Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• I took a very quick look at the images. It seems you have installed apache. That is fine, but do it using docker, otherwise it is likely to clobber the OMV GUI. OMV use the NGINX webserver. In the future, backup the root fs. Then if you try something and it fails, you only have to restore the backup and everything is fine again.

• Odroid HC1 is arm32v7 but picapport arm32v6 works on HC2 anyway. No need to set any tag on this image. But picapport feels very slow. To the point that it is unusable for me. But I may have configured it wrong... Or it is something with the wrong arch? All functions seem to be there...

• Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

Adoby - - Docker

Start a console (ssh?) on the OMV NAS and try to ping google.com from it. If it succeeds you are connected to the internet. Your laptop may have different network settings. openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…tion/general/network.html

• Automatic updates?

Adoby - - Updates/Upgrades

I have several OMV NAS. I update one first. Everything. If all goes well I update the rest. There has never been any problem. I like to do it when I know I have time to fix any problems. Say a Saturday morning with nothing much else going on.

• 1. You decide. I won't upgrade or do any install of OMV5 until it leaves beta, but it seems very stable. 2. The easiest might be a small SBC OMV NAS. Then you can use rsync or rsnapshot to backup between them. A RPi4 with a powered external drive would do fine. But then you will need to to use OMV 5, the old OMV 4 images are no longer available. I do all my backups between my OMV NAS like this. Using rsync. One of my backup NAS is a RPi4 with a dual bay powered USB enclosure with two 8 TB drives…

• Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

Adoby - - Docker

You don't seem to be connected to the internet. Check network settings.

• Assuming that you are logged in to a console as a user that is in the group sudo: sudo passwd root Then specify the new password.

• connect Nvidia 2080ti egpu to omv

Adoby - - General

OMV is built on Debian. Debian is Linux. So search for info on getting egpu working on Linux in general, not just on OMV. That should get you more ideas when searching. One problem is that OMV is headless without a desktop. But it might still work. I assume that you have to connect and turn on the egpu, install thunderbolt drivers and Nvidia drivers and go from there. Perhaps you can disable the internal gpu in bios? And have Linux use the egpu as the default? You might want to experiment with a…

• If the recorded video is available over the network then it would be simple to copy/sync between the recording box and OMV. Or you might be able to tell the recording box to save directly to a share on the OMV NAS? Look for Samba/SMB/CIFS. It is like a networked version of NTFS and OMV supports it perfectly fine.

• I suspect that you or some evil remote hacker or virus/worm have failed to enter the correct user (root?) password too many times, and a user account login has been locked. Could that be possible? I have never experienced this myself. There are several threads here about it and how to fix it. Search for "locked user" or something. It is good practice to disable remote root login. Instead create a user, with a non-obvious name and strong password, that is member of ssh and sudo, and only use that…

• Be a genius instead: Don't use NTFS. OMV is working fine with a number of filesystems. NTFS is not one of them. EXT4 is. Don't use NTFS. Except perhaps for backups to an external drive and similar tasks. The procedure for adding shared folders is typically like this: Shut down the NAS Connect a new drive to the NAS. Start the NAS. Add the new drive in the OMV GUI and wipe it. Create a new filesystem on the new drive, using the OMV GUI. Mount the new filesystem using the OMV GUI. Only then can yo…

• mergerfs not distribute data evenly

Adoby - - RAID

I find it annoying that you didn't start a new thread for a different problem.

• I haven't used the installation methods you mention. I used the old discontinued RPi image. But... In OMV you have to add a user that is allowed to use SSH. Or allow root access using SSH. I assume you still have to do this after installing OMV. Did you do any of that?

• A PTUUID is a partition table ID. All gpt drives have a PTUUID. A UUID is a filesystem ID. A gpt drive with readable partitions have one or more UUID. A PARTUUID is a partition ID that is read from the partition table, but may not be readable as a filesystem. For instance if the partition has been encrypted. The UUID is read from inside the filesystem partition. If no UUID or PARTUUID can be read, then the PTUUID will be reported, if it exists. So if the partition table has been damaged, only th…

• Do a price compare between 3x6TB Ironwolf and one 16TB Exos. I'm not buying any hard drives smaller than 16TB any more. 10 GbE, bcache and fscache on NVMe SSD should make amazing performance possible. But it might take some effort to get working fully. 32GB RAM or more should also help disk caches, especially if you slow down write flushes. But then a UPS might be necessary.

Adoby - - RAID

I assume that new files will cause the same folders to be created on more drives, as new files are added and spread. The existing folders and files should remain where they are, unless you run the mergerfs.balance script. Changing from epmfs to mfs should be no different from creating a new mfs mergerfs pool from existing filesystems. Be sure to let us know how it works. I have not a lot of experience with mergerfs, but see a lot of potential in it.

• I haven't tested it, but I assume that you could use bcache with OMV. It would require you to partition and format volumes outside OMV. But then OMV should be able to use them. Then you could have a NVMe drive that works as a cache for the SATA hard drives. Possibly you could pool the hard drives using mergerfs as well, instead of using RAID. Install Debian first and configure bcache. Then install OMV on top. However this breaks all KISS rules. Could be fun and very performant but also difficult…

• Clone the drive using ddrescue then recover the data from the clone. As said above you confuse partition filesystem (ext4) with drive setup and partitioning method (gpt)

Adoby - - RAID

Yes. I think so. I haven't tried it yet. No. Not if you have good verified backups. But if you don't have good verified backups then all your files will be toast. Any change you make is almost guaranteed to cause catastrophic data loss. I almost promise 100%!

Adoby - - RAID

EPMFS will use the existing path FIRST. Paths will be preserved if possible. And only then, if the same relative path happen to exist on more than one filesystem, the filesystem with the most free space (MFS) will be used. So if a folder didn't exist on any drive, it is added to the drive with the most free space. After that the path exists on one drive only and all subsequent files in that folder end up there. If you want files to be added to the filesystem with the most free space, and paths c…