Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• Empty folder

Buff - - General

Good day Adoby Thank you for the response I have managed to resolve that problem maybe you can add some solution to the current :- I have installed OMV 5.1 onto a home built server MSI 7677 mini motherboard 8Gb ram I3 cpu. Disks are a 2.5 inch 80Gb for the operating system and a WD 1500Gb for server data. Installation is Ok but the issue I have is when I try to install plugin extra’s this fails from reading other posts with similar issues it suggests changing to a static iP this I have done, I s…

• Empty folder

Buff - - General

Brief background OMV installed worked good for about a month - unable to connect to server turned out to be a fault with the platform - reinstalled simple system one platform disk and a 1.5Tb storage - can see the drives the storage is both mounted & referenced - I have read & write privileges -OMV shows up in the file system clicking on what I used the SMB/CIFS folder is empty - checked privileges on a number of occasions. Thanks for help in advance. Please disregard found the solution on GitHu…

• Strange issue server response

Buff - - My NAS Build

I have a rather strange problem if you can help out please respond. Server specification i3 processor – 4Gb of memory – 1.5 Tb Sata Western Digital storage – MSI 7677 mobo. 80Gb Sata LapTop drive for the OS 5.0.5. Installed Open media vault straight forward no issues – set up as the program & Os according to instructions, disk format Ext.4. Connecting to the server two dual boot Mac desktops (Hackintosh) – Zorin (Unbuntu derivative) hard wired & One MacBook Pro via wireless. The Zorin & Mac book…

• My low cost setup works good apart from the server requires un-mounting - remounting to gain writing permissions.888314e4-a472-41ff-9d48-cfd7fdcd5618 Background my Mac no longer wanted to play ball with the large USB drive connected to myFritzbox router this made some operation difficult, my Zorin OS15 set up just got on with the joband never complained most pleased with this latest version. As there was no other solution the possibility that a pucker NAS set up may be the answer. Using stuff I …

• logging in

Buff - - General

I am not sure if this issue belongs to the OS or network being completely new to servers, I have managed to install and get OMV. working pretty good with a mixture of Mac and Unbuntu users, the one issue I have is that users have been granted read and write privileges and each user has connection as soon as logging on those privileges do not apply until you unmount and remount the drive. If anyone can offer a solution it would be much appreciated. Kind regards Buff