Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• This is what's in my OMV 5 file. I have no idea how it got in there. ARRAY <ignore> devices=* I tried your fix which I have seen posted on the net on and off for years but it never worked. Are you running with swap enabled?

• What are the contents of this file? /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume If RESUME= some filesystem UUID and it is not available then you will get about a dozen of those warnings before it gives up and boots.

• Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery

gderf - - General

Quote from curious1: “Quote from gderf: “SnapRAID didn't damage your files or your drives. From what I have read here you have one or more physically failing hard drives. ” How would "Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery" do for a title sound? ” Sounds good to me. Or perhaps you can work the word "hosed" in somewhere. LOL.

• mergerfs not distribute data evenly

gderf - - RAID

The thread subject should be changed because SnapRAID has nothing to do with it.

• cannot remove aquota.user or aquota.group

gderf - - SSH

Quote from RedpaX: “1) i am delete usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml 2) run command omv-salt deploy 3) run command reboot 4) go to directory /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SeagateEXT4 5) run command rm aquota.user and sudo chattr -i aquota.user and sudo rm -f aquota.user and Operation not permitted ” For command number 2) above, there is more to it than that. It might be as below but I am not sure. The Salt stuff is all new and I do not know whe…

• Disaster Recovery

gderf - - General

Quote from OldHat: “Thanks for the response. We envisage setting our OMV(s) up as a simple vanilla NAS. We'll configure with a couple of shares, then never change the config ever again. So... ...would a Clonezilla copy of the system disk made today be sufficient to restore the OMV at any time in the future, so long as all we ever do in the meantime is write and/or delete data: with no alterations to filesystem/shares/users? If that's the case we'll simply buy a spare system disk, clone it, and s…

• Docker Installation

gderf - - Docker

It will not show in the Plugins List because there is no native OMV 5 Docker GUI Plugin. Use Portainer or Cockpit instead.

• Portainer from OMV4 to OMV5

gderf - - General

Exactly what do you mean by "switching from OMV4 to OMV5" ?

• Where to log in as a user?

gderf - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from RUsum1: “My problem was solved by changing stuff to allow any and everyone to read/write/execute. ” This is a common "solution" that is a terrible idea. Your problem wasn't solved, only masked by completely circumventing filesystem security. You should learn about basic Linux concepts. There are endless resources available that will help you.

gderf - - General

SnapRAID didn't damage your files or your drives. From what I have read here you have one or more physically failing hard drives.

• I can't help you. I do not use Nextcloud.

gderf - - General

Unless this really is a SnapRAID disaster, I suggest that you re-title the first post to more properly describe what happened.

• Deploying a stack creates the container for you.

• I don't play with those settings, I leave them as I found them.

• I do not have IPV6 enabled in OMV, I have no IPV6 connection configured with my ISP, and the http-proxy is disabled in OMV. I never see see messages like you are seeing. Run the ip address command and verify that there are no IPV6 addresses configured, including link locals.

• If you do not have an active IPV6 connection with your ISP you should disable IPV6 in OMV's Network configuration.

gderf - - SSH

That's all I had to do to be able to delete those files.

gderf - - SSH

So, can you delete the files now or not?

gderf - - General

Storage | Filesystems press Create button, select device......................

• Plex docker set-up via Portainer fails.

gderf - - Docker

Have you viewed any of the available guides on this? Here's one: Source Code (1 line)