Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• You need to post the entire message. Everything you posted is a warning and not helpful. What is the output of: apt-get -f install

• Quote from NoBoots: “Af far as I've read docker will not work in omv5 on the (Nano)pi. ” Incorrect. Docker works very well on the NanoPiM4. Creating a custom docker network does not work without the change but seems to work quite well with the change. Hopefully docker works with nftables in the future to eliminate the need to change to iptables. Quote from NoBoots: “Looking for a solution which will work a longtime with a minimal work for me this seems to be not the way to go. ” Why?

• What would you control? This doesn't make much sense.

• The script has been tested many, many times without this error. A read only fllesystem is a sign something is wrong with your sd card. Quote from gamba85: “here can I download it from? ” forum.openmediavault.org/index…other-SBC-armbian-images/

• Quote from Agricola: “If somebody on the forum knows how to set up a MariaDB/Nginx/PHP server on OMV ” github.com/stevenliebregt/docker-compose-lemp-stack (I would change OMV's port though).

• OMV Qemu-KVM

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from guyp2k: “just curious how you present the disks to OMV, from proxmox or passthrough? ” I have done both but most are virtual disks because I have a proxmox cluster and you can't migrate a VM to different host if you are using passthrough. Quote from guyp2k: “Lastly, do you run Docker from the OMV VM as well? ” No. I have an Ubuntu 18 server VM just for dockers.

• Quote from johnnymcc: “MySQL makes stuff in the data directory on install, so it will be interesting to see if does things in the right order. ” Yep and if you change the path, you will need to move the stuff it creates. Quote from johnnymcc: “I prefer to use plug-ins on this system, especially since docker, which I'm not familiar with, is the other option. ” It is the future of quite a few things on OMV. So, I recommend trying it out.

• OMV systemlog full of errors / spam

ryecoaaron - - General

Fix in the script. For existing installs, the following commands should fix it: sudo sed -i "s/do ionice -c1/omv-ionice/" /etc/rsyslog.d/omv-armbian.conf sudo systemctl restart rsyslog

• OMV systemlog full of errors / spam

ryecoaaron - - General

There is an ionice script that the install script I wrote adds so that services use the faster cores on arm boards. There is an rsyslog rule so that it shouldn't log. I will have to look at it.

• This will be fixed in OMV 5.1.3 - github.com/openmediavault/open…5d5447b5584f2bbcd17fc981b

• Quote from ozboss: “So now if we can for sure say its a driver issue, can we then not just stop the driver itself from updating and we are good? ” This isn't Windows. The drivers are builtin to the kernel. Installing from the ISO doesn't install the backports kernel. So, if you install omv-extras BEFORE updating anything, it has an option to disable backports. Then updates *shouldn't* break things since it will keep using the 4.19 kernel which seems to work.

• can not activate smb/cifs

ryecoaaron - - CIFS/SMB

Try clearing your browser cache. That property should have never existing on a clean install of OMV 5.x.

• urbackup on omv5 raspberry pi 4b

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from kattivius: “About portainer apps, I don't see many. Not on the plug-in page. ” There are no docker apps on the plugin page. You need to look on hub.docker.com and then specify the image in portainer. Quote from kattivius: “Omv5 list is way more short in the omv plugin page . If I miss something, I would appreciate you explain me . ” There are some plugins that were not ported to OMV 5.x in favor of using docker - forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=186122#post186122 Quote from katt…

• Quote from johnnymcc: “Can you give me some direction on what to search for to find how to get MySQL on OMV? ” What a few of these videos to see how docker works on omv. Quote from johnnymcc: “I should have, somewhere along the way, been given a chance to set the data location but it didn't and I couldn't find any way to do that. ” I removed that option long ago. If you really don't want it in the package default directory (/var/lib/mysql), then you can specify the data directory in the extra op…

• It is possible that it is some custom Fujitsu adapter that the driver doesn't know about. All I can recommend doing is putting a different network adapter in it unless you feel like hacking the driver and compiling it yourself.

• which download for Rasberry Pi 4?

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Duaned: “I see downloads for SBCs. Can you tell me which would be the correct one to download for a Rasberry Pi 4? ” The readme in the SBC folder tells you what to do.

• Error intall OMV-Extra

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

The '4' in the omv-extras package is important. You are trying to install omv-extras for OMV 4.x on omv 5.x. You need to use the package with 5 in it. I recommend using the script from here - forum.openmediavault.org/index…49-OMV-Extras-org-Plugin/

• Quote from sheppy: “I the only one running into this (being locked-out of my pi using SSH) problem? ” This is a well known issue because the pi user is not in the ssh group (as volker said). You shouldn't even use the pi user and definitely shouldn't be using a desktop image. The first thing you should do after installing OMV is create a user from the omv web interface and add that user to at least the ssh group (if not the sudo group). That way you aren't using a user that is on every RPi insta…

• urbackup on omv5 raspberry pi 4b

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from kattivius: “Omv5 does not support doker gui just yet. ” It never will. Portainer is the option we are using on OMV 5.x. Quote from kattivius: “Not many dokers available. ” Strange. There are thousands of armhf dockers on hub.docker.com.

• Network connection lost after upgrade

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from ozboss: “!!! Unkown header type 7f ” This usually means the device is newer hardware than the driver knows about. Without having hardware to try this on, I'm not sure what else to do.