Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• There are guides available for this. See: Source Code (3 lines)

• AMD vs Intel for 50TB NAS build

gderf - - My NAS Build

Quote from Blabla: “What's IPMI? I don't think there are many 10 sata motheboard for consumer I think even 8 are a lot ” IPMI......well if you read up on it or knew about it first hand you might understand why IPMI is a highly desirable feature. Not sure what you really mean by consumer here. I'm a consumer and my OMV server has IPMI and 12 SATA ports.

• Do a minimum Debian net-install, and size your swap tiny or not at all. The you can install OMV from the deb package. I run my OMV with no swap on 16GB of RAM and never had a problem.

• Resetting the NIC from omv-firstaid doesn't fix it for me. The file was deleted, not regenerated, and I had to replace it by hand.

• Quote from madmoench: “Seeing as this issue creeps up consistently on all my attempts at setting up OMV 5.X and docker only AFTER rebooting the server once. ” Maybe your OMV 5 is doing what mine is. For some reason the /etc/resolv.conf file gets deleted. This leaves the machine with no working DNS.

• @ryecoaaron an unrelated question. OMV 4 and prior allowed us to add user defined repos for applications not carried by the Debian repos. This has either been placed somewhere I can't find or has been removed. I know how to drop files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d . Just wondering....am I lost or am I looking for something that no longer exists?

• If you stated the name and source of the docker image in use I must have missed it. If there is no documentation available for it, and you'd be surprised how often this is the case, then having difficulties wouldn't be surprising.

• two network interfaces, bridged

gderf - - Network

Quote from gian: “enp3s0 actually is a fixed lease, so it is always the same. ” But if enp3s0 gets a default gateway by virtue of the DHCP process then you have the probability of having two default gateways defined in one machine which is not allowed. Nowhere in your posts do you show what the default gateway is as actually reported by the stack. Run this command and post the results: ip route

gderf - - Network

Obfuscating private IP addressees is pointless and makes it more difficult to help. I would suggest not using DHCP to obtain an IP address on enp3s0. The information posted from /etc/network/interfaces.d/ for enp3s0 is not helpful.

gderf - - Network

I would try this. Set the interface you want to have internet access as you would do normally (it has the default gateway IP as that of your router's LAN port). Set the interface for the LAN to be in the LAN network but do not assign a default gateway IP. The two interfaces must belong to different IP networks. This is important.

• This is what's in my OMV 5 file. I have no idea how it got in there. ARRAY <ignore> devices=* I tried your fix which I have seen posted on the net on and off for years but it never worked. Are you running with swap enabled?

• What are the contents of this file? /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume If RESUME= some filesystem UUID and it is not available then you will get about a dozen of those warnings before it gives up and boots.

• Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery

gderf - - General

Quote from curious1: “Quote from gderf: “SnapRAID didn't damage your files or your drives. From what I have read here you have one or more physically failing hard drives. ” How would "Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery" do for a title sound? ” Sounds good to me. Or perhaps you can work the word "hosed" in somewhere. LOL.

• mergerfs not distribute data evenly

gderf - - RAID

The thread subject should be changed because SnapRAID has nothing to do with it.

• cannot remove aquota.user or aquota.group

gderf - - SSH

Quote from RedpaX: “1) i am delete usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml 2) run command omv-salt deploy 3) run command reboot 4) go to directory /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SeagateEXT4 5) run command rm aquota.user and sudo chattr -i aquota.user and sudo rm -f aquota.user and Operation not permitted ” For command number 2) above, there is more to it than that. It might be as below but I am not sure. The Salt stuff is all new and I do not know whe…

• Disaster Recovery

gderf - - General

Quote from OldHat: “Thanks for the response. We envisage setting our OMV(s) up as a simple vanilla NAS. We'll configure with a couple of shares, then never change the config ever again. So... ...would a Clonezilla copy of the system disk made today be sufficient to restore the OMV at any time in the future, so long as all we ever do in the meantime is write and/or delete data: with no alterations to filesystem/shares/users? If that's the case we'll simply buy a spare system disk, clone it, and s…

• Docker Installation

gderf - - Docker

It will not show in the Plugins List because there is no native OMV 5 Docker GUI Plugin. Use Portainer or Cockpit instead.

• Portainer from OMV4 to OMV5

gderf - - General

Exactly what do you mean by "switching from OMV4 to OMV5" ?

• Where to log in as a user?

gderf - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from RUsum1: “My problem was solved by changing stuff to allow any and everyone to read/write/execute. ” This is a common "solution" that is a terrible idea. Your problem wasn't solved, only masked by completely circumventing filesystem security. You should learn about basic Linux concepts. There are endless resources available that will help you.

• Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery

gderf - - General

SnapRAID didn't damage your files or your drives. From what I have read here you have one or more physically failing hard drives.