from Gizmo1990: “What is the distinction made between doing backups and creating images? ” backup: individual files that can be accessed and restored individually image: image of a complete filesystem that can be used to bare metal restore Quote from Gizmo1990: “Does 'content must lie on the same file system' mean that the directories need to be on the os drive?? ” No. External usb drive should be fine as long as the drive is constantly connected. Quote from Gizmo1990: “I've then in urback…

• How to install WebDAV on the OMV5?

macom - - Plugins

use /srv/dev-disk-by-label.... instead of /sharedfolders/.... it seems there are some confirmed issues with the latter

• Scheduling backups

macom - - General

Quote from Gizmo1990: “I was just going to do some selected folders, but what the hey, might as well do the whole lot. ” UrBackup does backups of selected folders and creates images of a complete system drive if you like (Windows only). You would do frequent backups of the data (e.g. Documents folder) and less frequent backup of your OS drive. Quote from Gizmo1990: “how do I tell urbackup that I only want modified or new files added during each subsequent backup? ” That is the default behavior o…

• Error on adding/deleting shared folders

macom - - General

Maybe this one? Cannot create shared folder on new or existing drive

• Share root of HD

macom - - General

Quote from Adoby: “If you rename any folder that OMV is using, then you may break parts of OMV. OMV use the names and paths of files and folders to know what to do with them. If you rename a folder that OMV use, for instance a share, then OMV will not be able to find that folder any more. ” What you describe should be prevented by this Quote from macom: “If you want to change the name of the folder on the hdd you have to remove the share in OMV gui (just the share, not the content). Rename the f…

• Share root of HD

macom - - General

Yes, all drives are mounted in /srv/

• Replace data hard drive with new one

macom - - General

This one might be helpful: Docker Nextcloud change destination data disk

• BTRFS or ZFS

macom - - General

Quote from Morlan: “ZFS is supposed to be quite RAM-hungry. ” Isn't that only if you use de-duplication?

• Error applying configuration

macom - - General

Different ways to install OMV: - ISO - Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) - Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10 Quote from Doomv: “Also the update after the installation failed with an error(no log here) ” Did the network connection still work? You might have to reconfigure the network interface using OMV-firstaid from CLI

• There is a nice guide from linuxserver.io blog.linuxserver.io/2019/04/25…rypt-nginx-starter-guide/ How to do it for OMV GUI is described in the forum, e.g. [SOLVED] How can I access OMV web UI with reverse proxy (Let's Encrypt) set up?

• Quote from tinh_x7: “I notice some users wrote a script to auto unlock Luks encrypted hdd upon startup. ” That means you need to store the key somewhere. Quote from tinh_x7: “Is this recommended instead unlock it manually ? ” Depends on your use case. When you can accept the above it should be fine. I do it for an external backup drive which I store in a place outside of my home. I have the key on my server. When I plugin the USB drive the drive gets decrypted using the key which is stored on th…

• Resource limit succeeded Service

macom - - General

Does it happen often? If no: I would just ignore it. It is just a warning to inform you that you could get things faster if you would have more resources. If yes: 1. you could disable emby and check if it happens again; depending on the result disable one service after the other 2. use top or htop to check the current workload on the device

• Quote from sNIKE: “... and then it freezes! ” So there is no "done" and no command line? Sorry, no idea.

• Before /srv/ filesystems were mounted in /media/

• Share root of HD

macom - - General

Do you want to change the folder name or just the name of the share? If you want to change the name of the folder on the hdd you have to remove the share in OMV gui (just the share, not the content). Rename the folder from CLI and create a new share pointing to the folder. If you just want to rename a share you can remove the share in OMV gui (again, just the share, not the content) and create a new share pointing to the folder.