Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 675.

• openmediavault-letsencrypt

donh - - Plugins

Quote from tinh_x7: “I looked at the codes, and it seemed to be the similar solution: convert 'privkey.pem > omv--aabb.key; "fullchain.pem' > 'omv-abb.crt'. We still missing some piece of the puzzle to key it import into OMV GUI. ” Here is a script I use to generate some other format cert for other os. Shell-Script (18 lines)Not sure what you are missing?

• OMV Qemu-KVM

donh - - General

This is how I would start out and adjust up or down based on your hardware and use. What hardware and needs do you have? Processor: 1 socket 2 cores, type host OS disk: 16GB virtio Storage Disks: virtio as needed Memory: 4 or 8GB Network: virtio and set multi que to match cpu cores. vmbr0 Once it is up and running apt-get install qemu-guest-agent. Install what else you may need. Good luck.

• OMV Qemu-KVM

donh - - General

Advantages of running OMV on proxmox as a vm. Both use very little resources. Snapshots and backups. Native ZFS if you want that. Maintained by proxmox. Industrial strength support if you want it. (not free) Both have good free support. Both are "free". Proxmox is solid platform with many more features. You can make it as complex as you need. Proxmox does not do "docker" but has lxc containers. I suppose you could run a vm of the os of you choice to do docker. ... Just install proxmox and then c…

donh - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from moreje: “If I'm not wrong, Import a cert in the cert section is by Copy-Paste the text . It is not so easy than importing a file, that is updated monthly by letsencrypt... ” I understand that. I was just mentioning why Volker probably won't change it to a file. And that is why I pointed to the code. It wouldn't be hard to have a cron job take the cert that the letsencrypt container is making and update the cert in OMV. ” Did I miss the code?

donh - - Plugins

Import your cert the first time. forum.openmediavault.org/index…62b772ea862a3e85562a912f0 Then you can use the script above. Just change the name and maybe fix the file type if required. I asked for the import file a long time ago. It was thought not to be needed. Or might be too hard. I forget. There are many types of file and it may take a lot of code to determine what form your cert is and convert it to what omv expects. This is open source and I am sure pull requests would be looked at. It i…

donh - - Plugins

Did you change the name to match the one OMV is using? / ls /etc/ssl//private/ ls /etc/ssl/certs

donh - - Plugins

Here is how I do it. Unfortunately I don't see a way to do it in the gui. This is for a wild card cert. Find the currently used certs. ls /etc/ssl//private/ ls /etc/ssl/certs Then I run a script to copy the new cert to the proper place. It works but it is not pretty. Shell-Script (11 lines)It will ask for password but you could use ssh key to get around that. digitalocean.com/community/tut…ication-on-a-linux-server

• Moving zpool to a different HBA

donh - - General

To be safe you should probably export the pool. Then import after the swap.

• Moving zpool to a different HBA

donh - - General

If the disks are refereed to by uuid or wwn it should just work. If they are /dev/sd* it may not work. You might be able to recover by importing the pool. Not sure how much is supported in the gui. May need to fix it on the cli. Good luck

• A few more details of what you are trying to connect to and what you have tried a may get a better guess. Have a look at. forum.openmediavault.org/index…ve%2Bdirectory#post180760

• Proxmox and OMV, Pool Lots of Resources?

donh - - General

I use omv as a vm for sharing to machines on the network. It allows easy admin of shares and Active directory for access. Since you have 3 servers you could setup a cluster. And use the cluster file systems. Talk about redundancy. But that is over my head. Good luck.

• Kernel question

donh - - Updates/Upgrades

I am not using the proxmox kernel in OMV. I am using proxmox and in the last few days proxmox uped zfs to 0.8.2. Be careful out there.

• Also try \\ipaddress.

• Error when checking for updates

donh - - Plugins

FYI sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list you don't need sudo when you are root.

• We have all done that before too.

• Active Directory / LDAP Revisited

donh - - CIFS/SMB

I was able to run the on OMV 5.0.9-1 and connect to my 2012 server. There is a chicken and egg situation going on. When you save the smb extra settings you will get an error because it is not joined to the AD. Ignore it and run the script. Reboot and hit the apply button and it will work this time. Reboot again and the users should be there. So the script works on OMV 3, 4 and 5. With windows server 2008, 2012 and 2016.

• I don't have any experience with 2019 yet. I have a script that works for many windows server versions. You might try it in a vm. forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/ My guess is dns problem.

• slow transfer speeds with mellanox 40gbe

donh - - Network

Quote from patman2097: “Quote from donh: “Make a ram disk on each side and see what speed you get?HO ” Ive manage to set up a ram drive on my local workstation, but how would you set up ram drive on the nas end? its is possible to set up cache on OMV even? ” Google knows. techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use-a-ramdisk-on-linux/

• slow transfer speeds with mellanox 40gbe

donh - - Network

Make a ram disk on each side and see what speed you get?

• Strange network behavior

donh - - Network

Has the nic name changed? ip address will show the name. What version are you running?