Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Quote from gderf: “OMV 4 and prior allowed us to add user defined repos for applications not carried by the Debian repos. This has either been placed somewhere I can't find or has been removed. I know how to drop files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d . Just wondering....am I lost or am I looking for something that no longer exists? ” It no longer exists. I didn't like how the code worked (hard to maintain) and most people didn't use it. People had issues with the signing keys (finding them mostly) an…

• Anti Docker

ryecoaaron - - Docker

Quote from donwie: “he main reason I have stayed with OMV is that they still used plugins but now that 5 is coming out and the heavy push for Dockers are they going to still let us users use plugins because IMHO the docker system on OMV sucks. ” Here is the list of plugins that were ported and that moved to docker. And while it is great that people want to use plugins, until we (really just me) get more help, this is the way it is going to be. I'm not sure how portainer sucks but things get a bi…

• Quote from Agricola: “I do understand phonetics. It was just an eye-brain thing. ” Wasn't sure if you knew that or not. I have met a lot of people who don't pronounce it engine and therefore don't get the 'E'.

• OMV Qemu-KVM

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from guyp2k: “how you present the volumes to docker i.e., plex, did you just add a volume via NFS (source OMV running as a VM in proxmox) in portainer and add the NFS volume to each container as needed, or is there another prefered method? ” I don't use plex but my docker volumes are just paths on the VM. The VM itself is stored on NFS though.

• Install the latest omv-extras that I just uploaded (5.1.11) and it will give better output as to what is happening.

• Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

ryecoaaron - - Docker

I just uploaded omv-extras 5.1.11 that should give better output to hopefully help figure out why some systems aren't working.

• Do you have two or four drives connected? Looks like an issue with the monit code though. @votdev

• Looks like it is probably failing to configure monit. So, try omv-salt deploy run monit

• ntfs drives really shouldn't be used on Linux. Your old drive is probably an older version of ntfs than the newly created drives. Wipe the drive in the Physical Disks tab before formatting as a native Linux filesystem.

• Error in the control panel

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from olaf008: “Danke für die Hilfe !!! ” Why not just bump the post instead of being disappointed with the free support... Your upgrade must not have worked correctly. The notifications section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml should look like: (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Agricola: “I kept searching for "LAMP" (there is no "E" in Nginx) ” Because nginx is pronounced "Engine X", that is why it is an 'E' in LEMP. LAMP is apache which would work as well. Quote from Agricola: “you just had to find this, didn't you? Thank you...I think. ” Good luck!

• You need to post the entire message. Everything you posted is a warning and not helpful. What is the output of: apt-get -f install

• Quote from NoBoots: “Af far as I've read docker will not work in omv5 on the (Nano)pi. ” Incorrect. Docker works very well on the NanoPiM4. Creating a custom docker network does not work without the change but seems to work quite well with the change. Hopefully docker works with nftables in the future to eliminate the need to change to iptables. Quote from NoBoots: “Looking for a solution which will work a longtime with a minimal work for me this seems to be not the way to go. ” Why?

• What would you control? This doesn't make much sense.

• The script has been tested many, many times without this error. A read only fllesystem is a sign something is wrong with your sd card. Quote from gamba85: “here can I download it from? ” forum.openmediavault.org/index…other-SBC-armbian-images/

• Quote from Agricola: “If somebody on the forum knows how to set up a MariaDB/Nginx/PHP server on OMV ” github.com/stevenliebregt/docker-compose-lemp-stack (I would change OMV's port though).

• OMV Qemu-KVM

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from guyp2k: “just curious how you present the disks to OMV, from proxmox or passthrough? ” I have done both but most are virtual disks because I have a proxmox cluster and you can't migrate a VM to different host if you are using passthrough. Quote from guyp2k: “Lastly, do you run Docker from the OMV VM as well? ” No. I have an Ubuntu 18 server VM just for dockers.

• Quote from johnnymcc: “MySQL makes stuff in the data directory on install, so it will be interesting to see if does things in the right order. ” Yep and if you change the path, you will need to move the stuff it creates. Quote from johnnymcc: “I prefer to use plug-ins on this system, especially since docker, which I'm not familiar with, is the other option. ” It is the future of quite a few things on OMV. So, I recommend trying it out.

• OMV systemlog full of errors / spam

ryecoaaron - - General

Fix in the script. For existing installs, the following commands should fix it: sudo sed -i "s/do ionice -c1/omv-ionice/" /etc/rsyslog.d/omv-armbian.conf sudo systemctl restart rsyslog

• OMV systemlog full of errors / spam

ryecoaaron - - General

There is an ionice script that the install script I wrote adds so that services use the faster cores on arm boards. There is an rsyslog rule so that it shouldn't log. I will have to look at it.